• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs, do you hate?

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs are thought of as one of the least hateful types. So I wonder, what does it take to make an INFP hate or have contempt for someone?

I read somewhere that an INFP's idealistic nature will lead them to hold very high standards to themselves and others. If these stadards are not met by someone to a great degree, what will the INFP feel about the culprit?

Discuss or derail, please. :cheese:

lua

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I have never hated anyone and don't think I ever could. I could be wrong, though. That said, I know a few INFPs and - while they aren't quick to "hate" - I do know one that has what he calls a deep hatred for a woman who he believes greatly disturbed the peace within his family.

It is extremely difficult to explain why I personally don't hate or have ever hated anyone, but I'm sure it's due to the large dose of empathy I seem to have been given.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
I have never hated anyone and don't think I ever could. I could be wrong, though. That said, I know a few INFPs and - while they aren't quick to "hate" - I do know one that has what he calls a deep hatred for a woman who he believes greatly disturbed the peace within his family.

It is extremely difficult to explain why I personally don't hate or have ever hated anyone, but I'm sure it's due to the large dose of empathy I seem to have been given.

:rofl1:

Hate can be beautiful, and very useful. And silly.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
only in short bursts, hating people is hard work.

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't like the feeling of hate, and it takes a great deal to get me to hate a person. Generally, apathy or avoidance are better options. Hate is too active and too much energy to spend on someone I dislike. I do hate a few people. I refuse to empathize with them, from what they've shown me they are inhuman monsters not worth getting to breathe my air. It's hard to cross that line with me though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate evilness, and I think it is necessary to do so if you want to also love what is good. It's not an active feeling directed towards any individual (as mentioned - too much energy), but a general feeling towards what I recognize as sheer wickedness.

I feel like people can always change for the better, and I always maintain a hope for individuals. However, I may still hate what they do. When I do hate an individual, it doesn't last. It usually settles into a resentment and a general ill feeling at the thought of them, and then that dissipates further to indifference.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
only in short bursts, hating people is hard work.

If it's not natural, then it's not as good. And if it's natural it shouldn't take or feel like "work".

People rarely are able to "get to me" also.

It's always started by my Fe and my Ne!

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I certainly hate it when people hurt and mistreat others for no good reason. But actively hating someone for long? Nope... like holding grudges, it's just too much work.

That doesn't mean I forget and offer unearned trust again, though.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
But actively hating someone for long? Nope... like holding grudges, it's just too much work.

Maybe that's why it never lasts more than a couple days, with me. Even though it always just stays in my mind.

Sauropsidian

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can say that I do feel like I hate someone, but it really took a lot for that to happen. I feel like a horrible person for it, but after what happened, I couldn't really feel any other way. I think that's probably the only person I've genuinely hated.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I do hate one person, what it took for me to hate them was years and years of verbal abuse and their own misguided hatred of me.

However, I would forgive this person if I felt like they were trying to be a better person. I'm very forgiving. Hating people really is hard.

cellar door

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Agreeing with most of the said things on here.. I suppose I hate characteristics of people as a whole, but it's hard for me to consistently hate an individual. I always manage to justify their actions in a game of tug of war between my heart and my cognitive reasoning =/ I just can never be 100%.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If it's not natural, then it's not as good. And if it's natural it shouldn't take or feel like "work".

People rarely are able to "get to me" also.

It's always started by my Fe and my Ne!

if you're an NF, hating others tends to always feel like expending energy or stress. Also, this varies on personal definition of what hate equates to. The stress comes from focusing hate, if I hate someone/something I usually dwell on it and it becomes self-inflicted damage.

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
Hating is too troublesome. If you don`t like someone, why bother with them any further and let them have such a strong effect on you? Hate is poison to the body and the mind.

I don`t get how some people can easily say they hate someone, when they don`t even know them, like a teacher or sth. Yeah sure, it`s deffinitely the teachers fault if you fail on a test. And to write such nonsense on FB...that`s just stupid.

_Violence_

INFP are human beings.

Homo sapiens.

Which means they, like EVERYONE ELSE, is capable of feeling the entire emotional spectrum.

Including hate.

/thread

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
INFP are human beings.

Homo sapiens.

Which means they, like EVERYONE ELSE, is capable of feeling the entire emotional spectrum.

Including hate.

/thread

I'm sure they don't appreciate that post.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP are human beings.

Homo sapiens.

Including hate.

/thread

Thank you. The obvious would have never occurred to me.