• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Good Person = Feeler??

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
LONG POST - skip to the bold part at the end if you want to just get to the point! :D

So a couple of weeks ago I started trying to distance myself from some people who were a bit of a pain in the ass (ENFJ and INTP). Things didn't go as planned, despite my great efforts to combine honesty and integrity with tact and genteness. And before I knew it, I had various people on my back about how 'nasty' I am. All I in fact said was (and I quote): "TBH mate, you two have been getting on my nerves a bit lately. I don't hate you and I'm not saying I don't want to still be friends or anything, I just think we should take a step back from each other for a bit and give each other some breathing space, or we're gonna end up really fighting. If you wanna see the kids though, that's cool - just let me know and you can pick them up whenever."

The part about the kids is because it's this couple who've been trying for kids for years but can't have them, so I let them get their 'kid fix' by playing with my two daughters. Serves both our purposes - theirs, and also gives me some peace and a break from the kids sometimes.

The INTP pouted considerably, but kept it mostly to himself. But the ENFJ decided to start publicly crying out against my "cruelty", telling people how devastated, betrayed and hurt she felt by this friend "cutting her dead", and how she could "never see such vibrant children" any more. And you'd be amazed (well, I was) how many people just believed her, and started getting on my back, saying how cold and mean and evil I am.

Next thing I know, my sister's (ENFJ) asserting a theory to anyone who'll listen, that I'm either autistic or pure evil, based on the fact that when someone pisses me off, I tell them so and explain why, which she sees as 'being mean'. She says she's convinced I must be "a little bit autistic" because I "don't notice other people's feelings and say such mean things all the time", and that she prefers to think of me that way because in her words "the only other explanation is that you're evil and full of hatred" - she thinks she's being generous in theorizing that because I can't please her all the time, I'm either mentally ill, or pure evil!!

And then my mom's (ESFJ) getting in on the act too, saying how I've always been such a "cold fish" and how even as a kid I was "like a robot".

Now, I have great relationships/friendships with a large number of people, and have never had any trouble from/with any of them. I tend to hear people reporting back to me with good things that others have said about me around once per week, on average. I've had my autistic daughter's shrink writing reports to her school saying that my "intuitive grasp of others' needs" makes me the perfect parent for her, and that if every parent was as understanding, adaptable and accommodating as me his job would be much easier.

I can go on long vacations with friends and everyone has a great time, and I'm always invited back. I'm pretty much on most people I know's A list when it comes to inviting people to things. One of the reasons for this, people keep on telling me, is that they see me as a good person, someone who helps people out all the time and tries to do the right thing by everyone as much as possible, and among other things, this makes me fun to be with.

HOWEVER, thinking about it, 90% of the people I get on without any trouble with, are Thinkers of some sort. A few are not - all xxFP's. But of those who have this fixed and ancient opinion of me being cold, mean, evil, nasty and possibly mentally ill, they're ALL Feelers. In fact, they're all xxFJ's.

It seems that in their opinion, in order for someone to be a 'good person', they have to be a Feeler. They have to think as they do, and set as much store by their and others' emotions as these NJ's do. There seems to be no room in their world at all for the idea of someone being a good person, despite being unsentimental and unemotional.

I've tried everything I can to get through to them - I've even used Data the android as an example of a 'person' who is good and lovable despite being void of emotion or awareness of others' emotions. But it seems that the only way in which they're willing to concede this is by saying that he 'does good things', but cannot be a good person, because the good things he does are "not done out of true empathy".

In short, all the FJ's I know seem to demonstrate an attitude that presumes the only true good in the world is the result of pure empathy, and that without empathy, no good is possible. Therefore, it seems to be their view, most people with a strong Thinking preference are at best, evil people who might be able to 'resist' evil and appear good, by imitating Feeler behaviour.

And I'm sick of being judged all the fucking time like this. So, Feelers, your advice?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't think I'm a good person. I've learn to ignore the people who think less then me especially if it's about something that I don't think makes me a bad person. I'm really bad at fighting so no matter what I say it usually gets turned around and I'm the bad person. I've always acted like the scape goat, because I really don't care and just gotten use to being blamed for things.

