• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF Comedians

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I was watching a filler show last night about comedians and noticed a few ENFPs among the greats.

So who are the notable NF comedians?

I'll start the list with the two definites I remember from last night.

Andy Kaufman - ENFP
Robin Williams - ENFP

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I firmly think Eddie Izzard is ENFP. In interviews he comes off as idealistic and diplomatic in the way he expresses his opinions. Definitely Ne-dom also.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I really don't want to imagine Williams being an NF. I find him incredibly annoying and I don't see that idealism in him. Kaufman, meanwhile, quite endearing.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really don't want to imagine Williams being an NF. I find him incredibly annoying and I don't see that idealism in him. Kaufman, meanwhile, quite endearing.

Really? I know he's acting, but when I think of him I think of his roles in movies like Mrs. Doubtfire, Patch Adams, Jumanji, Good Morning Vietnam, and Good Will Hunting.

I think a lot of actors would have a harder time playing these types of roles. He's wild and crazy, but I think he gives off a pretty empathetic, compassionate vibe - with that almost childlike humor of his.

I could see maybe ENTP, but I'm more inclined to go with ENFP. I definitely think he's Ne dominant.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I see a warm, emotionally intuitive soul in Robin Williams. Just saying. I could easily see him as ENFP.

I agree about Eddie Izzard. :heart:

Fecal McAngry

I was watching a filler show last night about comedians and noticed a few ENFPs among the greats.

So who are the notable NF comedians?

I'll start the list with the two definites I remember from last night.

Andy Kaufman - ENFP
Robin Williams - ENFP
MANY ENFPs! ENFPs are THE comedic NF type.

George Carlin - ENFP
Tracey Ullman - ENFP
The late, great Gildna Radner - ENFP (Gene Wilder is an INFJ, btw)
Eddie Murphy - ENFP
Sasha Baron Cohen - ENFP
Russell Brand - ENFP
Dana Carvey - ENFP
Mike Myers - ENFP
The late, great Bill Hicks - ENFP (and a fave): YouTube - Bill Hicks - JFK
And so on...

Of course there are many others...Phil Hartman was an ENFJ and an amazing talent: YouTube - Phil Hartman, Alcatraz Tour Guide

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

George Carlin - ENFP
Tracey Ullman - ENFP
Eddie Murphy - ENFP
Sasha Baron Cohen - ENFP
Russell Brand - ENFP
Dana Carvey - ENFP
Mike Myers - ENFP
The late, great Bill Hicks - ENFP (and a fave):

Yeah, I don't know enough about some of those, but I don't buy it for Carlin, Murphy, Myers or Hicks. And probably not Cohen either.

Also, I disagree with noigmn about Andy Kaufman.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
bill cosby, gilda radner, eddie murphy, enfp?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doesn't anybody know any INFP around, or at least an INF_?
I know that entertainment isn't exactly made for introverts - but there has to be at least someone. Maybe a comedic writer?

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Doesn't anybody know any INFP around, or at least an INF_?
I know that entertainment isn't exactly made for introverts - but there has to be at least someone. Maybe a comedic writer?

nope

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

George Carlin - ENFP
Tracey Ullman - ENFP
Eddie Murphy - ENFP
Sasha Baron Cohen - ENFP
Russell Brand - ENFP
Dana Carvey - ENFP
Mike Myers - ENFP
The late, great Bill Hicks - ENFP (and a fave): YouTube - Bill Hicks - JFK
And so on...

Of course there are many others...Phil Hartman was an ENFJ and an amazing talent: YouTube - Phil Hartman, Alcatraz Tour Guide

close, but Carlin was a bonerfied ENTP.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
George Carlin - ENFP

Carlin was probably ENTP.

Edit: Adamros beat me to it. Cuz I looked it up before hitting 'post reply'. For what it's worth, Carlin is listed on ENTP pages here and here. And probably other ENTP pages as well.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
andy kaufman may be (rip?) inf type. he wasn't very funny by my funny bone. michael j fox could very well be an introverted type, he was chuckle me funny and selfconcsious more than what i would think enfp to be. i'm sort of new to personality typing so forgive my errors. just reflecting.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
cheech and chong, Thinking types more than feeling

Chloe

andy kaufman was ENFP, he couldnt be anything else. though he could be INFP also?!