• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF child running away from kindergarten?

Chloe

So, this NF girl, 5 year old, run away from kindergarten and talked her 2 friends to do so also, after some boy hit her friend. So 2 of them run away, 3rd one chickened out and stayed. When they asked her why she ran she said "she couldnt stand rules in kindergarten where boy can hit a girl without anyone reacting, what kind of justice is that".
Teachers in kindergarten got very scared when they noticed 2 kids are gone, but they were already far away. Both went home.
On the next day NF was forced to go back to kindergarten and apologize to teachers, and then while other kids were sleeping one of teachers beat her up. The one teacher that was working that day she ran away didnt do anything, and she was her favorite kid before that, NF was very attached to that teacher so i think she felt very guilty for making teacher worried.

Can you relate to her idealism? do you approve it? what would you tell her? how would you help her? um:blush:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
and then while other kids were sleeping one of teachers beat her up.

:shock: A teacher beat her up?

Can you relate to her idealism? do you approve it? what would you tell her? um:blush:

Yeah I can relate, and I thought it was an adorable situation right up until the teacher beat her bit.

I would try to explain the other ways she could find justice, like complaining (i know she is only 5 lol) whilst driving home the dangers of running off like that.

I do approve though, I think she sounds adorably feisty. :wubbie:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
My big bro abd I ran away from home at pre school age (admittedly it consiserd of us packing 2 jam sandwiches in a bread bag and wandering to the bottom of the garden)... he was insensed when we arrived back for lunch and my mum hadn't noticed we'd run away from home. He decided to run away because of something my mum had done (nothing major I can assure you)

Your girl getting beatten up for it is horrific. Give i grew up with my bro who was very idealistic (NF) , he used to challenge by oldest bro to fight for equality at aged 3 or 4 (eldest bro would be a 6 foot 20 year old), just because he was little didn't mean he wasn't equal.

Mind you he also used to scream at Tom and Jerry cartoons that they weren't possible.

As for your wee girl she does have a point, but it's really wrong what her teachers did, I'd personally report the teacher and let them swing. It's abuse plane and simple, and she ought to be encoruage to stand up for what she beleives in without endagnering herself or other people. And to an extend learn to how to influence authority, which is really learning about reporting structures

Sorry your wee girl had a horrible time

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I can deffinately relate to that sort of idealism.

But WTF, the teacher BEAT HER UP?

Chloe

thanks for answers guys.
yeah, she beat her up :/

well it was very long time ago and that lil girl was me, i just didnt wanna wrote it in first post to get more objective answers, or what

i can't really report a teacher now, can i :/

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
personally, I'd say yes you can, but depending on when you grew up and the severity it may not be worth it.

There are many people who were damaged by schools in the past but it was part of living through those times.

Sorry you had such a horrible experience and good to see it didn't dull your idealisim

Chloe

it was 18 years ago, well, i wouldnt bother now reporting, though i know she still works. anyway i forgot it but thought about it recently... and what i was forced to believe is only acting out, and "not behaving", now seems like normal NF idealism...i mean, i was always that rebelious...

thanks btw

MBTI Type
INTP
thanks for answers guys.
yeah, she beat her up :/

well it was very long time ago and that lil girl was me, i just didnt wanna wrote it in first post to get more objective answers, or what

i can't really report a teacher now, can i :/

It wouldn't make any difference anyway. Did the beating alter your tendencies towards proactive opposition? Would reporting the teacher have spared you from the wrath proactively-oppositional natures tend to provoke?

Chloe

well i dont think that particular day so much influenced me, but i guess all together, like many Ns, I grew up without much support for my true self, and I was always very rebelious, and I stayed that way when I care, but I think I care less about many things because I wasnt encouraged in my views.

MBTI Type
INTP
Less about actively opposing things, you mean? I can understand that. As I grow older, it seems quicker to just go around obstructions in my path. I guess it could be called "Loosing the will to give a shit." Don't know if it's good or bad...don't care much what the rest of the planet is going to do. I only know that the more I'm forced to participate, the less endurance I have between common sense and the urge to say "Fuck off''.

In fourth grade I unwittingly discovered that passive rebellion can be far more effective (and far less painful!) than direct confrontation.

