• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs and 'sadness'?

revolve

marmaladesunrise's quote below:
Don't try to run on Ne/Te and ignore your Fi: I've done it before, it will catch up with you. :hug:[/QUOTE]

what i'm saying in response:
good point . . . i'm stuck with Fi . . . ugh! i'm kinda wondering what happened when you ran on Ne/Te . . . if you'd care to share??? you make a nice valid point :hug:

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
marmaladesunrise's quote below:
Don't try to run on Ne/Te and ignore your Fi: I've done it before, it will catch up with you. :hug:

what i'm saying in response:
good point . . . i'm stuck with Fi . . . ugh! i'm kinda wondering what happened when you ran on Ne/Te . . . if you'd care to share??? you make a nice valid point :hug:

I was, first of all, constantly seeking new experiences...that's not so bad, especially while extremely young. However, eventually I became a raging bitch who pushed people away in the name of self-protection and "getting things done." I tried to be what I thought an independent woman should be. This went on for quite some time. I was miserable, and eventually began to fall apart, then reverted temporarily to a state where I had to practically be "taken care of" and moved back in with my mother for a while.

Yeah, bad stuff. I went from being Superwoman to being a big baby(stuck excessively in Fi). I had to re-think things and mature into the idea of having a balance, and accepting myself for who I am and what I really want.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well shit...now i'm depressed.

actually...i can't say i experience this quite the same but i do relate to several comments. it is just that over idealistic nature and that constant feeling of dissatisfaction or...the waiting...waiting till "this" occurs and things will be as they should...but that waiting period seems never ending...ahh...screw it...we just need to enjoy the journey more.

PeaceRobin

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Perfect advice, Lady! We just need to enjoy the journey- the ups and the downs. Without one there is no other. We need to stop overanalyzing EVERYTHING! It's tough to learn but I've started recently and it really helps. I found I was making a lot of false judgements.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ive come to accept that perpetual sadness might just be part of being an ENFP. What I eqaute it to is the fact that we are individuals that DEMAND an ideal world, with and ideal future. And no matter where you live or the goals you accomplish in your life. The world will never be the idealism you strive for, it will forever be an impossible war. But one...that the idealists. like me and you, can never stop fighting.

Keep fighting sir, keep fighting.

i was thinking about this today (how i always feel unsatisfied with my present state) and then i read this post. is this a common ENFP thing? especially career wise, i'm always so confused about what i really want to do/contribute to i the world.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yup.

It is what makes it so hard to keep working at something - it feels so futile,knowingyour vision is too idealistic for this world. I know i have to grieve and accept that and settle for what i realistically can achieve but im not there yet ...