• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's in Love with the World

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i mean sheesh. If im walking by and yeah, be like "R u okay?". if im driving by, probably not.

people don't really scream in LA about anything. So yeah i guess in that situation i'd probably see whats up.

i mean, i remember the other day, i saw this dood fall off his bike, it looked funny as heck, i just said " Ay, you alright man?" as i drove by haha. he looked embarassed.

jeez what happened to you? u said something happened to u in la...

I'm choosing not to respond to your last question because it's complex and not something I want to put on the threads.

When I lived in Vegas my boyfriend at the time saw a cyclist lose a leg because of an accident. He's lived in Vegas since he was 7 and still feeds homeless people.

I just don't think accidents are funny. I lived in Vegas for six years, so it's not like I only briefly lived in the city.

Yeah people in cars in cities are real assholes. Often they don't even give a shit if they hit a pedestrian.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
lolz jeez.

the few times i came close to hitting a pedestrian, i straight up say sorry and wave my hand and look apologetic. unless he looks G, then we might just kinda stare down, haha. jk

there used to be a lot of freeway shootings from pissed off drivers when i was younger growing up in la. i don't wanna piss off the wrong person... haha

thats crazy. how did u know the cyclist? did u stop and get to know them? wow thats pretty cool what u did

my cousin, one time fought off 8 doods trying to rape a random girl. he was in the newspapers and everything, got all famous from that. i mean, yeah, that was pretty cool.

littledarling

MBTI Type
INFJ
Waffle I'm sorry to hear that nobody helped you. It's a terrible feeling to be completely ignored while in the midst of trouble.
I have two very dear friends who are also ENFP's and it has been made clear to me that they're view of the world is delightfully innocent. They both came from very loving, wholesome homes where, like you, they were taught to help and care for the sick, injured and orphaned. Something I found interesting about your misadventure was how strongly you reacted to the woman's disinterest in helping you. When my best friend and I were in Highschool a very close friend of ours was profoundly hurt by a strange man. While we were both shocked and torn apart by the news, it was the first time my best friend saw the world as a cruel place and she mentioned feeling as though her innocence had been lost. She felt wary and critical of the world for a while after, and even now, years later, though she is still a bright and enchanting ENFP with lovely things to say about pretty much everyone, she now is a bit more of a realist when viewing the world. I also think it has made her much more empathetic towards others. I'm not sure if this in a common theme in other ENFP's, but with the two that I know well, they both seem to forget that not everyone had a happy childhood, not everyone was blessed with good genes. Possibly part of their innocence.
The way I see it, people are broken. All of us have been hurt and wounded in our own ways. Some more than others. And there are many people out there who are so terribly broken that they are incapable of helping anyone, least of all themselves.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^ Insightful point especially regarding the capacity or lack of it for having this world view.

I would add though that there has been a similar assumption at the other end. It is expressed as -- you ENFPS can afford to have an idealistic view of the world because of having a relatively happy, warm childhood and little pain. The underlying assumption there is that we who have this view haven't experienced real unhappiness/sorrow/pain. That seems unfair too. One of the people I know who holds this view has survived a horrific life event (ethnic cleansing), lost everything including his home, been a refugee in a foreign country, separated from loved ones...he has every right to be skeptical of human intentions and yet he is not. That's inspiring.

I think this is ultimately a difference in world view along with varying life experiences. Taking the moral high ground on either end is strange, right? We ENFPS are no better or more compassionate because we have an idealistic view of the world - we're human, it's our survival mechanism. I accept that and that it is sometimes delusional :smile:

Similarly, why is someone who is more skeptical necessarily more aware or has more insight into the world? We've all had both types of experiences, haven't we?

Whatever our world view, idealistic or skeptical, the question is do we have compassion for our fellow humans?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My childhood was far from perfect, so I'm not in on this "all young ENFPs are naiive because they had a idyllic childhood" theory. :nono:

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
I love ENFPs, they’re so loveable aren’t they? I wanna hug an ENFP, don’t you? Screw all the other types, they’re all assholes.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love ENFPs, they’re so loveable aren’t they? I wanna hug an ENFP, don’t you? Screw all the other types, they’re all assholes.

What's your type? I'm going to guess you're an NT of some flavor.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
When growing up I had quite the troublesome childhood with divorced parents who neither could hardly look after me and my sister. It was tough growing up and life still is tough. I used to have an innocent outlook on life and the world when I was younger but it died roughly about the time my "childhood" did, probably around the age of 15.

In general, people annoy me. Yeah I like meeting new people and other things like that but I much rather prefer sticking to my close set of friends.

As for helping people, I would help someone who had an accident right in front of me if they looked like they either one needed help, two asked for help, or three did not already have help. At the same time though growing up living where ive lived if a random guy came up to me at a parking lot and asked for help with a tire or something. Id become extremely aware of one of the knives in my boots and give him the number of a local wrecker. Depending on the circumstances and the level of threat to myself will determine rather ill help someone.

In the end, Ill help someone who I know genuinely needs help and their not just lazy or if their my friends. But when it all comes down to it ive got to look out for number one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What’s with the puss? You’re the one who calls me “the troller.” I’m just trying to live up to your expectations.

I see. :coffee:

You're a very bored ENTP. Or you could be an INTJ. One of the two.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
I see. :coffee:

You're a very bored ENTP. Or you could be an INTJ. One of the two.

Here’s the deal. I’m almost positive it was you who said something about dressing up as Wonder Woman in a post (I think it was on one of the dating threads but i'm too lazy to try to find it). Let me see you in that Wonder Woman outfit, and I’ll tell you my type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here’s the deal. I’m almost positive it was you who said something about dressing up as Wonder Woman in a post (I think it was on one of the dating threads but i'm too lazy to try to find it). Let me see you in that Wonder Woman outfit, and I’ll tell you my type.

:wacko:

No, my friend, I'm afraid that wasn't me.

Shouldn't you be somewhere giving Jennifer a foot massage?

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
:wacko:

No, my friend, I'm afraid that wasn't me.

Shouldn't you be somewhere giving Jennifer a foot massage?

No, she wants a back massage now, and God knows what else.

But I'm going to find that WW post, my dear, and then you'll have no choice.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, she wants a back massage now, and God knows what else.

But I'm going to find that post, my dear, and then you'll have no choice.

I'd be frightened, except.

That post does not exist.

:bye:

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
For me, in the broad sense of the world, no. There's way too much wrong. As for the part of the world I'm in contact with at any given moment, then generally yes. I see a lot of possibilities all around me so I leave myself open to those possibilities. There are many good opportunities for the taking.

littledarling

MBTI Type
INFJ
My childhood was far from perfect, so I'm not in on this "all young ENFPs are naiive because they had a idyllic childhood" theory. :nono:

My intention was not to generalize and I apologize if you were offended.I did however, mention both genetics and childhood. Yes, all of the ENFP's I know personally were raised in loving homes, but I don't doubt for a second that there are many who were not. What then is the cause for the rose-colored view of the world characteristic of many ENFP's? In the case of an adult ENFP who was either abused, neglected, or just not loved properly as a child I would lean towards the position that, amazingly, nature won out over nurture. I don't think that ENFP's are all naive, but a fair amount of them are. And those who are not, surprisingly, are able to continue in the world as if they were. Which is one of the many things I see as most endearing about this personality.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I definitely didn't have an "easy" homelife, but it wasn't awful either.

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
events like that really shake up the world for you
they shake your very foundations
you have to remember
not everyone is as caring an optomistic as you are
you're going to have to learn to accept that you're different/better
accept people and still ook for the positive