I hate when people publicly cried, and I'm sure I've done that before but I try not to. I mentally stop myself and convince myself that it's not fair to the other person.

I really don't know my best advice is too try and ignore them knowing that, these other people don't know the situation.

Ooh if you watch Dexter you can use him as an example as well. Yes he does kill people but only ones who deserve to die, and he
helps non-criminals. Though some people frown on serial killers in general, so maybe not.

Oh and that thing you've said to her sounds like something similar I've said to people in the past. I let them get mad and upset at me, but I somehow manage to make them feel better. But on the otherside of the comment I can see how it can be misinterpreted as "I hate you, you suck!!" I normally keep my mouth shut.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have an issue with what you said... but I am an evil Thinker. :)

(Sorry to be redundant.)

But I would have probably cushioned the initial comment a great deal more, depending on how well I knew your friends, in order to protect against this very thing. I could see it coming, when I read what you said. (Your comments were balanced, fair, rational, and understandable, and very explicit about your intentions/expectations... in short, perfect for a T to deal with... but they had about nil emotional quotient to them that would cushion the slap.)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, if anything, it shows why NT's have to be arrogant sometimes... I mean, if I wasn't arrogant, then by now I'd be living in self-loathing-ville with my own villa and golf range!

You know, it's like you take so much beating from others judging you like this all the time, that if you didn't have a strong and sure opinion of yourself as good and worthwhile as a person (which is what many call arrogance), then you really would just crumple under all these assaults on your character.

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
Perhaps they're just blocked by their own view of the world. (Strange for an empathetic type. >.>) I know the general reason for us doing what we do is because if someone is sad, we are sad, if someone is happy, we are happy. Perhaps they believe because a T might not have that deeper empathetic connection to their actions results, then they are just being fake.

I'd just remind these people that one can never make EVERYONE happy, and therefore those who can be more detached and rational may indeed end up working for the greater good by collecting and deciphering all the facts and coming up with a solution that will suit the most people, or be better at making impartial snap decisions that will save some whereas bleeding hearts would paralyze everyone. This shows a genuine concern for all peoples, not just deep empathy for a favored few. It takes this so-called "devoid of emotion-ness" to handle the greater good sometimes.

I refer you to this: www.flipsidecomics.com page of a webcomic

Plus you can always throw it back by saying how cold and callous they're being by making you feel so awful about yourself when you're being honest and tactful, when they're supposed to be your friend too. Guilt works wonders on NFs. (Though I never really support manipulation like that. ><)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now, if I met you in person I just might feel the same way as the others :D ...haha..but...

Based on what you've written, I find few 'Good Person' qualities in your friends either -- publicly denouncing you. So, in my book, I find your friends' behavior to be equally 'mean', and, well, immature.

I don't find their feelings of being hurt as immature - I'd probably FEEL the same way - but I never publically rip on people. It's because I know my perception of them is just MY perception, and others very well won't agree with me. I don't feel I have the right to push my own perceptions onto other people. I want other people to come to their own conclusions of people they meet, and make their own judgements.

I agree w/ Jennifer though that the wording you used did not really set yourself up for a favorable reaction. :)

I just don't get the extroverting piece of it, and can't relate to that at all...that would be quite 'mean' in my book, which is why I don't do it. Even when I've had fallouts with friends, I don't start telling everyone that my ex-friend sucks...I usually just say it didn't work out, we were too different, I could see her side of the story too..etc.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm really bad at fighting so no matter what I say it usually gets turned around and I'm the bad person. I've always acted like the scape goat, because I really don't care and just gotten use to being blamed for things.

But... but... but ENTP's can't just accept stuff like this. It's part of our nature to belieeeeve that things can be changed, they can be improved - misunderstandings can be cleared up, problems can be solved - any two things no matter how different and opposing can be reconciled - anything is possible! If I just gave up and started accepting that things suck and there's nothing I can do about it, I'd whither and die!!!

Oh and that thing you've said to her sounds like something similar I've said to people in the past. I let them get mad and upset at me, but I somehow manage to make them feel better. But on the otherside of the comment I can see how it can be misinterpreted as "I hate you, you suck!!" I normally keep my mouth shut.

