• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF Comedians

Fecal McAngry

Robin Williams, Martin Short, Carol Burnett....just a few ENFP comedians that are mentioned most often. They seem to be able to detach just fine and aren't all feminists, running around supporting causes but with poor humor. :rofl1:

ENFP Profile
Not familiar with CB, but the other two are certainly ENFPs.

Fecal McAngry

George Carlin is ENTP personified! I should think Russell Brand is, too. ENTPs tend to be more analytical and insensitive, and less forgiving or sympathetic than ENFPs.

Sasha Baron Cohen strikes me as an INTP
Wrong on all three typings, please pay attention to the actual attitudes of the functions if you are unsure.

Fecal McAngry

Yeah, hate to say it, but ENFP is probably the least likely to be a successful comedian.

ENFPs are by far the most overrepresented MBTI type among successful comedians, both in standup and shows like SNL. Even more so among improv groups.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
During that interview he's sliding in and out of character a little.

I think Extrovert because he seems quite talkative and initiating in groups, for example in the Paley Centre convention that's on Youtube. Also, most tellingly to me, his interaction with the audience before each recording is reportedly highly energetic and spontaneous. It sounds like he feeds off the audience, and all kinds of audiences far more than an Introvert would. During one Conan interview which I'll try to find again now, he began dancing and singing around the stage, getting the audience to join in, and in another he crowd-surfed during the commercial break. This despite the fact that he's working with groups of people all day (writers, editors etcetera). It seems there's really no room for time alone in his work schedule on the show and I'm not sure how an Introvert would thrive while keeping that up continuously, as he seems to from behind the scenes footage.

I think Feeling because he seems very emotionally expressive and comfortable talking about feelings (see how easily sincere "I love [someone]" slides off his tongue twice in the interview I linked to). He's also quite religious and the way he discusses this is quite Feeling oriented: he talks about being 'moved' etc., not about finding alleged fulfilled Biblical prophecies or accuracies, or reasoning that there must be a Creator, as Ts would tend to. Look at this for example from 2007:

The minute I went to college, I didn't believe in God. The minute I had an opportunity to sort of be out from under the constant exposure to my faith, I accepted the opportunity to not believe. And I was very convinced of my atheism for a long time, and I was very depressed about it. I wanted very much to believe... I wanted the idea that I would see my father and my brothers again, and it was heartbreaking to think that that wouldn't happen. The fool says in his heart that there is no God, and I was sad to be that fool. I would rather have been a fool for God, but I was so convinced that believing in God was foolish. There were five years maybe when I couldn't think of why to get up. That wasn't good. But the desire to believe always was there. The fact that thread was never cut was helpful. Then one day, a Gideon gave me a Bible walking down a street in Chicago.... [...]

“It was so cold, I had to crack the pages,” he recalls. “I flipped it open, and it had a list of things to read about if you were feeling different ways. Under ‘Anxiety,’ it said ‘Matthew V,’ the Sermon on the Mount.” He paraphrases: “‘Who among you by worrying can change a hair on his head?’ It spoke to me.”

None of this is really conclusive, but these things together make me lean quite far towards F. I too would LOVE to believe in some kind of religion, and I've a few times started thinking, screw it, it feels so real when I immerse myself in it, I'll just assume there are explanations for these logical flaws and devastating facts I see and let myself believe anyway, I'll go and get baptised tomorrow, lol... but I'm not a strong enough Feeler to actually have done that yet. I usually lose touch with that intense feeling by the next morning and so regain the ability to think it through logically and thoroughly.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
guesses:
INFJ
Maria Bamford
Demetri Martin 4w5

INTJ
Richard Pryor 5w4
Dennis Miller 5w6
Raymond Burr
Tina Fey 6w7
Norm MacDonald

INTP
Larry David 6w5
Seth McFarlane 3w4
Jimmy Kimmel
Jeaneane Garofalo
Mike Judge

