• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Good Person = Feeler??

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Just because a person is a feeler, it doesn't equate them to being good..

I know lots of people who are feelers who are 'ignorant' feelers who harp a lot about political b.s. that half the times they don't understand where they're arguing from, though with good intentions, it doesn't mean that were 'good' people. Some were more hypocritical than others, using their self-righteousness to back inhumanity (especially the ones who try to justify wars using religion).

I've also known the thinking types of personalities who had ethical values/treated those who were socioeconomically poorer than they were with Respect, in which the feelers did not.

It highly depends on the individual persons involved. In other words, feeler doesn't equal good. Good depends on a person's values combined with how they treat others when they think no one's watching. My problem is when people try to make it seem as though being a thinker means being immoral, which is far from the truth.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
Oh, pretty much everybody is capable of empathy unless they are an infant, a sociopath or a psychopath. There are mirror neurons in the brain, and even NTs have these mirror neurons. NTs also possess the cellular receptors for the peptides that cause the subjective experience we call emotion.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It seems that in their opinion, in order for someone to be a 'good person', they have to be a Feeler. They have to think as they do, and set as much store by their and others' emotions as these NJ's do. There seems to be no room in their world at all for the idea of someone being a good person, despite being unsentimental and unemotional.

I've tried everything I can to get through to them - I've even used Data the android as an example of a 'person' who is good and lovable despite being void of emotion or awareness of others' emotions. But it seems that the only way in which they're willing to concede this is by saying that he 'does good things', but cannot be a good person, because the good things he does are "not done out of true empathy".
It's funny how each type tends to think it is superior to other types.
I personally find the "empathetic" way of dealing with life offensive sometimes.
I find it annoying when I get passed over because people are playing "favorites"
and not really choosing the best candidate.
But that's life, and I have to accept it, and deal with it.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, pretty much everybody is capable of empathy unless they are an infant, a sociopath or a psychopath. There are mirror neurons in the brain, and even NTs have these mirror neurons. NTs also possess the cellular receptors for the peptides that cause the subjective experience we call emotion.

even NTs? we're not a sub-species!

(but I appreciate your post)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
meh. let everyone think feelers are the good people. that way every random stranger who thinks they're the only one who has ever had 'that particular problem' will assume they live for that shit and dump the never-ending minutiae on them.

it leaves me with the choice to listen or not.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
meh. let everyone think feelers are the good people. that way every random stranger who thinks they're the only one who has ever had 'that particular problem' will assume they live for that shit and dump the never-ending minutiae on them.

*steps out of feeler clothes* amen to that! If there were no do gooders in the world, we'd all be stuck having to fend for those who are able, but unwilling to help themselves.

MBTI Type
ENTP

If I weren't mildly cowed by your acerbity, I'd be highly attracted to you(r internet persona)... oh wait, I am attracted. :devil:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I prefer being good and smart, it requires being mean sometimes though for a greater good.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
If I weren't mildly cowed by your acerbity, I'd be highly attracted to you(r internet persona)... oh wait, I am attracted. :devil:
she's totally hot (online and off) and I've heard that firsthand from a few very trustworthy sources who have met her irl.

no hugs necessary. ;)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
she's totally hot (online and off) and I've heard that firsthand from a few very trustworthy sources who have met her irl.

no hugs necessary. ;)

gah! okay, thank you, that's really sweet, but enough about me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know a whole boat load of Feelers who are not a "good person" and I know just as many Thinkers who are a "good person".

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Woah! this is one of my ancient threads I wouldn't have resurrected!! lol mostly because I've kinda changed a lot since I wrote that OP and view things slightly differently...

Not extremely differently, but differently enough...

Bah!!

*cringe*

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Woah! this is one of my ancient threads I wouldn't have resurrected!! lol mostly because I've kinda changed a lot since I wrote that OP and view things slightly differently...

Not extremely differently, but differently enough...

Bah!!

*cringe*
Yeah, I noticed the date on the OP,
but it's a worthy discussion anyhow.

My husband and I are both "T" types,
but we go around do-gooding just as much as anybody I know.
My ISTJ mother is a do-gooder, too.

We learned this behavior from a Catholic church upbringing.

Strangely, my INFP sister has an aversion to "pity"
and therefore, lest anyone think she pities them,
she isn't a do-gooder.

MBTI Type
ENTP

no hugs necessary. ;)

gah! okay, thank you, that's really sweet, but enough about me.

heh heh!

but it would never work between me and another ENTP... even assuming she wasn't disgusted and/or annoyed (the likely reactions) by my public admiration.

:blush:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
*considers playground dancing around and pointing whilst chanting silly rhyme routine*

*reconsiders*

I ain't afraid o' no digest :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
eh, it's what makes you three so damn fun to watch :D

not sure if I could date an ENTP though; have to hold the shield up too often and my arm gets tired easily.