• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Funny thing that's happened due to your personality???

Susenfp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm pretty unco. as well. Husband says thinks it's funny when I drop something or stumble on an obstruction free floor.
But being one who speaks first and thinks later, I once told a joke about disabled people to a disabled guy. I forgot he was disabled, we'd been talking for ages, luckily he thought it halarious. I turned beet red.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm pretty gullible and pretty 'out of it' most of the time which makes for some pretty funny encounters :cheese: and apparently one very good victim of pranks :steaming:
Actually, I don't really mind and laugh at myself on a regular basis:

Roommates, friends and siblings have taken it upon themselves to "cure" me of my innocence. :smile:

Some highlights:
1. A roommate dressing up as some weird version of Santa/God and scaring me out of my wits from my kitchen window
2. My being convinced that Mellow Yellow was in fact a homemade brew being served at this ultra-chic restaurant in NYC. T'is true!
3. The same roommate forwarding all calls from a particularly annoying telemarketer to my phone and me 'falling for it' and finding the need to be polite for a few minutes EVERY time this happened. I've learned since.
4. Several stories of pretty misplaced charity...people perfectly capable of helping themselves :rofl1:

These are just a few off of the top of my head, in the spirit of sharing, it being the holiday season and all...

G

Glycerine

In my honors class, my teacher was telling the class that he thinks the movie, Zombieland would be cool to see. I pipe in, "What's it about?" (I was thinking more on the lines of plot and such). In a dumbfounded tone, my teacher replies, "Zombies?". I tend to over-think things and I am a odd combination of spacey, ditzy, and sharp-witted.

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I tend to be late very often, so when I come on time, my friends stare at me like this :shock: and ask: "what the hell happened?!"

My friend and I arranged to meet at a certain time and I got confused, came an hour early and figured out my mistake only after I've waited for about 10 minutes and called her on the cell-phone to rant about her being late. My friend thought it was hilarious, I was embarassed. I'm pretty sure it happened twice. :doh:

I have plenty of such stories, so I'll get back here ;)

Silverwhisper

MBTI Type
INFP
People that don't know me well look disturbed when I suddenly, randomly, get a burst of energy and start acting like a child with sugar rush, then go back to sitting in the corner observing and/or daydreaming like nothing just happend.

Maybe I'm just crazy!

I can completely relate to this. Sometimes I even disturb myself when I'm alone and I have this sugar rush urge to turn on some phat beats and start doing what I call "monkey dancing".

Afterwards, I find myself on the couch, staring out the window and contemplating the great wonders of the universe.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People often ask if I take drugs. On a number of occassions my mother has asked me this. I wish people would realise that I don't need drugs to be bat-s**t crazy ;P

And everytime I meet someone new, they ask whether I am gay. I wouldn't mind but once I plucked up the courage to ask why people think this, and apparently it's because I'm weird. Since when do you have to be homosexual to be weird?

I'm seriously considering taking those drugs. I don't get people...

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I can completely relate to this. Sometimes I even disturb myself when I'm alone and I have this sugar rush urge to turn on some phat beats and start doing what I call "monkey dancing".

Afterwards, I find myself on the couch, staring out the window and contemplating the great wonders of the universe.

LMAO, let's be friends. :D That's so me.

- People often go all ":huh:" when I start talking about morbid things casually. Apparently INFP's are known to be attracted to the morbid/dark side, as well as the magical/fluffy side!:devil::smile:

- My boyfriend had another ":huh:" moment when I was saying how much I love the movie Happy Feet. And described to him how Mumble was unique, because he could dance so well, but nobody could appreciate him for his uniqueness at first, and only cared that he couldn't sing like other penguins. I was saying how it isn't fair, and getting a bit emotional about it, not caring that it's annimated, because it had a deeper meaning for me. Apparently getting into an emotional speech "about animated penguins" is probably weird to a lot of people.

- Being asked what's wrong allll the time!

- People constantly making jokes like, "God, you're so loud! Be quiet!" or "You talk a lot!", or just asking me why I'm so quoet, and I'm usually thinking to myself, "Well, if you actually had something interesting to say rather than what shade of eyeshadow you like the best, I'd probably talk to you, idiot. Until then I'm having a good time inside of my head, thanks." but instead I say "Oh, I'm just a quiet person. :)"

Lightyear

I constantly have to remind myself: "Don't get lost in thought. Focus on the present, focus on the present."

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Scoring this.

You scored 13% on Humanity-overall, higher than 0% of your peers..
You scored 16% on Humanity-hedonism, higher than 0% of your peers..
You scored 8% on Humanity-spirituality, higher than 0% of your peers..
You scored 16% on Humanity-romance, higher than 1% of your peers.

Hope you didn't want to be a romantic individual... but we couldn't let that happen, because your answers don't show enthusiasm for human nature and free will. Just settle down, and allow your consciousness to sink deeply into the hive mind. Every resistance is futile.

I am still not sure is this funny or sad. (to be honest)

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
:yes: I`m nodding to many of the mentioned quirks and LMAO.
People feel the need to ask me what`s wrong or why I`m sad, when I`m actually perfectly fine and just deep in thought. Or they tell me I look like I really don`t care about whoever they were talking about, when in fact the cold face and response are just an act. Inside is a totally different story than I show on the outside.

There`s also always some smartypants E-type show off person that approaches me at concerts and such only to tell me to not be so uptight and have fun.:rolli: I am enjoying myself, I`m totally immersed in the music which is a nice change for my normally over-occupied mind. So thank you, but don`t come again:bye:

There was one time, we were driving to the sea and a friend of mine kept telling me "look we can see the sea!". I feel for it like 10 times in a row. Even months later, when we were sitting in our usual cafe (nowhere even near the sea) she would suddenly say "look, the sea!" and I`d actually turn around and look:doh: Almost like a conditioned response of a well trained dog.

I`m not even gonna mention the several tripping over flat surface incidents or bumping into or over things. While by chance spilling drinks over myself.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I've crashed into hundreds of people in my 19 years of living.

I also ran full-speed into a screen door.

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've crashed into hundreds of people in my 19 years of living.

I also ran full-speed into a screen door.

Oh I totally did that too! :D In my defense, I was about 5 or 6 years old.

As for crashing into people I don't have that excuse, I still do that sometimes. The last time it happened was because I was laughing so hard and didn't pay much attention to my surroundings.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
At least you don't have my problem. People just think I'm being plain creepy.
Which I am. But that's not the point.
:devil:

lol i would rather that i think

i will never get a girlfriend (and i'm not even creepy :/)