INFP
Stephen Colbert

ENFJ
David Sedaris 4w3
Steve Carrell 3w4

ENTJ
Jim Carrey 1w2
Steve Martin 8w7
Phil Hartman
Jim Gaffigan
David Cross 1w2
Bill Maher 8w7
Ricky Gervais

ENFP
Dave Chappelle
Bill Cosby 7w6 (esfj?)
Robin Williams 7w6
Will Ferrell 7w6
Paul Mooney
Eddie Murphy 7w8 (esfj?)
Andy Kaufman
Lewis Black
Tracy Morgan
Gene Wilder 7w6
Gilda Radner

ENTP
Bill Murray 3w4
George Carlin 7w8
Mitch Hedberg 4w3
Douglas Adams
Sasha Baron Cohen 7w8
Jon Stewart 7w8
Sarah Silverman 7w8
Brian Posehn 7w6
John Candy 7w6
Bruce Campbell
Eddie Izzard
Conan O'Brien 3w4
Howard Stern 7w8
Matt Groening
Trey Parker 7w8
Chris Rock

ESTJ

ESFJ
Jerry Lewis

ESFP
Drew Carey
Chris Farley
Martin Lawrence
Pauly Shore
Jamie Foxx

ESTP
Dane Cook
Dennis Leary
Jack Black
Will Arnett
Tim Allen
Andrew Dice Clay

ISFP
Adam Sandler
Damon Wayans

ISFJ
D.L. Hugley

ISTP
Jerry Seinfeld 5w4 intp? (not infj)
Woody Allen 3w4? intp?
Jay Leno 3w2
Ray Romano
Carrot Top

ISTJ
Johnny Carson
Cedric the Entertainer
David Letterman 6w5
Roseanne Arnold 6w5

?????
Lord Buckley
Lenny Bruce
Bill Hicks
Charles Bukowski
Patton Oswalt
Michael Ian Black
Zach Galifanakis
Abbott and Costello,
Groucho Marx
Seth Rogen
Rob McElhenny

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
During that interview he's sliding in and out of character a little.

I think Extrovert because he seems quite talkative and initiating in groups, for example in the Paley Centre convention that's on Youtube. Also, most tellingly to me, his interaction with the audience before each recording is reportedly highly energetic and spontaneous. It sounds like he feeds off the audience, and all kinds of audiences far more than an Introvert would.

I agree with most of your assessment, but I don't think that Stephen Colbert is an extravert. He, like many INFP actors, seems to be constantly hiding behind a character and significantly more comfortable there than appearing as himself. He can be completely crazy and manic as his character, and even in "out of character" public appearances he tends to jump into character to make a point or keep things from getting too serious. In extended interviews where he's settled down and talks as himself, I see a man who is quite humble, reasonably private, and whose actions and words are carefully considered according to his values. He doesn't seem to have that high-energy ENFP extraversion when he's not "on."

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
my guess for mitch is an entp 4w3.

ENTP really? I thought he was notoriously introverted and shy? A lot of his shyness shows up on stage too. I think INTP, that seemed to be the consensus on that thread on him too.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't see him as Fe inferior, nor do i see him as Ti dominant. his eyes aren't steely like beck (who i speculate is intp 4w3).

i think he's Ne dominant, he's too loose to be Ti first. he's not a joke technician, he's a guy with hilarious ideas. his delivery is a huge part of it, and his delivery is so off the cuff entp to me. i've seen entps who are more traditionally shy than any of the intps i know. the intps i know are more awkward than shy, they don't pay as much attention to social niceties (inferior Fe) so they look so steely-eyed at you. 4w3 would temper that, but for intp 3w4 is the only one that really is impossible for me to tell the difference between entp and intp. at that point, i ask about Si memory first and foremost, along with judging overall flexibility (which is difficult to discern). the intps ignore you, the entps notice and respond to you with a hugely varying set of approaches. the intps seem colder, the entps i've known have way more self-awareness/self-consciousness, and a different kind of energy as a result (altho i know a probable 3w4, a 4w3, a 7w6, vaguely know one 7w8, and one as of yet untyped).

