• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Functions that attract you

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nah, NFPs have Te as a function, whereas NFJs have Ti as a function.

People like what they identify with!

:)

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah, NFPs have Te as a function, whereas NFJs have Ti as a function.

Not necessarily true.
I have a well-developed Ti (31% use) and virtually no use of Te (13%), so it depends on the individual NFP and their functions.

EDIT: PinkPiranha's TI-85 is PRE-HISTORIC. Anyone who's anyone('s friend of several engineer majors) can tell you that the hot and happening graphing calculator of today is the Titanium TI-89. Who doesn't know that?

... er um... :coffee:

Don't worry. My dork is going back inside the cave now.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Not necessarily true.
I have a well-developed Ti (31% use) and virtually no use of Te (13%), so it depends on the individual NFP and their functions.

But you're an introvert, so you process information differently from the ENFPs.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
real NFPs use Te...you imposter.

Oh dang.
You caught me.
I guess I better pull an EnFpFer and turn in my card.

*hands over INFP card while secret INFJ sticker slips out of wallet and onto floor*

Oops. :blush: Forgot I had that...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am very attracted to Te type men. Especially ones that control it well. I like the confidence and the straight forwardness. They make sense to me.
Ne: Brings on a completely new perspective. Interesting, witty, smart. But yet still a fun and laid back functon at the same time.
Ti: Something about those quiet thinkers

Neutral:
Si: A friend type. Many of my friends are ISXJ's. Never dated one though. Nice and reliable function.
Fi: Can be nice to see in a guy. Good shoulders to cry on and ears to talk to.
Se: Better off friends. I can relate a lot to this function but doesn't really do anything for me romantically.

Doesn't matter/ unattracted:
Ni: Making connections between seemingly unrelated occurances. Talking about things that are unrelated in general. In combination with Te, makes accusations and assumptions that are untrue. Can be okay if unnoticable but doesn't really matter either way whether a person uses this function heavily.
Fe: Pretty pointless in a significant other. I'm thinking polite and proper. Its nice to maintain traditions, and I can see where this function is useful, but it doesn't usually attract me except in female friends and moms.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Positive:

Si: Generally unpretentious; usually more depth than meets the eye; shared values of home, family, community, comfort, etc...
Ne: My boyfriend is ENTP and we have great conversations. Fun to debate. He's always on the go, which isn't really my thing, but I respect him for it.
Te: I always kinda liked brash, take-charge people. They can be trusted.

Neutral:
Ti: Just completely neutral to me.
Fe: Not really neutral... it's just that my favorite people in the world have been Fe-dom... but so have some of my least favorite. I averaged them.
Ni: I'm not sure I can identify this function in others.

Less positive:
Se: Tough for me to keep up. I feel boring by comparison.
Fi: Dated an INFP for a while last summer and we never really clicked. I didn't share his longing for romance, and I was constantly worried I would offend him in some way.

All of this is based on current preferences and recent experience. Usually changes by the minute.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I feel neutral to most of the functions so I can't say I find some more attractive than others.

Except one.

Sorry, I can't jump on the U.S.S Ne. Maybe because I deal with it mostly in a professional setting and while most people don't like to deal with the nuts and bolts, the ENxPs disappear when something really needs to get done and reappear to claim glory when it's finished. But congratulations to them for getting themselves in positions where they can do it. There is something to be said for seeing a project through from A to Z, t. There are a lot of bitter people that work with two ENxPs in particular because it's all talk and no results. The ENxPs I work with are fun and all, but I don't find them to be trustworthy people. I much prefer to know ENxPs casually where I'm not dependent upon them for anything

To me in a professional setting they seem rather exploitative, excellent networkers, good at finding people to do their work for them by creating an appealing light-hearted and easy going atmosphere, but it's structureless and built on sand. These Ne atmospheres are like those candles that smell like sugar cookies and apple pie, but there's no real apple pie or sugar cookies, it's the idea of it.

And it's funny because people often accuse Fe of doing this (and it definitely can) but with Fe there's always tangible product. People take issue with the Fe product mostly. With Ne atmospheres, there's nothing to really put your finger on: it smells like apple pie but if you're expecting it you're going to be waiting for awhile. They're the type of people that make others say, "I like them, but..."