At my school, every morning students and staff would assemble in the central playground to recite the pledge of allegiance and sing...the title escapes me...'bombs bursting in air' was one of the lines.

For reasons that are difficult to explain, I could not bring myself to join in this flag-worshiping ritual. The idea of putting my hand on my heart and reciting these words made me feel embarrassed...stupid even. Even standing there watching made me feel foolish and awkward. See, somewhere or other (probably TV) I'd come to associate the flag with nuclear war. Understand, this was back in 1979, when Russians were called Soviets (among other things) and massive ICBM first strikes from them were a matter of 'when', not 'if'. I realize now what a troubled child I was, but at the time all I knew was laying awake at night in fear, imagining what the incoming missiles were going to sound like.

Anyway, I couldn't join the ritual, so I opted to stand quietly while the pledge and song commenced. Eventually a friend noticed and asked why I wasn't participating. Regrettably, I did NOT tell him about my ICBM nightmares, but instead used a BS excuse approximating "Because it's stupid."

The next thing I know, a quarter of the school is standing in silence during the morning pledge. Sure enough, these kids were questioned and their actions deservedly dumped into my lap. So now I'm in the principal's office being asked to explain my actions. I tend to doubt that at age 9 I had the awareness to articulate a truthful response...not that I would have admitted to the principal, my mom, or anybody that I was scared of being nuked...

But it was obvious to me that the principal was extremely upset. I wasn't sure why, since I hadn't done anything terrible and was in fact doing nothing at all but standing quietly.

So I said what any other dyed in the wool conscious objector would have said..."Because I don't believe in it." Technically it wasn't a lie, and if I'd known the reaction it was going to provoke, I'd have lied instead....

But I didn't understand the intertwined political and religious aspects. My family's lack of concern for those issues left me in the dark. I now believe the principal had been expecting me to say it...whatever. When I told him what he wanted to hear, he became very upset and briefly yelled some things at me that I now wish I could recall. I never heard the words, because I didn't see them coming at me so loudly. I only recall being shouted at. Then he left me alone in his office for some time. Eventually he returned and informed me that I was suspended and my mother was on her way to pick me up.

At the time, I had no idea that I had a legal right to decline participation. However, both my mother and the principal did. Apparently this, my mother later explained, was why he became so angry. I'm actually thankful to him for expressing his outrage...without it I'd have never become so determined to successfully oppose the next fucker who tried to ram those words or any others down my throat.

The official charge: Causing a major disruption to the education process with intent. Verdict: Guilty as charged. Appeal: None. Sentence: One week suspension...recommendation for expulsion (never pursued). Time served.

Ironic, how this rebellious stripe was seared upon me by fear I could never admit to. I believe there are things that exceed predisposed personality traits...nurture over nature. This is one such case...it convinced me to question everything, especially what lies behind seemingly innocuous acts...like pledging allegiances to squares of dyed fabric.

sweavo

MBTI Type
INFP
I ran away from school a whole lot when I was small. Nearly always over an issue of injustice. I was going to say "I think the girl needs someone to listen to her complaint and to have her feelings validated then needs support in finding a way to make peace with the fact the world is not always fair".

but then I read that that girl was you!

So I will say it straight to you: I totally sympathise with you running away and it's not fair that you had to apologize. I hope you have come to terms with the world and its failings when it comes to justice! I still battle with that one.

I have come to the point of understanding that the world doesn't actually function on principles, it functions on pragmatics. Now as well as thinking of what an action means I try to also think of what effect it will have in the world, and make sure that the effect is not harmful to me or my causes. Maybe your little girl self would have benefitted from a philosophical discussion on that, e.g. "You're quite right that that was not fair. I can see that you wanted to get away from that place. Can you see what happened because you ran away? It didn't help you did it? how about next time you feel that way, remember what happened and you can tell me all about it later. Then you can stay at school and you don't have to get in trouble".

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
When I was younger they tried to segregate my best friend and I because she had blue eyes, so all blue-eyed children weren't going to get snacks, or recess, etc. Tomorrow they were going to switch to us brown/green-eyed' kids, but since I didn't know this was all a moral lesson in segregation being wrong, I ended up crying and going nuts because I thought everyone was being mean to all the blue-eyed' kids for no good reason.