• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Can an xNFJ actually fix an ENTP?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I keep reading these things about the xNFJ desire to fix people.

ENTP is one of the types that fights against that kind of thing the most ... the desire to be independent, etc. :coffee:

So if I were to let go and say they're right and allow an xNFJ fix me, what would they turn me into? Would I end up able to shoot confetti from my fingertips? That could be cool.

Or would I just dress better?

:thinking:

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not sure you want a dude that would tell you how to dress.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like helping people learn how to fix themselves and/or their situations, but only if there is something really dysfunctional going on.

Somehow, I knew not to marry someone I felt needed to make major changes in order to be acceptable, so I don't treat my husband like a DIY project. This (the DIY thing), however, was what my mother-in-law expected me to do, so I've been a disappointment to her in that way.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Eh...people can't "fix" others. You can alert others to new ideas, but, ultimately, the other chooses what to do with those resources. We can see things, but we can't control them.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
You can alert others to new ideas

By leaving this book subtly within my view for me to find, or by throwing it at my head?

51R83G3HEEL._SS500_.jpg

Nyx

I tried, but once an ENTP always an ENTP. I think I left my mark though ;)

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I keep reading these things about the xNFJ desire to fix people.

ENTP is one of the types that fights against that kind of thing the most ... the desire to be independent, etc. :coffee:

So if I were to let go and say they're right and allow an xNFJ fix me, what would they turn me into? Would I end up able to shoot confetti from my fingertips? That could be cool.

Or would I just dress better?

:thinking:

If it's an INFJ, they will probably probe around in your psyche to see if you have any issues that are in the realm of a personality disorder, any leanings towards mental illness, or past trauma that needs healing. That's what I would do, anyway. :)

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I HATE it when Fe types try to "fix" me. And I'm not even an ENTP. So that would be a no. I love the ones that don't. Unless it's a female XNFJ with ulterior motives involved in said fixing, and then you can fix me all night long. :devil:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
What is there to fix? We're practically perfect as it is...

P

Phantonym

You can't really "fix" anybody unless they acknowledge that there are some changes they should make. You can't fix somebody who doesn't want to fix things for themselves. That's not how it works.

If an xNFJ (or anybody, for that matter) comes for you with a desperate need to fix everything he/she thinks is "wrong" with you, then that's a seriously unhealthy approach and the xNFJ might be in need of fixing.

The "fixing" involves seeing possibilities of you being the best you can be, helping you discover those possibilities within yourself. Things that you didn't really pay that much attention to and maybe offer insights that lead you to realizations you might have not reached or you wanted to resist yourself. Offer support and understanding, creating a supportive environment so that you could come to things yourself instead of being forced.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
You can't really "fix" anybody unless they acknowledge that there are some changes they should make. You can't fix somebody who doesn't want to fix things for themselves. That's not how it works.

If an INFJ comes for you with a desperate need to fix everything he/she thinks is "wrong" with you, then that's a seriously unhealthy approach and the INFJ might be in need of fixing.

The "fixing" involves seeing possibilities of you being the best you can be, helping you discover those possibilities within yourself. Things that you didn't really pay that much attention to and maybe offer insights that lead you to realizations you might have not reached or you wanted to resist yourself. Offer support and understanding, creating a supportive environment so that you could come to things yourself instead of being forced.

For that answer, I'm going to have to make sure you get that hippo you've been asking for. :D

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I was waiting for this one. :laugh:

Of course you were because we all know it's true. :yes:

I was actually a bit surprised to see that it hadn't been posted yet in the first place.

It'd be cool if xNFJs could grant us the ability to shoot confetti out of our fingers though. Then it really would be a party wherever we go. :moonwalk:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Fixing" as in neutering so that ENTPs don't proliferate in the wild to the point where we hit them with our cars as they stroll in herds across the lonely backroad highways?

"Fixing" as in the Southern word for side dishes, usually cole slaw, french fries, potato salad or peach cobbler, usually eaten at a tailgating party?

"Fixing" as in a mafia bribe where people say things like "Wise guy, eh?!" and "the fix is in!"

Then the answer is no. Unless it happens to be yes.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
"Fixing" as in neutering so that ENTPs don't proliferate in the wild to the point where we hit them with our cars as they stroll in herds across the lonely backroad highways?

That'd be a futile act, imho. We've constructed ENTP sperm banks all over the country in an effort to counterattack the genocide attempts of you crazy NFJs.

"Fixing" as in the Southern word for side dishes, usually cole slaw, french fries, potato salad or peach cobbler, usually eaten at a tailgating party?

Everybody knows that fried ENTPs are the best fixin' this side of the Mississippi!

"Fixing" as in a mafia bribe where people say things like "Wise guy, eh?!" and "the fix is in!"

Idk what this means, but Al Pacino is mighty sexy in The Godfather!

Thanks for giving us all the colloquial definitions of the word "fixing." :smile: