• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] personality type and handedness

littledarling

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm just curious as to how many NF's out there are left handed. Wondering if there's any correlation between personality type and handedness.
I'm left handed and I know 3 other INFJ's who are as well, along with an INFP I know.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a righty, but a I know an INFJ lefty who changes the mouse settings around and occasionally forgets to change them back on the main computer at work.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bizarre all the left-handers; seems kind of a ridiculous correlation to make, although I'm not educated on right/left hand theory (ha!) so wouldn't know what any real-world, documented correlations might be. Would be more interesting to see if the same stats were revealed in the SP, SJ, and NT forums, or maybe amongst Enneagrams. (I'll give a left-hand vote for my INTP brother and INTJ friend though! ;))

I'm right-handed.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTJ, sort of ambidextrous.
It's more that I do things with different hands depending on how I was taught or felt like doing it.
Some things I can do with both hands, or gain different benefits from switching.
Usually I have a tendency to do things left-handed if nobody teaches me how to do something.
I write my awful little scribbles with my right hand, though. Mostly because I was taught to use my right hand, I presume.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm absurdly left-handed.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Left-handed, but I can only do certain things with my right only.

istina

MBTI Type
INFJ
<--- right-handed.

I do have an ENTJ friend that is left-handed, FWIW.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I'm right-handed, but my INFP aunt is left-handed, and so is one ENFP friend. I doubt this has anything to do with type, though.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Originally left handed and sister made me right handed, now kinda fucked up ambidextrous (or neither handed). INTP

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Left handed INTP. I throw a frizbee with my right hand.

I'm also right footed.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hm Lefty. ENFJ
One of my favorite moments was going to an art course for a week and being surrounded by left-handed people. It's interesting what pertains and would be good to get a better statistic on this.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm right handed but do left-handed cartwheels, and when I do that exercise where you fold your hands my left thumb always comes out on top ... one of my high school science teachers said that was a sign of handedness. Hmmm...ENFP.