• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What's wrong with the ENFP?

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's probably been discussed before, but it seems like there is quite a lot of bias against the ENFP. The few complaints I've heard are that we're too childish and more melodramatic than any other NF (Which I have to disagree with. I knew an INFP who outdid me by miles). Do you believe any personality type is better than another?

EDIT: Alright, so I guess I didn't make this clear (I do tend to not make sense a lot of the time :doh:) but I was wondering if you've had any negative experiences with the ENFP and what made you mad at them. Personal growth pages can only tell you so much. I'd love to hear your real life experience stories.

Being an ENFP, I have had my share. I find my fellow ENFPs to often be overexcited about everything and anything, and tend to run my energy levels in to the ground.

Last edited:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Furthermore: People seem to think that ENFPs are stereotypically bubble, extremely exuberant, and radiant of their emotions and giddiness.

Ok, that's like saying that every INTP is a mad scientist who sits in a lab.

STOP THE JUDGMENT!

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Agreed! I'm a friendly and generally optimistic person, but I love being left alone (I'm a homebody) and I don't usually have huge emotional outbursts. I'll show if I'm happy, but I'm not going to flood the room with every emotion on my mind.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey, it's no big deal. It's hard not to deal with type stereotypes on the Internet since we don't know each other personally. If we knew each other in person we'd know how we were like our type and also what makes us different than other ENFP's.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
see you've just noticed the recent bias against ENFP because you're a n00b. However, if you stick around for a while, you'll notice cyclical hate expressed toward all of the types. INFPs are pathetic, ESFJs are bitches, ENTPs are sociopathic, ESTJs are evil incarnate...

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
see you've just noticed the recent bias against ENFP because you're a n00b. However, if you stick around for a while, you'll notice cyclical hate expressed toward all of the types. INFPs are pathetic, ESFJs are bitches, ENTPs are sociopathic, ESTJs are evil incarnate...

... and ENFJ's are emotional dictators. Let's not leave Pink out. :steam:

Personally, I like being an ENFP, and I consider myself to be emotionally and socially responsible, so if someone doesn't like me for arbitrary reasons, then they can hit the bricks.

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
No, it's not just here. I used to be "friends" with other people in to the whole personality type thing. They said that their personalities were superior and better and the ENFPs were nothing but a bunch of ditsy airheads. I gladly beg to differ.

G

Glycerine

ENFPs seemed to be the most loved type on here. People tend to hyperfocus on their types... I seriously haven't seen much ENFP hate. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, it's not just here. I used to be "friends" with other people in to the whole personality type thing. They said that their personalities were superior and better and the ENFPs were nothing but a bunch of ditsy airheads. I gladly beg to differ.

Hmmm...are you friends with lots of NTs?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Furthermore: People seem to think that ENFPs are stereotypically bubble, extremely exuberant, and radiant of their emotions and giddiness.

I think the line people need for this is:
"Quick to enthusiasm, slow to excitement."

People seem to get the whole inspiring thing mixed up. Some Fe types are very good at inspiring with excitement and a display of emotions. They make noise, complement and it becomes exciting. We just get interested, maybe talk quicker, and have lots to say on the subject. It's more like just signalling, "If you are doing that, I like it, I'm interested, or I'm in!".

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
ENFPs seemed to be the most loved type on here. People tend to hyperfocus on their types... I seriously haven't seen much ENFP hate. :D

I agree. This and on a couple of other forums I have seen that almost all people like ENFPs. They are an extremely well liked type compared to others. (In general)

People will always stereotype. You just have to learn to filter that out.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Yeah, I used to have issues with that. Just make sure you don't believe it, and it will cease to bother you. ...to be honest, these days I look down on people who think like that. Especially self-important T's. They appear stupid and illogical.

ENFPs are outstanding. I'm a big fan. :D

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
let's not forget how ENTJs are the most evil people on the planet :devil:

I've known at least one ENFP for sure, and yeah, she met all the stereotypes, but that seems to be a personal development thing, not so much a temperment thing. She was immature, ditsy, bad with money, and had the eating habits of a child left home aloe with no adult to monitor her, but as far as I could tell, nothing more had ever been expected or demanded of her since early childhood so she never grew beyond that.

Temperment is a template, not a mold, and there's more to a person than four letters.

Ungw�liante

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
She was immature, ditsy, bad with money, and had the eating habits of a child left home aloe with no adult to monitor her, but as far as I could tell, nothing more had ever been expected or demanded of her since early childhood so she never grew beyond that.

How on earth is eating controlled, periodic meals any sign of maturity ?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Ok, that's like saying that every INTP is a mad scientist who sits in a lab.

STOP THE JUDGMENT!

Shit no. I'm ESTJ and more bubbly than any ENFP on here.

...And if anyone says it's because I'm ENFP, or I will seriously kick his/her ass.

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hah. Again, these were people who took personality typing way too seriously. I enjoy all personality types... OK, that's a lie. Those ISFJs don't know how to have fun! D:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Shit no. I'm ESTJ and more bubbly than any ENFP on here.

...And if anyone says it's because I'm ENFP, or I will seriously kick his/her ass.

L.L. is an ENFPENFPENFPENFP.... :party::banana::banana::bananallama::bananallama: :moonwalk::moonwalk::moonwalk::woot::woot: :banana2: :banana2: :moonwalk::moonwalk::banana:

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
How on earth is eating controlled, periodic meals any sign of maturity ?

I have no idea. Actually my parents are convinced I run on sugar, and I don't tend to ever move out of the healthy body weight range. Thsi doesn't mean that's all I eat though... I just like copious amounts of it. I actually disagree with the idea that eating habits and personality types correlate. I think it's just a coincidence.