I don't know how I could've put it any other way without having to be dishonest. I was already stretching the truth quite a ways already, by implying I was concerned that we shouldn't end up fighting all the time... in fact I just wanted them out of my face for a bit! But, knowing they'd find that hurtful (ruling out autism) and not wanting to hurt them (ruling out evil), I tried to cushion it a bit. To me, that was cushioned!!!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Doesn't everybody have people that will say stupid crap like that about them? Even as an FJ I've have people believe the nonsense my mother says about me, including that I'm cold, vindictive, crazy (the list goes on). People just say that kind of thing when they are not getting their way or are hurt or upset, etc. It sucks, but there you go.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...But, knowing they'd find that hurtful (ruling out autism) and not wanting to hurt them (ruling out evil), I tried to cushion it a bit. To me, that was cushioned!!!

...Oh my. :horor:

cascadenm said:
Based on what you've written, I find few 'Good Person' qualities in your friends either -- publicly denouncing you. So, in my book, I find your friends' behavior to be equally 'mean', and, well, immature.

I don't find their feelings of being hurt as immature - I'd probably FEEL the same way - but I never publically rip on people. It's because I know my perception of them is just MY perception, and others very well won't agree with me. I don't feel I have the right to push my own perceptions onto other people. I want other people to come to their own conclusions of people they meet, and make their own judgements.

I just don't get the extroverting piece of it, and can't relate to that at all...that would be quite 'mean' in my book, which is why I don't do it. Even when I've had fallouts with friends, I don't start telling everyone that my ex-friend sucks...I usually just say it didn't work out, we were too different, I could see her side of the story too..etc.

Uh huh. I totally agree -- they are allowed to feel hurt, but I find it abhorrent for someone to go on a campaign to set one friend against another. That seems even more obviously immature than the accusation levied against sub. :(

So... is that something that ENFJs struggle with? Not making something a public campaign? Or is this just a personal flaw within this friend?

Doesn't everybody have people that will say stupid crap like that about them? Even as an FJ I've have people believe the nonsense my mother says about me, including that I'm cold, vindictive, crazy (the list goes on). People just say that kind of thing when they are not getting their way or are hurt or upset, etc. It sucks, but there you go.

Yes, cafe, that's right! Feel the hate and anger and scorn! Reach out, reach and embrace the Dark Side! I know you want to! It is part of you, don't deny your true feelings! Bask in its dark pleasure!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Perhaps they're just blocked by their own view of the world. (Strange for an empathetic type. >.>) I know the general reason for us doing what we do is because if someone is sad, we are sad, if someone is happy, we are happy. Perhaps they believe because a T might not have that deeper empathetic connection to their actions results, then they are just being fake.

Surely that's not true goodness though - surely that's actually selfishness?! I mean, if I sit next to someone on a bench who is crying, and I try to make them feel better, it's not because I get anything out of it - I don't! It doesn't make me sad just because they are, and when they're happy it doesn't make me any happier than I already was.

If I do 'nice' things for people it's because I believe in Goodness as a concept, and because I try to live by a philosophy of just indiscrimminately being good to people, if only to try and chip away at the cynicism and lack of faith in humanity that so many people have. I want the world to be a good place, and as long as nobody does anything except for their select few, because they believe nobody else would for them and nobody really cares, the world will never be a good place. I think that by helping when you have no personal investment, you're just making the world a little bit better.

Now, surely that is goodness? I've always had a strong feeling that when my sisters says things like "I keep all my feelings inside for the sake of those I love", meaning she doesn't say things to people that they need to hear because it might upset them - it's not really because of what she thinks. It's more just because she doesn't like it when people get upset/angry or shout or whatever. She can't handle it, so she avoids that situation from happening.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But... but... but ENTP's can't just accept stuff like this. It's part of our nature to belieeeeve that things can be changed, they can be improved - misunderstandings can be cleared up, problems can be solved - any two things no matter how different and opposing can be reconciled - anything is possible! If I just gave up and started accepting that things suck and there's nothing I can do about it, I'd whither and die!!!

