• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Can NFs be ruthless, cruel or evil?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a funny question. I assume that the cruelty here is in the realm of the emotional / values or the like, because it is specifically about NFs (Feelers). This is only my personal opinion, but I think those who can recognize and do possess a knife are indeed the ones who know how to misuse them, in other words; no question, the answer is yes. The question implies that NFs by standard definition can do no / are not evil nor can they be ruthless, which is very ridiculous. Perish that thought. It also creates an almost automatic and false dichotomy that if Fs are the ones possessing the traits OP listed, then Ts do not, and thus are more incapable of exercising them, or are more capable of acts of ruthlessness and cruelty.

Most typology profiles online paint a standard archetypal picture of each type, often skewed towards the positives with not much emphasis on the negatives. Not all ENTJs are CEOs, just like not all NFs are saints and Mother Theresas.

EDIT: Reading back several pages, most posters who cite cruelty (and are Fs) are those citing anecdotes of aggression for a cause, or in retaliation. Google up the definition of ruthlessness, cruelty, and evil, because none of you are.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Hitler was an INFJ so yes obviously.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
NFs can be really good at "whipping" up an emotional environment. Whether it's a positive or a negative one depends on the individual.

Rune

MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes.. when you are an arsehole that misspells a word while trying to use it in an intelligent way. -hisses-

okay, kidding with that.. but I SERIOUSLY hate being restrained. I have no idea why. I can definitely become cruel under the circumstance of being forcefully restrained.
I think I feel like Im being attacked, and I hate feeling helpless.. and also its even worse when multiple people are involved.

I feel like people are treating me like I am a violent threat, so I become one.

The funny thing is, I wasnt restrained by police. I was restrained by family. They think Im crazy. I wasnt doing anything against the law, they were just supposedly worried about me.

Let me lie in the hole I dug or am digging for myself. Its better for YOUR health.
I should be allowed to leave and POTENTIALLY have bad things happen to me if bad things are meant to happen to me. Im an adult. :mad:

Im so sheltered sometimes I invite the bad shit to happen. I know thats not a grateful attitude, but I want to LIVE dammit. Being stuck in the house is NOT living.

I looked up my rights after the last time I got restrained.. Im sick of getting restrained and lashing out at loved ones.
So I found out even as a supposed crazy person, I have my rights.
They arent supposed to forcefully restrain me. If they really have a complaint about my actions, they can talk to the police about it.

They are trying to control me.

I will respect the police. but my family is too biased and partial to their own wants and needs to be fair to me and my feelings. I would trust the police to consider my well-being better than my parents.
I want to ride a motorcycle, but everyone says no because its dangerous. I KNOW its dangerous. Thats part of why I want to do it. because doing dangerous things and surviving is fun.
Im not hurting anyone or intending to hurt anyone. Stop trying to control me. >=(

They think Im too stupid to ride a motorcycle safely. Its so infuriatingly insulting. >.>

I dont have children, so its not like if I died Id be leaving children behind that cant take care of themselves.
Im not even married. Lol. Why do people think they have the right to tell me not to do something when they arent my spouse.

and a boss would be a different story too. but they can only tell me what to do from under my contract and under certain conditions.

I understand my family loves me.. but.. maybe they love me a little too much. would the lack of my presence in their life cripple them?

It crippled my mom when my papa died. She broke.
and my father broke after my cousin died.
I dont remember either of them very well, if at all. Someone I never knew had that much power over MY life, just because they died.
Yes, its sad... I know, papa loved me very much.. but maybe dont let yourself fall apart because of someones death.. focus on yourself and what you are doing to yourself by living a life filled with paranoia and fear.

I dont expect people to believe me when I say death is not something to be feared.. its painful.. and no.. its probably never fun to DIE. but it is fun to LIVE. and living is pretty close to dying as far as I can see. I mean, everything thats alive has to die at some point anyway.. so yes, theres a connection there.

I also have the right to work. >.> Thats a whole different can of worms, though.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Of course they can o_O

What kind of question is this

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Lol, sure...yes, keep believing there are humans out there who are incapable of evil. You're very naive, good sir.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. Anyone, regardless of type, has the potential to be anything.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
This is seriously such a dumb question, I can't get past it. Define ruthless, cruel, or evil, even. Something like cheating can fall into that category, for instance, and is no NF capable of cheating? Come on...and if you honestly trust typology statements about how value laden NFs are over your own insights into the capabilities of mankind, I have no words.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes.

I have an ENFJ little brother, he eats his peers for breakfast. Fe/Ni or Ni/Fe is something that can be quite dangerous when used aggressively.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
lol where is the not type related stamp.

honestly one of the most ruthless people i ever met was a fellow ENFP.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I have done plenty of ruthless, cruel and evil stuff before I developed my Fi in high school. My father was is also an ENFP and he has done a lot of ruthless, cruel and evil stuff to me.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my gosh, so much to say.

Cheating isn't an NF stuff, maybe you could explain why you are asking such questions about NF who are the Idealists of the mbti.
Let's not forget it.

We all have préjugés, and those kinds of forum are to me an opportunity to break them.
Long Life to Typology Central !

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Here´s me in another post:
"As I saw on other statistics, the fact that some types general does something/"are" something, doesnt imply that all persons inside that type does the same something or are the same something. For example, Ps in general are not organized while Js in general are organized, but that doesnt mean that all Ps are not organized (some P can be organized) or that all Js are organized (some Js can be messy). MBTI is somehow an human categorization, and that for simple reason we cant just condemn someone for the only and lonely reason because of their type/category, even if their type inside any categorization had "bad" statistics. Thats true for any kind of categorization, incluiding categorization by race or nationality or whatever (big 5 and enneagram does join here too)."
Evil is a very difficult thing to objectively measure, but in subjectivity (ok, I do have one or two controversy and not properly taken stats that indirectly reinforces this) I think that NFs in general tends to be less evil then the "average evilness" of humanity, but being a NF alone does not stop someone from being evil, but it should be less likely.