• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I stopped believing in Santa at a very young age. When I was in the womb, I heard some people singing Christmas carols, and I knew this shit wasn't for me.

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
I think I was 9 or 10 years old...
It just did not seem,how would say,possible...

Plus,on top of that I live in an apartment,how is Santa going to come down my radiator pipe?

Last edited:

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I have no chimney. It doesn't even snow here and I've been sneaking peeks at my presents since I was 5.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
I'm pretty sure I stopped believing at 6 or 7, but didn't say anything till I was 9. This was around the time Power Rangers Zeo came around and ruined everything.

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP
5 or 6 i think, i was in school. The class was divided in the Santa believers and the people who didnt believe in him, i was the one kid along with the little girls that still believed in Santa arguing fervently that he was real...

i asked my mom he was real expecting her to tell the truth (he was real, duh) when she whispered ''No'' in my ear infront of my little sister i just stayed frozen in a '':huh:'' face.

I still remember pretty clearly must of marked me heh

wolfy

awsm
Eight or nine. I had no conflict over it other than checking whether I still was going to be receiving presents.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
i was about 7 but i let my parents think i still believed until i was about 12 in order to get the presents i wanted...though i often doubted my truth throughout those formative years (thought i heard santas sleighbells on xmas eve one year and had to rush home to go to sleep so santa would come). my folks wanted me to believe so i accomodated their wish.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My story isn't nice, but I was 9/10, when I was forcefully told the truth. Although I sort of hadn't believed for a long time, I wanted to hold onto the fantasy.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't, I've just been a bad boy for too long.

grasshoppersings

MBTI Type
infj
When I was five and standing next to the bushes that separated our front yard from the neighbors, the neighbor kid from up the street told me about Santa being a fraud. My world got slow and introspective all of a sudden. I was really shocked at this accusation. I needed to find out the truth in the matter. I had to ask my Mom about it and it was confirmed that it was a lie. When I asked why parents tell their kids lies about Santa, my Mom gave some lame excuse that she still sticks to today. This truth (along with other abuses, of course) shattered my trust in authority because I thought my parents would never lie to me. I began realizing that things were terribly wrong in the world and have been trying to problem solve this dilemma ever since. I have since resolved to tell the truth no matter whose feelings get crushed because lies do irreparable damage to our trustworthiness. It is written that mercy and truth will bring you favor with both God and man. I believe this. No matter how hard the truth hurts, compassion and talking things through will help people learn to trust again. Lying and telling fairy tales to kids just makes the fantasy/reality issue even more confusing for people. Santa is a stupid lie. Don't lie to your children! And now I am learning to trust again. Truth telling people are my friends.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I think 10? Either way I still believe in Santa out of narcisism. Especially since coming to Finland.

Want to know why no-one has found Santa at the North Pole? That was just to put everyone on a wild goose chase to keep from finding the REAL factory. Santa lives in northern Finland because no-one goes to this country :D

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
To be honest I really don't remember when I realized Santa wasn't real. I guess it had virtually no effect on me as I tend to remember things that had a profound emotional effect on me.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5. Something with finding the unwrapped presents behind the couch. I don't actually remember believing him just when I found out he was fake.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I never really believed in him. I knew my presents came from my parents. I always had imaginary friends and I liked them very well, but I realized they were imaginary too. I liked getting letters from the Toothfairy, but I was always vaguely aware that they were penned by my mum or my aunt.

^ Same here
Actually, I think my parents gave me some hints that santa was not real, because I was so afraid of him :blush:

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
^ Same here
Actually, I think my parents gave me some hints that santa was not real, because I was so afraid of him :blush:

:laugh: Oh, you poor thing. Why were you afraid of the jolly old man? ;)

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
:yes: I think I was afraid of all men, except my dad and two uncles :cheese:

Ah. That sucks. I guess I could see how his booming voice and large body mass could be intimidating in that case. What a bummer. :mellow:

Afkan

RE: OP

I never believed in Santa. I was never told there was a Santa. Why? Bc i have an INFP mom who was heartbroken and felt betrayed when she as a child found out there was no Santa. She was devastated that all mankind could tell so many lies.

:)

I'm fine with it. I think I benefited. As a result I got to feel superior to other children and became as such developing superior problem solving skills (jk) listing reasons why it was impossible for Santa to exist.

My mom also avoided the Santa lie bc she didn't want her children thinking God was a lie too.