• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: Ever Been In Jail?

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was watching a cop show and a thought crossed my mind, 'What would it be like for an NF in jail?'. So does anyone have any jail experiences they'd like to share as an NF?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I also have a question for NFs: Ever seen a grown man naked?

Usehername

On a mission
I know an ENFJ who was in jail for a month. H never talked about it except once or twice, where he said it was a terrifying place. One of my jackass ESTP coworkers made a joke about getting raped in jail and ENFJ (without any emotion) said he was told he was either going to be raped by one guy or the guy would bring a group. He didn't go into detail but I'm pretty sure he needs therapy.

breakfastsurreal

MBTI Type
xNFP
Never, thank God. Been in some situations in the past (mainly drug use/buying) that would warrant being in jail if I was caught though, and the anxiety and thought of going to jail terrifies me! Luckily my fear of jail and some other things have made me change my behavior for the better.

StephAnne04

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
I had to spend a day in jail but they didn't put me in general population. I was put in a room by myself with nothing but a mattress and a toliet. I had no clock. no phone. no book, NOTHING. I literally stared at the walls for that whole day. It was horrible.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Least common type in jail = NFs. Just a theory.

P

Phantonym

I've never been in jail. Don't plan on getting there either.

But NF's being in jail and what it would be like. Heh. Not pretty. Nobody likes to be in jail, you adapt to it.

I don't know. I'd think it really depends on how strong the person is mentally, despite the type. It can go either way. Some people tolerate things better while some give up in a heartbeat.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could be that NFs aren't that likely to end up in jail as they're usually willing to take great efforts when it comes to avoiding conflicts, including conflicts with the law.
In any case, I'd say that the lack of privacy in prison would probably make me go insane.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Man, a crowded cell is an Introvert's worst nightmare x__x

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Nope. Never. Got into a wreck once and had to ride in the police car - I never knew they were plastic back there. The cop actually asked me if I wanted the handcuffs for the "Full Effect".

I declined.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was in jail for 23 hours once, for an unpaid parking ticket. It was the worst 23 hours of my life. I cried a lot.

lol now that i look back at it, its really funny that I cried so much.

but people were mean to me. i hadn't eaten in like 16 hours, and they brought me this sandwich and this girl stole my sandwich and then made me give her my bra. I was soooo scared she was going to kill me.

LOL

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks to your name scantilyclad, I felt positively urged to answer Edgar's question.
So on a completely unrelated note ...

article-1103274-0287A47B00000578-9_468x434.jpg

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No. I hope that I don't ever have to. I do have a friend that I think is ENFJ, an especially clueless ENFJ, that spent several weeks in jail for contempt because the judge was a butt that had no patience for the clueless. She said it was pretty horrible and she cried a lot, too.

When I was in sixth grade they took my class on a tour of Juvie and when they explained the part where you were strip-searched and had to shower in front of a guard I knew then that I would never embark upon a life of crime.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When I was in sixth grade they took my class on a tour of Juvie and when they explained the part where you were strip-searched and had to shower in front of a guard I knew then that I would never embark upon a life of crime.

Yes the strip search was humiliating. They made me lift up my shirt and shake my bra, and they make you take your socks off and shake those and they take your shoestrings and your hair ties. Also, jail is freezing cold.

and they wouldn't give me toilet paper. :(

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. Never. Got into a wreck once and had to ride in the police car - I never knew they were plastic back there. The cop actually asked me if I wanted the handcuffs for the "Full Effect".

I declined.

Yeah they're plastic because if the criminals do anything back there (relieve themselves, throw up, whatever) they can just hose out the back. They usually have drains back there too.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope. Not once. Not to visit. Not for a field trip. And not for a crime.

I've often wondered if they really look like they are depicted in movies.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Least common type in jail = NFs. Just a theory.
are you kidding NFs are the type most likely to mass murder because the world doesn't live up to their ideals.

I've never been to jail plus I'm to pretty I'd be raped ∞ times approxiamtely

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My dads best friend is a cop and he let my sister and myself sit in the back of the patrol car with handcuffs as he drove around. We banged on the windows like crazed criminals. It was hilarious to watch the people who drove by in horror. :laugh:

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Because of:

I also have a question for NFs: Ever seen a grown man naked?

;)

On topic:
A couple of years ago, I was working at home that tried to integrate (or reintegrate) youths into society. I'd say most of them were SPs (from what I would tell), one or two SJs as well, and one NT/NF who turned out to be a really disgusting person. I got along with most of the guys really well. Most of them had been detained at some point in their lives, though for the most part it wasn't regular prison.
They had been largely arrested for really minor stuff they did repeatedly however, like fare dodging (yep, that's right, it can get you into prison), fraud, and often owning or selling drugs.