• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What would an angry INFJ say to you?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
You're lucky I have two feet. If I had to choose between your world and mine, you would never see me again.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
She will say nothing to you. Absolutely nothing. For years. :(

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
How badly have you messed up? How far into their inner circle are you? How much lapse time has there been between the incident and them talking to you? Have you ignored important warnings in the past? All of these are pertinent pieces of information.

Generally INFJs don't enjoy being angry. They do appreciate signs of remorse though and if they do let you have it with both barrels it's because you've ignored all previous warnings given. If pushed very very hard they may doorslam you (usually they are beyond even feeling angry by then though).

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whatever she says...

LISTEN. :yes:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Halla is married to one. He should know.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
In my case it's either silence or sobbing combined with screaming.

So if it gets to that point, and I can promise it builds up for a long time, you need to just apologize because your INFJ gave you a lot of chances before it got that bad. Doesn't matter if their rant makes any sense, just apologize.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Something to the degree of, "So this is who you really are?" in order to put them on the defensive and in an attempt to make them reflect on their actions. Usually, I am long gone before that point. As Fidelia stated, as soon as my anger is gone, all of my emotions have completely disconnected for that person and I just move on, wanting nothing to do with that person again.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Aw Peguy, that's kind of an endearing rant. :wubbie: Wubbie worthy, embarrassingly enough (I hate using emoticons)...

Even you saying you hate him (more than once) doesn't seem to convey the withering disrespect that an NT might shoot someone's way. In fact both Part I and II were incredibly well-documented and factual. Maybe it's the lack of mud-slinging that doesn't imply venemous hatred.

How'd you feel when you were writing it? Were you being restrained for the sake of your audience?

S

Sniffles

Aw Peguy, that's kind of an endearing rant. :wubbie: Wubbie worthy, embarrassingly enough...

Even you saying you hate him (more than once) doesn't seem to convey the withering disrespect that an NT might shoot someone's way. In fact both of them were incredibly well-documented and factual. Maybe it's the lack of mud-slinging that doesn't imply venemous hatred.

How'd you feel when you were writing it? Were you being restrained for the sake of your audience?

I restrained myself in large part so as not run afoul with the mods or the rules, plus I guess because I am something of a gentleman at heart. But I could've said far more ugly things to him(and certainly wanted to). When writing those posts, I literally just wanted to let him have it as far as the rules and my conscience would allow. I often have a high patience level, but Victor insists on rattling the tiger's cage.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Incidentally, I've always wanted to be able to do the links to posts by underlining certain words (as you have so liberally done in your ranting). Tell me how?

S

Sniffles

Incidentally, I've always wanted to be able to do the links to posts by underlining certain words (as you have so liberally done in your ranting). Tell me how?

Just click on quote on my post and imitate the what I did. I tried to explain it but it came out funny.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
At the end of what? The post? The sentence? Your statement?

JohnDoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
I usually can tell what peoples hopes and fears and what they are ashamed of. And if I am very very, angry I will tell people in precise detail why their deepest fears will come to pass, their hopes are hopeless, and what I know that they are ashamed of. INFJ's who are are angry are able to wreck far more devastation then can be possibly imagined. But that is rare, being angry is a waste of time.

P

Phantonym

She will say nothing to you. Absolutely nothing. For years. :(

Yes. I'd have to agree with this one. But it would really have to be something "extra special" to make an INFJ THAT angry with you.

Usually in milder cases the initial reaction is the stare - THE STARE - where every particle of your being is disintegrated on the spot and then blown away. A few short but precise harsh words follow and then there's silence.

Sometimes there are no words but you sure feel the wrath seeping out of every pore.

After a while, when the initial anger had subdued and the incident that caused the anger is thoroughly analyzed, more lengthy discussions about how, why, when, where etc. commence. You'd better be prepared.

Willywallywoo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Honestly, it depends who it is I am angry at.
If it's on a forum, I'll probably go for a rather diplomatic and constructive and logical reasoning for what the person did or said wrong... If I am forced to confront someone in RL (say a friend or such) , I'd go for the same approach, diplomatic and constructive and rational. I'd prefer to do the silent treatment and retreat into myself though.

Honestly I am having a bit of a confrontation about this with my roomate (ENTP), well he is confronting me for not speaking up about my feelings and needs. I've honestly been quite annoyed at him for alittle bit now for nagging on me so much, I realize now the reason why he was nagging was because he couldnt get any information about my needs and got worried, and tried to nag me to get some kind of reaction or answer.