• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Freedom for your soul?

Chloe

What is it?
what's freedom to you..
are you there ?

what would you need to achieve in order to feel spiritualy free....

(i dont mean moments when you feel free, i mean in general... as whole person)

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Joy... when I improv piano... or sing for people or listen to this[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCLxso5XDN4"]Mendelssohn Violin Concerto [/YOUTUBE]

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i feel free when i feel perfectly centered. which is easy when i'm well-rested. which is easy when i have no responsibilities. so i feel free when i have absolutely no responsibilities.

altho obviously even laziness becomes a responsibility eventually, dependency in fact being inescapable.

i also feel free when i am unselfconsciousofspelling and grammatical eras and just let it all out with joyous raised arms like the world champion of running at fat kid camp.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Spiritual freedom is the only freedom that can never be taken away, and it is, roughly, the manner in which you interpret your experience. It is the freedom to find meaning in your life.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest you read Victor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning. It's an easy read, (well, some people find it very difficult to read), but, despite its simplicity, Mr. Frankl gives an excellent exposition of this type of freedom.

Abuwabu

MBTI Type
ISTP
Being in direct contact with the world and in full communion with nature. With the sails set sweetly and the boat holding her course by herself in the gentle breeze, no land in sight and a full-sweep of stars in the clear night sky. I lay on my back, alone on my little boat, and feel truly free. That is for me life - a true understanding of my place in the world, and ability to determine by position on this planet by referencing the stars above and around me.

That and skiing - moving with fluidity and performing those movements to the best of my ability. Wahoooo

Susenfp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Freedom is an absolute comfort in your own skin. The self confidence to make mistakes and learn from them.

And having a constant passion for something, a goal that keeps you moving forward. I think that sort of sums up Victor Frankl book. So I guess for me complete freedom is having complete meaning in my life.

Chloe

Being in direct contact with the world and in full communion with nature. With the sails set sweetly and the boat holding her course by herself in the gentle breeze, no land in sight and a full-sweep of stars in the clear night sky. I lay on my back, alone on my little boat, and feel truly free. That is for me life - a true understanding of my place in the world, and ability to determine by position on this planet by referencing the stars above and around me.

That and skiing - moving with fluidity and performing those movements to the best of my ability. Wahoooo

:wub: love the answer. And explain why is so cool to be SP. :yes:

Freedom is an absolute comfort in your own skin. The self confidence to make mistakes and learn from them.

And having a constant passion for something, a goal that keeps you moving forward.

That's kinda freedom for me too... :)

Susenfp

MBTI Type
ENFP
"sails set sweetly and the boat holding her course by herself in the gentle breeze, no land in sight and a full-sweep of stars in the clear night sky. I lay on my back, alone on my little boat, and feel truly free. That is for me life - a true understanding of my place in the world, and ability to determine by position on this planet by referencing the stars above and around me." Abuwabu

I SO wish I could feel that way about life.....I'd never come inside.

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm free whenever I can stop thinking and merely exist. My mind is a labyrinth. Entrapped but rewarding.

But when I can move beyond it and live spontaneously, I feel free.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I feel the most free when I am walking a long distance on a bike path near the water. I see the boats passing me and I watch the people sitting patiently with their fishing lines. I look at the sky and see that it is gray, white, and several shades of blue. I look at the rocks in the water and am fascinated by their shapes and colors. I pick up interestingly colored and shaped pebbles for my pebble collection. I observe the waterfowl diving straight down for food. I listen to the screams of the birds above me. A few deer run in front of me. Tiny snakes slither away so fast that I can only sense the movement. My head and heart are full of music. I sing my happiness. The joy at being this free builds up and I want to dance down the bike path.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think freedom lies in knowing/experiencing and accepting the truth. The truth of life and how things are and of yourself in relation to that. So that the true you is connected to the true reality and in harmony. Then there is no conflict so there is complete freedom. Not just intellectually but truly knowing/feeling who you are and being able to develop your potential no matter what is happening externally.

A

A window to the soul

What is it?
what's freedom to you..are you there ?

what would you need to achieve in order to feel spiritualy free....

(i dont mean moments when you feel free, i mean in general... as whole person)

Maybe if I achieved the following 3-goals...
  1. to find what feels 'real', is real (because it stands the test of time)
  2. to understand
  3. to be understood (where my feelings were protected at times when it matters most;i.e., when I'm overwhelmed)
...no, I'm not there.

monocycle

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Finding the right words.
No, I'm not there yet.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have always felt like freedom is understanding. Things will never go exactly the way we want them to go and there will always be times where we feel trapped and as if we have a lack of control. But you can regain that control. Once you understand why and how things came to be, it's very liberating.

I'm almost there. I need to figure out a few things, such as why they happened, why they are happening etc. I also need to work on how I see myself and become more comfortable with it. I understand that I am meant to look this way, I am meant to be this way and there isn't much wrong with that...but I'm not entirely comfortable with myself yet. Self acceptance is also freedom. To feel inferior and inadequate is like being a prisoner.

Memphis

I guess ridding myself of interdependence. I don't want to be responsible for any actions but my own. I don't want to be obligated towards people "just cause". I don't particularly enjoy the feeling of being needed, or depended upon. Unless it's something I chose for myself, by starting a family, for example.

That's freedom to me.
Not there, especially not during this season.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
do we actually have souls? wonder what its made of? what keeps it from dissipating when we die?(if we do have one)

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
Spiritual freedom to me is when I have the freedom to gain knowledge and decide for myself about what I believe and what my values are without others trying to smother me with theirs (that they "inherited" or "borrowed" from their parents and don't completely understand anyway).

Those moments when I realize that God is much bigger and complex than I like to think. I find comfort in that as well.

When I see how past hardships fit perfectly into the puzzle of my current life. Also, how those trials have shaped my character in a particular way and had the trials been slightly different or shorter or never happened at all, they would've had a completely different effect.

Seeing God in the details of my life. In other words, patterns I can see that are (I believe) more than coincidence. For example, finding out friends have had experiences so eerily similar to mine, it gives me chills.

Being held by a friend who truly loves me. Not by someone who feels sorry for me or is putting on an act because they feel obligated to make me feel better. But someone who genuinely wants me to feel how much they love me and and wants me to feel comforted. Feeling completely at peace in their tender embrace.

Realizing I am accepted by someone when I know that I am completely being myself around them. And then thinking, All this time, I could've been free from facades and found people like him/her a lot sooner...

Feeling the weakest I've ever felt and yet the strongest I've ever felt all at the same time during a difficult period in my life. Being at peace about it. Thinking, I'm at my breaking point. I have nothing left. And I'm a better person for it and I will get through this.

Knowing I don't have to be a prisioner of my fears, circumstances, or others' false perceptions/judgments of me.

ObliviousExistence

MBTI Type
loco
Enneagram
5W4
Freedom for me is a combination of financial freedom, freedom to live a life of my own choosing, freedom to make mistakes and freedom from social&cultural coercion (individual freedom)