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
guesses:
INFJ
Maria Bamford
Demetri Martin 4w5

INTJ
Richard Pryor 5w4
Dennis Miller 5w6
Raymond Burr
Tina Fey 6w7
Norm MacDonald

INTP
Larry David 6w5
Seth McFarlane 3w4
Jimmy Kimmel
Jeaneane Garofalo
Mike Judge

INFP
Stephen Colbert

ENFJ
David Sedaris 4w3
Steve Carrell 3w4

ENTJ
Jim Carrey 1w2
Steve Martin 8w7
Phil Hartman
Jim Gaffigan
David Cross 1w2
Bill Maher 8w7
Ricky Gervais

ENFP
Dave Chappelle
Bill Cosby 7w6 (esfj?)
Robin Williams 7w6
Will Ferrell 7w6
Paul Mooney
Eddie Murphy 7w8 (esfj?)
Andy Kaufman
Lewis Black
Tracy Morgan
Gene Wilder 7w6
Gilda Radner

ENTP
Bill Murray 3w4
George Carlin 7w8
Mitch Hedberg 4w3
Douglas Adams
Sasha Baron Cohen 7w8
Jon Stewart 7w8
Sarah Silverman 7w8
Brian Posehn 7w6
John Candy 7w6
Bruce Campbell
Eddie Izzard
Conan O'Brien 3w4
Howard Stern 7w8
Matt Groening
Trey Parker 7w8
Chris Rock

ESTJ

ESFJ
Jerry Lewis

ESFP
Drew Carey
Chris Farley
Martin Lawrence
Pauly Shore
Jamie Foxx

ESTP
Dane Cook
Dennis Leary
Jack Black
Will Arnett
Tim Allen
Andrew Dice Clay

ISFP
Adam Sandler
Damon Wayans

ISFJ
D.L. Hugley

ISTP
Jerry Seinfeld 5w4 intp? (not infj)
Woody Allen 3w4? intp?
Jay Leno 3w2
Ray Romano
Carrot Top

ISTJ
Johnny Carson
Cedric the Entertainer
David Letterman 6w5
Roseanne Arnold 6w5

?????
Lord Buckley
Lenny Bruce
Bill Hicks
Charles Bukowski
Patton Oswalt
Michael Ian Black
Zach Galifanakis
Abbott and Costello,
Groucho Marx
Seth Rogen
Rob McElhenny

Richard Pryor an INTJ?

I'm not debating it, but I'd like to hear why you think so.

For some reason I always saw Hicks as an INFJ, but It's just my guess. I don't think he's an Ne type though.

Lord Buckley - ENFP, maybe?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dave Chappelle: ENFP (definitely. Ne sexual humor at it's best)
John Stuart: ESTP
Chris Rock: ENFP, ENFJ, or ESFP
Jamie Foxx: ENFP or ESFP
Gene Wilder: ENFP (actually, maybe even INFP)
Eddy Murphy: ESFP
Charlie Murphy: ISTP? ENFP?
Dane Cook: EXXP
Conan O'Brien: ESTP
Tina Fey: definitely NOT INTJ

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well it's pretty much a proven fact that there's only three funny types:
entp, entj, and intj in that order. nfjs can be charming funny, like oh look what i did i'm so smart. in pure banter tho, all Ns can produce.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Originally Posted by the state i am in
guesses:

?????
Lord Buckley
Lenny Bruce
Bill Hicks
Charles Bukowski
Patton Oswalt
Michael Ian Black
Zach Galifanakis
Abbott and Costello,
Groucho Marx
Seth Rogen
Rob McElhenny

I'll stab at Galifanakis at INTP
Seth Rogen = ENTP for sure

Also, can someone explain why some view Sandler as ISFP rather than INFP??