• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Being FiNe with who you are

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As we go through the motions of finishing 2009, this is usually the time of the year where we make resolutions of how we are going to change and become better persons in 2010.

This is not what the thread is about, sort of. This thread is about the things that you don't want to change, despite what others say :soapbox:

I have noticed the NF forum has gotten quite negative lately. For example, the "NFs do you ____" threads and the "Do NFs ____?" threads. The time has come for a thread like this one; we're not that bad for gosh sakes...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have noticed the NF forum has gotten quite negative lately. For example, the "NFs do you ____" threads and the "Do NFs ____?" threads. The time has come for a thread like this one; we're not that bad for gosh sakes...

If you think this is negative, you should spend like ten minutes on INTP central!

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If you think this is negative, you should spend like ten minutes on INTP central!

Just did. Mass of INTPness - INTP Central Seems to have a lot warmer, fluffier topics than this forum. To be clear, I mean this forum at present. It was much different before December, then just kind of had a downward spiral into self-doubt.

So, I was glad to see this thread pop up.

I will continue to be a FiNe SiTe by:

-continuing to be curious and engage in intellectuality in ways that aren't necessarily acceptable to Ts
-continuing my campaign of guerilla humor, striking where least expected for greatest effect
-continuing to try to be creative even in non-creative situations
-continuing to want to help, even if I am not necessarily the most qualified to help
-continuing to not let it get me down when my efforts go unnoticed; they probably do not go more unnoticed than the efforts of those that I admire anyway...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just did. Mass of INTPness - INTP Central Seems to have a lot warmer, fluffier topics than this forum. To be clear, I mean this forum at present. It was much different before December, then just kind of had a downward spiral into self-doubt.

Whaaaaat? Are you joking? That site is one big black hole of angry antisocial misanthropy. As Jaguar said, it's brimming with quasi-psychosis.

Every single thread is "OMG NON-INTPs ARE THE DEVIL" + ridiculous flame wars. You must not have been paying much attention.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going to continue to
- obsess about pretty much everything for no good reason
- ramble about everything I think is cool
- break all my resolutions

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will continue to:
- Give up on art, then pick it back up, and then forget it again.
- Be super conservative about my money, and then splurge on the dumbest thing.
- Go through phases of being lazy and being super active and involved.
- Run around in my bedroom doing mundane tasks without clothing.

Yes :yes:

I will continue to:

- soak up knowledge like a sponge that is seemingly useless but extremely fascinating to me for its own sake
- want to be in love with someone
- leave my room in a chaotic state while being anal about my neatly ordered desk
- wear black turtlenecks, smoke Gauloises and listen to jazz (i.e. to be the self-aware cliché I am)
- probably read way more than I post, both here and IRL

Yes :yes:. But instead of turtlenecks & whatnot, replace with wearing black nail polish, drinking too much coffee and red wine, reading Neruda and listening to the Smiths (ie. another self-aware cliche).

I will also continue to:
- quote song lyrics and movies in everyday conversation
- wake up at noon, unless I get a job (then I will show up 20 min late every other day)
- complain that nothing has lived up to my expectations, but continue to dream of impossible perfection
- have the guts to wear strange clothing combinations without apology
- say the nice thing, instead of the :devil: thing I really want to say
- flip the nice/mean switch unexpectedly when someone really pisses me off
- give people the benefit of the doubt to the point of naiveté (ie. maintain the faith in the goodness of mankind)

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
- soak up knowledge like a sponge that is seemingly useless but extremely fascinating to me for its own sake
- want to be in love with someone
- probably read way more than I post, both here and IRL

:yes:

be patient with people who wear me out.
write in bursts.

:laugh: I've never really made a resolution either.
Analyze everything
Need to have a good reason for doing things

-continuing to try to be creative even in non-creative situations
-continuing to want to help, even if I am not necessarily the most qualified to help

Yes :yes:
- quote song lyrics and movies in everyday conversation
- have the guts to wear strange clothing combinations without apology

-Continue tripping over myself in public.

-Making grocery lists and realizing they are still attached to the refrigerator, when I get to the store.

-Putting my playlist on shuffle, but continue pressing next until I find the song I want to listen to.

-Checking the mail once a month.

-Reading in the bath until the water is unbearably cold.

-Fill up the gas tank when the needle is on E.

-Make sure everything else is in its place except the one thing I'll need at that moment.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will continue dreaming and living in my own little world till I finally am able to actually go back there for real *dreams*

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to continue procrastinating. (Not FiNe with it...just being realistic. :D)

I will most likely continue to have horrid sleeping habits.

I'm going to continue being idealistic in regards to relationships. And life in general.

I'm going to keep stumbling along in life, not having a clue as to what I want to do. More surprises though, I suppose. ;)

I'm going to remain hopeful.

I'm going to keep working on my goals, even though there seems to be no end in sight...and I don't really know what "value" these things will have out in the real world.

I'm going to continue keeping a small friend group, no matter how guilty people try to make me feel about it. (It's not an exclusivity thing...it's just exhausting for me to have to go out of my way to hang out with too many people.)

I'm going to keep being "weird". It's more fun.

I'm going to keep being honest with myself and improving upon my weaknesses.