I don't know how I could've put it any other way without having to be dishonest. I was already stretching the truth quite a ways already, by implying I was concerned that we shouldn't end up fighting all the time... in fact I just wanted them out of my face for a bit! But, knowing they'd find that hurtful (ruling out autism) and not wanting to hurt them (ruling out evil), I tried to cushion it a bit. To me, that was cushioned!!!
Yea, I understand that but alot of times it my heart dictating interpretation instead of my head who can logically be like ok, I'll give him a few weeks then call and see if he still needs space. I have a friend who often needs space, I've learned not to take offense when she wants me gone, I'm always very cautious when approaching her about things. She's also paranoid about everything so I often times have to explain that no I do not have ulterior motives. I can't help you win this battle, maybe you can't win. Ok so I know I'm not helping, let me think about this for a bit.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
So... is that something that ENFJs struggle with? Not making something a public campaign? Or is this just a personal flaw within this friend?

Yeah, actually it's funny that the FJ's who've responded have been INFJ's, haha... thinking about it, though I never tend to really feel a great 'click' with INFJ's, they are the FJ's I find easiest to get along with, though as I say, I find them just as hard to really be on cordial, good terms with as the others.

It is ExFJ's that are the worst with this, in my experience... and what makes it even worse is that there's just no getting through when you try to talk to them or reason with them - they're so convinced that they're these perfectly righteous people that they refuse to entertain any idea that anything they've done could've made you legitimately annoyed/upset. If anything upset you that they did, it's always because of some flaw in you, n'est-ce pas?

Or am I just cursed by living in a place where all the most unhealthy, immature ExFJ's go to live?

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
Surely that's not true goodness though - surely that's actually selfishness?! I mean, if I sit next to someone on a bench who is crying, and I try to make them feel better, it's not because I get anything out of it - I don't! It doesn't make me sad just because they are, and when they're happy it doesn't make me any happier than I already was.

Yes.. this is a paradox I find myself weighing my self worth over almost every day. :shock: But I find comfort in just saying that because I operate out of such a method, it's a nice balance between loving myself AND others, and doing what's best for me ends up helping other people even more in the long run, since at my best, I then give that strength to as many as I can. Or if I'm down, I go make people happy, or be around happy people to cheer me up. A two way street.

Of course in saying that, I speak for myself and perhaps not all INFJs.

Or maybe it's that same insecurity that drives the NFs you have to deal with to rationalize themselves into people who are perfectly righteous? And makes it so easy to blame any other way of impartially showing care as evil? Because otherwise their way would be selfish?

I think I'm overgeneralizing. :huh:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hmmm...

You know what offends me? Using terms like Autistic so lightly. I believe that applying it to cases where it clearly doesn't apply decreases the impact and effect of actually having the disorder. I find it ironic that the empathetic ones would use a disorder as an attack, for if you did have autism as they sorta say, they should be showing empathy for your disorder, while if they don't really believe you have the disorder, they are not only insulting you but also making light of those with the disorder.

In any case, I've never had this problem... and I can't say my empathy is very high.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes.. this is a paradox I find myself weighing my self worth over almost every day. :shock: But I find comfort in just saying that because I operate out of such a method, it's a nice balance between loving myself AND others, and doing what's best for me ends up helping other people even more in the long run, since at my best, I then give that strength to as many as I can. A two way street.

Yeah, but I don't think there's anything wrong with loving yourself. In fact, I think there is something wrong with not loving yourself. I mean, think about it - how offensive is it, how insulting, to expect other people to tolerate you, to approach others or ask or desire others to be in your life, if you even believe yourself to be not worthy, to be a piece of shit? If I saw a movie I hated, I wouldn't recommend someone I like to watch it, would I? So if you hate yourself, how can you dare to desire anyone to be with you?

My religious beliefs are that self-hatred is actually a sin against God, I mean, if he put himself through death on a cross for love of you, then to say you hate yourself and you believe you're worthless is pretty offensive to him, isn't it? I believe self-hatred gets between us and God (those of us who are religious), so I'll fight that as hard as people say I should fight arrogance.

