• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Hate an ENFJ? Tell us why!

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
enfj's neurotic predispositions. if there is in fact particular forms of neurosis more likely to be found amongst the type. and if so, what are they? I am in fact wary of my own instability. that said, I am curious what other enfj's experience with this is.

ENFJs I have yet to conclude a strong correlation between the type and neurosis. INTJs however, draw a strong connection to Autism, Aspergers, and, Schizotypal disorder.

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
ENFJs I have yet to conclude a strong correlation between the type and neurosis. INTJs however, draw a strong connection to Autism, Aspergers, and, Schizotypal disorder.
I read somewhere that ENFJ is most closely associated with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

MerkW

Both examples sound like ESFJs to me, Merkw.

I've never been a cheerful person, nor have any other ENFJs I've ever met. We're the doom squad of the Fe world, not the sunshine.

And I don't do "stoic".

Eruptions?

Oh yes.

Hm. My mother is definitely not an ESFJ. ENFJ is my first choice, and ENFP is my second. True, the other person could be an ESFJ, but based off my observations, ENFJ seems more likely.

MerkW

Specimen?? It sounds like you were stalking her in a petri dish or something. Sometimes I just love the wording that INTJs use when describing people, places or things. You're all so interesting...in a good way. :cool:

Indeed, indeed. I have a tendency of comparing people to unimportant sub-human things.

Once during the beginning of 9th grade, my father asked me whether I had made any friends at school, to which I replied "Does one usually befriend pawns on a chessboard?"

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed, ENFJs have an amazing ability to help humanity, if their cause is devoted to logic, rather than their own moral devotion.

This is fallacious.

Look at the order of functions. Fe>Ni>Se>Ti.

Fe is dominant. Logic, the weakest leg on the table. We err when forced into objective reasoning divorced from the human component. You show little competent understanding of the theory behind the cognitive processes if you assert standard logic to be the savior of an Fe dominant type.

INTJ - Ni>Te>Fi>Se

Logic isn't your dominant function either.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Indeed, indeed. I have a tendency of comparing people to unimportant sub-human things.

Once during the beginning of 9th grade, my father asked me whether I had made any friends at school, to which I replied "Does one usually befriend pawns on a chessboard?"

And you questioned your INTJ-ness, Merkw? You sound like my best friend. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
a good ENFJ is awesome! They're a loyal friend who can be quirky and funny and make you feel great about yourself! A good ENFJ is absolutely WONDERFUL- they're caring and FUN! :yay:

an ENFJ gone bad is a different story :dry: they use thier powers of charisma and influence for evil and manage to crush every bit of self worth out of you- as though you are the wine grape and they are the foot that's squashing you into oblivion! :cry: NO ONE can make a person feel more worthless than a bad ENFJ! :boohoo:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know! :( I've got that guy earmarked for My Mighty Smiting Pimp-Slap Hand of Justice.

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
False. The listing was Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder. OCD and OCPD are VERY different.
Yes, I meant to type in OCPD....however.....if you read the definition....it seems like OCPD does not fit with ENFJ. :shock:

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
a good ENFJ is awesome! They're a loyal friend who can be quirky and funny and make you feel great about yourself! A good ENFJ is absolutely WONDERFUL- they're caring and FUN! :yay:

an ENFJ gone bad is a different story :dry: they use thier powers of charisma and influence for evil and manage to crush every bit of self worth out of you- as though you are the wine grape and they are the foot that's squashing you into oblivion! :cry: NO ONE can make a person feel more worthless than a bad ENFJ! :boohoo:
I agree! I have an awesome friend who is ENFJ (although I think she is also a fence rider like me....she can be ENTJ at times)...who is very caring, fun...and very charismatic. She is HIGHLY evolved...and quit her "real" job with an attorney...to volunteer with me as a political fundraiser...and has worked her way up to a paid position with one of the political parties. She has dedicated her life to helping others...one would think she was an INFJ except the woman is SO "E" and a man magnet as well.

heart

heart on fire

I knew one of those once myself. :cry: :hug:

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
This is fallacious.

Look at the order of functions. Fe>Ni>Se>Ti.

Fe is dominant. Logic, the weakest leg on the table. We err when forced into objective reasoning divorced from the human component. You show little competent understanding of the theory behind the cognitive processes if you assert standard logic to be the savior of an Fe dominant type.

INTJ - Ni>Te>Fi>Se

Logic isn't your dominant function either.
I agree, but even if logic WERE his dominant function...causes are usually based on morals and/or emotions...good or bad and rarely on logic. People are humans....whether they are ENFJ, ENTJ, INTJ...or 123J. We aren't robots...so even the most logical of people support causes based on morals and/or emotion. By God if we based causes on logic...women would started ruling the world long ago since they do almost everything else. Men have been in charge for oh....a few thousand years....and look where we are. :shock:

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I agree, but even if logic WERE his dominant function...causes are usually based on morals and/or emotions...good or bad and rarely on logic. People are humans....whether they are ENFJ, ENTJ, INTJ...or 123J. We aren't robots...so even the most logical of people support causes based on morals and/or emotion. By God if we based causes on logic...women would started ruling the world long ago since they do almost everything else. Men have been in charge for oh....a few thousand years....and look where we are. :shock:

Logic and typology talk aside, I am interested as to how you reached this conclusion. Care to explain?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree, but even if logic WERE his dominant function...causes are usually based on morals and/or emotions...good or bad and rarely on logic. People are humans....whether they are ENFJ, ENTJ, INTJ...or 123J. We aren't robots...so even the most logical of people support causes based on morals and/or emotion.
True. Even we don't set our goals by using logic (although INTPs might, who knows).

armstrongvk12 said:
By God if we based causes on logic...women would started ruling the world long ago since they do almost everything else. Men have been in charge for oh....a few thousand years....and look where we are. :shock:

:rofl1:

like anyone believes that...:devil:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I'm actually pretty sure "Batshit Crazy" is pretty much a type by itself...

Hahaha, exactly!

This is what I'm always trying to say when people talk about some crazy ex or person with debilitating mental/emotional disorders and attribute it to type. "Dysfunctional" is *not* an MBTI type.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I'm trying to split this thread, but I'm not sure how. Why don't y'all help me out and stop derailing it?

Posts about Women in Leadership moved here

Thanks! :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree, but even if logic WERE his dominant function...causes are usually based on morals and/or emotions...good or bad and rarely on logic. People are humans....whether they are ENFJ, ENTJ, INTJ...or 123J. We aren't robots...so even the most logical of people support causes based on morals and/or emotion.

You make a compelling argument, Armstrong! One that I would readily assent to -- outside this thread.

However! Metal seems to be insisting that not only is his logic in full control of his cognition at all times, even when under the duress imposed by an Evil Soul-Snatching ENFJ ;) but also that his emotions play no role in his decision making. His overarching implication is that feelings are inferior in the light of logic and the Fe dominants are to steer away from what is essentially what they are. Fe dominant. If ENFJs became more like him, we'd be "better people".

There lies the fallacy. We'd become logic-tainted Fe dominants who would be more inclined to manipulate because we would be disenfranchised from our locus of power. His intuition about an ENFJ's motivation seems shoddy at best.

Pardon my puzzled shrug at his stack of swiss cheese. :huh: