• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Emotional abuse and NFs

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Speaking for myself, it's important to name and define because if I can't, I just go around in circles wondering why I feel so miserable, why I feel so victimized, why my self-confidence is shot, why the ache in the pit of my stomach, what's wrong with me that I can't do better, etc etc. If someone can tell me, well, it's because you're suffering abuse, here is the definition of abuse, these are the specific behaviors you've been dealing with, then I have something to work with. It gets very mixed up in there because I don't want to see what I don't want to see in a loved one, and I'm very likely to take the blame upon myself for anything that goes wrong. If I can categorically pronounce it abuse, I can at least read about it and find a way to cope or a reason to get out. The defining gives me a rock to stand on.
Absolutely, wholeheartedly, agree and relate to this.