Hmmm...

You know what offends me? Using terms like Autistic so lightly. I believe that applying it to cases where it clearly doesn't apply decreases the impact and effect of actually having the disorder. I find it ironic that the empathetic ones would use a disorder as an attack, for if you did have autism as they sorta say, they should be showing empathy for your disorder, while if they don't really believe you have the disorder, they are not only insulting you but also making light of those with the disorder.

I agree - that's just something I thought I'd leave aside for the moment, how deeply insulting it is to autistic people, and how just plain dumb it is to throw around the word like that as though it's an explanation for anyone not pleasing you (her). And it's her impression of it being a mental illness by the way, that I'm reporting, not my own. I love my little Aspies daughter and sincerely wouldn't want to have her any other way :)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I agree - that's just something I thought I'd leave aside for the moment, how deeply insulting it is to autistic people, and how just plain dumb it is to throw around the word like that as though it's an explanation for anyone not pleasing you (her). And it's her impression of it being a mental illness by the way, that I'm reporting, not my own. I love my little Aspies daughter and sincerely wouldn't want to have her any other way :)

I just find it insulting... quite so. This has become a more recent crusade for me, I suppose, because I think using disorders as insults hurts not only the disorder, the issues and the challenges they face, but is used as an insult whereas the diagnosis should be used to help people.

We all have issues to different degrees... The irony here, of course, goes even deeper - considering that you are even capable of empathy towards your daughter, who is autistic and who you take care of only to have them attack you for the exact opposite using the disorder that you have to work with...

I must admit, reading that really steamed me up. I would of shown them my version of "empathy" had I been in the room when they said that. Apparently they need to learn some respect and decency along with their good natured empathy.

/rant

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
Yeah, but I don't think there's anything wrong with loving yourself. In fact, I think there is something wrong with not loving yourself. I mean, think about it - how offensive is it, how insulting, to expect other people to tolerate you, to approach others or ask or desire others to be in your life, if you even believe yourself to be not worthy, to be a piece of shit? If I saw a movie I hated, I wouldn't recommend someone I like to watch it, would I? So if you hate yourself, how can you dare to desire anyone to be with you?

My religious beliefs are that self-hatred is actually a sin against God, I mean, if he put himself through death on a cross for love of you, then to say you hate yourself and you believe you're worthless is pretty offensive to him, isn't it? I believe self-hatred gets between us and God (those of us who are religious), so I'll fight that as hard as people say I should fight arrogance.

My thoughts exactly. :heart:

I think the best thing someone can do for anyone is to BE selfish. If you know and love yourself, then it's easier to accept others as who they are, be willing to listen to criticism and to not give anyone else false impressions from pretending to be someone else.

Which.. is also why I think perhaps you ARE just dealing with NFs who are insecure somehow.

But I suppose ENFJs would have more of an issue with criticizing other people like that, since that introversion isn't there to weigh their judgment against their own actions. Or does that conflict with the eight level model?.. I don't know a thing about Si and Te and.. those still confuse me.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I just find it insulting... quite so. ...
I must admit, reading that really steamed me up. I would of shown them my version of "empathy" had I been in the room when they said that. Apparently they need to learn some respect and decency along with their good natured empathy.

/rant

Tell it, brother! :)

Actually that's another one of my bugbears regarding my experiences with ExFJ's - this conviction/equation of knowing how others feel and being in tune with their emotions, with actually knowing how to respond best to them, and always responding in the correct way. Which is quite simply just not the case - especially when it comes to Thinkers, who put far less store in their emotions than them, and whose emotions are a much smaller factor in their choices and responses, so they so easily fall into the trap of 'sensing' our emotions and then assuming that what we're saying has something to do with them.

Which.. is also why I think perhaps you ARE just dealing with a smidge of NFs who are insecure somehow.

But I suppose ENFJs would have more of an issue ...

