• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are you a SUCKER?

For NF's - Are you a SUCKER?

• Yes! And I hate it but don't know how to stop.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Yes! I pride myself on my compassion OR it doesn't bother me.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Yes! And at this point, I'm so used to it, I can live with it.

• No! And never have been.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No! And I wonder what's wrong with the rest of your NFs...

• No! Not anymore. I used to be but I took care of that.

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

paradox

MBTI Type
ENFP

First off --

Are you a sucker?
Do you get easily taken advantage of?
Are you a con artist's dream?
Do you easily fall for every sob story and tall tale you hear?
Are you a total push-over?
Do you attract needy or troubled people who leech you of energy and time and possibly money?
Is it very easy (compared to others you know) to get an emotional response or 'buy-in' from you?

1. Sometimes, it depends on the person
2. I have been conned before when I was younger, now I am much wiser and more discerning
3. No, not every one, I can actually be kind of a hard ass when it comes to sob stories
4. No, I embody the Crusader NF
5. Yes, because I am easy for them to talk to. but, they never get any money.
6. Hell yes, I will advocate for anyone who I feel has violated my ideal of how things ought to be.

ENFP's aren't weak. A lot of times we are argumentative and volatile. I am usually the first to speak up at work on unfair issues. I don't like conflict, but I will fight hard for my values and fight hard against perceptions of unfairness.

When the backlash comes though, I am all about making peace and "seeking higher ground" ;)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
ENFP's aren't weak. A lot of times we are argumentative and volatile. I am usually the first to speak up at work on unfair issues. I don't like conflict, but I will fight hard for my values and fight hard against perceptions of unfairness.

When the backlash comes though, I am all about making peace and "seeking higher ground" ;)

I am so glad to hear this!

I was beginning to wonder if perhaps I had mistyped myself.

Yes, I like this description 'argumentative and volatile' but you forgot to add 'and still loveable'

Hahaha.

I wonder how many other ENFPs on the forum would identify with this characterization?

It's interesting that you identify with the 'crusader' part of ENFP, which is ostensibly our archetype.

I'm a total sucker to be honest, I love kids and animals and I feel bad for people often and identify with the underdog. I know though when people are trying to manipulate me and if our goals are the same I let them think what they want. It puts me in a much better tactical position. :devil:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am so glad to hear this!

I was beginning to wonder if perhaps I had mistyped myself.

Yes, I like this description 'argumentative and volatile' but you forgot to add 'and still loveable'

Hahaha.

I wonder how many other ENFPs on the forum would identify with this characterization?

I identify with it!! :static:

I can be really argumentative especially if there is something involved in that I deeply believe in. There are not many things I believe in very strongly and deeply but if somebody violates those things, I can be quite assertive (and emotional about it). I usually also defend the bullied ones (even if I did not like them personally) and am first to say if I think that something is wrong in a group situation. :yes:

Another thing is when some NT gets to argumentation with me, I am not long lasting ---> meaning that I get bored with the situation and will probably say "whatever" and leave.

I forgot to answer the are you sucker question in my first comment to this thread. The answer is "hopefully not".

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
See, I find my reaction to things that I really disagree with is to become cold and disapproving. Not argumentative so much.

I guess I figure that, in most cases, either I don't really have a right to tell another person that they can or cannot do something, or no amount of arguing is really going to change a person's mind. I just make it clear that my perception of you as a person will be coloured if you keep doing that.

But then again, I'm struggling to remember what it is I believe really strongly in! :p

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ

This is very very true. I actually find it's the way my best friend & I clash AND relate. Haha.

ENFP's come off as weak because people who do not understand them usually just see their emotions or flighty-ness. More rational or logic based types tend to see them as too idealistic. I've argued that was not true on more than one occasion & it gives me great satisfaction when someone who has a negative "weak" opinion of my best friend gets her in alllll her argumentative glory. If anyone embodies the typical NF humanitarian quality, I'd certainly argue it's the ENFP who not only feels strongly about the cause, but will argue and act on their feelings involving the cause. My best friend ran blood drives on campus and collected old cell phones for domestic violence victims (amongst other things) in college. She feels so strongly against littering that she will stop complete strangers to ask them to pick up their trash. Don't underestimate the ENFP! :)

Eve

Do you get easily taken advantage of?

No

Are you a con artist's dream?

Hopefully not :)

Do you easily fall for every sob story and tall tale you hear?

No, the story has to be really moving to get such a strong reaction...

Are you a total push-over?

No, but I can't say that I wasn't a push-over a few times in my life. I didn't want to bother with the problem or labelled it as 'small stuff.' The other reason was to avoid the 'nagging.' Now, I try to take care of problems as they arise and not to be so dismissive. Also, I told the naggers to leave me alone. ;)

Do you attract needy or troubled people who leech you of energy and time and possibly money?

Usually no, but It happened once when I was 20 or 21. It was not a good time for me, so for some reason I got involved with someone that turned to be a disaster. In that particular situation I could say yes to all these questions.

Is it very easy (compared to others you know) to get an emotional response or 'buy-in' from you?[/size]

I tend to only give emotional responses when trust was already estabilished.

Last edited:

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
Hahaha, are you joking, or serious?
How are you a nightmare?

a bit late maybe...but if a Jehova's Witness rings at the door I actually let them in to argue about stuff, you know, to rationalize, until THEY get tired of it.

Same with salesmen. I like to think I'm not open to any form of suggestion, and still they try. I'm a born skeptic.
I'm also not at all materialistic, but interested in everything nonetheless. Which means I can be genuinely responsive and interested in a conversation with salespeople, eventhough I don't EVER have the intention of actually buying something.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
a bit late maybe...but if a Jehova's Witness rings at the door I actually let them in to argue about stuff, you know, to rationalize, until THEY get tired of it.

Same with salesmen. I like to think I'm not open to any form of suggestion, and still they try. I'm a born skeptic.
I'm also not at all materialistic, but interested in everything nonetheless. Which means I can be genuinely responsive and interested in a conversation with salespeople, eventhough I don't EVER have the intention of actually buying something.

My friend's mom is practicing Buddhist with a large shrine in the living room. She actually invited inside 2 Jehovah's who knocked on the door, sat them in the living room, and then proceeded to lecture them on Buddha and Buddhism. HAAHAHHAH. They politely excused themselves and left.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
My friend's mom is practicing Buddhist with a large shrine in the living room. She actually invited inside 2 Jehovah's who knocked on the door, sat them in the living room, and then proceeded to lecture them on Buddha and Buddhism. HAAHAHHAH. They politely excused themselves and left.

Hehe :D

If only they were teaching politeness instead of religion, maybe the effort would pay off.