• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Atheist INFPs

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a (borderline) INFP and I detest religion for all its contradictions and masked cruelty.
That said, I have nothing against religious people as I know and love plenty of them as individuals. :)

Tantive

MBTI Type
INFP
Deliciously Atheist and morally ambigious to the conservatives point of view!

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, here in the Czech Republic, being an atheist is virtually a default mode for most people, so there probably will be a lot of atheist INFPs. My dad is an INFP and an atheist, but I think he actually became an atheist after much thought. My INFP brother is also an atheist as far as I'm aware.

However, most of my INFP friends seem to be agnostics. They have some sort of a personal belief, but it isn't really an established religious belief. As for me, I consider myself an agnostic, but I actually do have a personal belief that has a lot of common points with Hinduist philosophy.

Ethanescence

MBTI Type
INFP
I also couldn't understand why many of the descriptions of INFPs included spirituality.

I'm INFP and I'm an atheist in regards to belief, and agnostic in regards to knowledge. I have never been exceptionally religious or spiritual. And I can't understand many INFPs self-identifying with dogmatic or organised religions, as it seems like a contradictory position (in my opinion).

One of the main reasons I have rejected some of the more pervasive religions (such as Christianity) are mostly due to my interpretations of their religious texts. In particular, the Bible and the bigotry, violence and hypocrisy that it contains. And I lack belief in gods/deities mainly due to the lack of any evidence in favour of their existence (even though I don't deny the possibility of a god/deity existing).

Phenix

MBTI Type
INFP
I am non-religious. God, gods, supernatural powers, Hale-Bopp comets, crystals, and tin foil hats all make extraordinary claims. Extraordinary claims must be supported by extraordinary proofs. These claims have not even produced ordinary proofs and I suspect they will not in my life time. Well, at least Hale-Bopp showed up.

If you would like a thorough discussion of the absurdity of the Christian religion go to:

Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I grew up in church. Been there, done that, eventually realized that something was 'off' and that I didn't like it. I started to see it for what it really was and the people for who they really were. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I couldn't take the bullshit any longer. A lot of it didn't make sense, and some of it was just (no pun intended) god awful. Too many lies, too much deception, and too many good people getting hurt.

Beth Murphy M.Msc.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
For me spiritual means that I look within for my answers about anything beyond my self. To me religion signifies that there is a group wanting to share their ideas about what they consider a god together and also that they are open to be directed by people that they believe are more knowing then they are. I can weight in about one of my closed friend who tests as an INFP. She calls herself an atheist.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agnostic atheist here.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was raised by catholic parents in a religious environment, but I have always been agnostic. Ne paired with Te makes it really hard for me to pin myself down to a religious concept. I can't move past the fact that there are so many different religions that who is to say one is correct and there is no logical evidence to prove or disprove of any of them. I'm content with never knowing the answer, so I see no use pondering it either.

Spirituality, belief in a higher power or ultimate meaning is more often linked to Ni.

I’m agnostic. I’m spiritual in the sense I believe the universe is interconnected in the sense that if the Big Bang theory is correct the origin of early matter was a very compressed source. As things expanded elements became more complex, they evolved. We are star dust. I believe earth was seeded by comets and asteroids. Most of the Milky Way’s source material is from beyond this galaxy. Everything is connected on some level. We truly know so little about our universe, the truly incredible things that await discovery. Seeing as I’m dealing with a very incomplete picture of how all of these things work and relate to one another I have to look at it through a lens of spirituality. Call me a hippie or moron for thinking these things if you want.

At the same time that I identify as an agnostic, who I am to say I am right and an atheist is wrong? Take away my belief in a higher power of some sort and an atheist and I are operating with the same tools. Scientific knowledge.

VRose

I am an INFP and also atheist. I am completey on board with what disregard said about spiritual wellness. Perhaps atheism or at least agnosticism, syncs so easily with INFPs because our Ne is constantly open to new possibilities. Also INFPs tend to place a strong value on individuality. The idea of one, overarching truth which all people must adhere to may not resonate with many INFPs.

phoenix31

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
:bye: Atheist INFP here. I am drawn toward and interested in spiritual things, but I can't bring myself to actually believe in any of them.