Um, it's ESFJ's too... and ISFJ's but to a lesser extent. If I were to list the types in order of which I get on with from worst to best, it'd go something like this:

ENFJ
ESFJ
ESTP
ISFJ
INFJ
ISFP
INTP
INTJ
ESTJ
ENTP
ESFP
ENFP
ISTJ
ISTP
INFP=ENTJ

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Example of what I was just saying about equating empathy with right actions and judgements:

ENFJ: So you're saying that you don't think I'm worth your time because I don't come up to your standards?
Me: No, that's nothing like what I meant. [frustration showing in my voice] I'm simply saying that I find you too much hard work to be around, but in no way is this any cause for me to judge you. It's probably a fault in me that makes me not be able to get along with you smoothly - I'm just trying to be honest here and reduce both of our stress loads.
ENFJ: But you are judging me, because you're saying you don't want to see me any more.
Me: No, that's not judging, that's just me making a choice about what I do with my free time. I'm not saying that just because I don't want to spend time with someone, I therefore think they're a bad person. I'm not some supreme arbiter of human worth - all it means if I don't want to spend time with you is that you and I are incompatible. It doesn't mean anything about my opinion of you as a human being. [agitation and exasperation with seemingly wilful misunderstanding showing in my tone of voice]
ENFJ: But listen to yourself - your voice is full of anger and you're insulting me because you just can't handle the fact that I disagree with you.
Me: No, my voice is full of anger because I'm trying to communicate my feelings and thoughts to you, but you keep twisting what I say to make out that I'm trying to upset you.
ENFJ: But you are upsetting me.
Me: It's not my intention! I'm actually saying the exact opposite of what you keep telling me I'm saying, you're doing my fucking head in!
ENFJ: You see? You're just flying off the handle at me, it's quite clear to me that I annoy the hell out of you and you just don't want anything to do with me, you think I'm stupid and not worth your time.
Me: NOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm saying you're alright and a good person, just not my cup of tea ffs! Clearly I'm not your cup of tea either, so I don't know why you're having such a problem with it!
ENFJ: That's right, now you're trying to make out it's me who's insulting you.
Me: NO!!!! ARGHGHGHGHG why do you keep putting everything I say down to anger when the only reason I'm angry is because you're NOT LISTENING to me, and the only response it's causing is to make me keep trying to EXPLAIN to you! Why don't you listen to my WORDS instead of focusing on my feelings and trying to interpret my words in light of them? The words have nothing to do with my feelings, I'm talking about something totally separate to what's currently causing me to feel angry and frustrated!!
ENFJ: Yeah, whatever sub, well, since you've made it quite clear what you think of me, I just won't bother you any more. Goodbye (flounce off).
Me: Dude, you've just walked out with a fixed idea that you know what I think of you, but in fact, you haven't a fucking clue... sigh! :sadbanana:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Substitute, no one can mess with a person's head like family. It sounds like you are a thinker in a family full of feelers. All I can say is
RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

...but seriously, I think a lot of this simply has to do with the frustration different types have in dealing with each other. In this case it is FJ vs. TP. As far as functions go Fe is probably the most empathetic function, but FJ's don't really have a strong function to balance these feelings with understanding the whole picture. Ne and Se are better and putting all the details together in a coherant piece, but if the person is TP then they are usually not too sensitive to the feelings of others. FJ is very caring but not necessarily understanding, while TP is understanding but not necessarily caring. To put it another way FJ's are so focused on a person's feelings that I wonder if they see that there is more to people than just feelings. (Although INFJ's are not really like this as much as the other FJ's.) FP's are probably the best at dealing with people in that they have a good balance of empathizing with people and while having an understanding of people in general, while TJ's are not really good at either. ("Now quit dreaming and get back to work.")

Anyway my point is that these FJ's don't understand you but they do care about you. Tell them that they really hurt you by calling you evil and autistic, but you are willing to forgive them if they forgive you. Also tell them that the whole thing has been so emotionally distressing that it would be best if you didn't have to interact with this ENFJ and INTP couple for a little while, but you'll get over it after a little while and of course the couple is welcome to spend time with your girls if they wish. ;) (Or come up with your own similar plan which I'm sure you are capabale of. :)) I think the key is to "spin" everything into an answer that everyone can deal with.