I also have one other observation about the preference of Fe in the auxiliary position vs dominant . About a week or so ago I started a thread about a friend of mine being told she was "docile and even-tempered" as a compliment from one of her superiors. She's an INFJ. I have definitely noticed (and once again this is professionally) a preference for IxFJs by many of the directors at my job. I think that people are getting the benefit of Fe, but blunted. I notice the IxFJs tend to be very professional, sensitive, hard-working and thorough, capable of focusing on a problem and getting it solved, compassionate with excellent people skills, savvy towards interpersonal relationships, BUT they never say no (even when they need to which gives rise to the IxFJ passive aggressiveness stemming from feelings of frustration) are less mouthy than ExFJs and I do think somewhat more controllable. They don't make their needs known, which allows those who are less sensitive to coast by assuming there are none. Also leads to a big surprise when the Fe bursts forth and slams you over the head. Which is why I think there's been a stated preference for IxFJ Fe rather than ExFJ Fe.

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving! There are pies in the oven hence the food references. :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In real life, my Fe has never been a hobble. The forum expresses hate/aversion to it way more than anyone I actually know in person. Granted, my Ni is very strong and take-charge, but Fe comes first and that's just the way it is.

Like Sandra Bullock said, I like anyone who isn't afraid of me. There's something nice to say about every one of the functions, something attractive about them all.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I love it in ENFJs, often, because they wield it very well. But yes, immature Fe sets of my allergies, I'll admit, especially when it's backing up Ti or Si.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I am very attracted to Te type men. Especially ones that control it well. I like the confidence and the straight forwardness. They make sense to me.
Ne: Brings on a completely new perspective. Interesting, witty, smart. But yet still a fun and laid back functon at the same time.
Ti: Something about those quiet thinkers

Neutral:
Si: A friend type. Many of my friends are ISXJ's. Never dated one though. Nice and reliable function.
Fi: Can be nice to see in a guy. Good shoulders to cry on and ears to talk to.
Se: Better off friends. I can relate a lot to this function but doesn't really do anything for me romantically.

Doesn't matter/ unattracted:
Ni: Making connections between seemingly unrelated occurances. Talking about things that are unrelated in general. In combination with Te, makes accusations and assumptions that are untrue. Can be okay if unnoticable but doesn't really matter either way whether a person uses this function heavily.
Fe: Pretty pointless in a significant other. I'm thinking polite and proper. Its nice to maintain traditions, and I can see where this function is useful, but it doesn't usually attract me except in female friends and moms.

This might be a bit off topic but have you had interactions with an Ni Te? can you give some advices for other SFPs?

G

Glycerine

Attractive:
Fi- genuineness
Ti- Sharp wit
Ni- peculiar intensity
Se- fun, adventurous

So-so:
Ne- really fun and peculiar but bit too much as a dominant sometimes. Ne as secondary is usually really attractive
Fe- it can be awesome but can feel really fake sometimes (coming from someone who has moderate Fe... hahaha).

Ehhh:
Te: It can be too intense and I feel like a complete moron around some XXTJs but I do admire the "cut the BS" attitude
Si: I feel like I'm being judged for not fitting into "how things should be" sometimes but their attention to detail amazes me.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Best

Te - I likes this very much. I can relax and let Te take care of most everything.
Ni - I like it. It's comfortable but surprising.
Se - It's the spike of liquor in the punch bowl of life.

Better

Fe - the concierge of good will and warmth.
Ne - Different. Thought provoking.
Ti - Exacting. Strong.

Good

Fi - laid back glowy warmth
Si - Takes care of business. Detail eating machine.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:wubbie: :

Fe - It can clash with my Fi, but mainly I enjoy how expressive it is. I only wish I could be that warm. Fe just screams LOVABLE. I particularly like it with Ni-aux. Never known any SFJ guys well.

Ne - I love some Ne on Ne action. Weirdest conversations that go on forever in every direction. I like it best with ENFPs or INTPs. I've never dated an ENFP though.

Ti - I like Ti-doms. I relate to how Ti works, except it's more grounded. I find it complementary to my Fi. I'm more wary of it in the aux function as it seems arrogant then.

:) :

Fi - I love Fi in a friend, but for a romance it is iffy. I don't tend to find myself attracted to Fi-dom men except as friends. I'm not sure about ExFP guys either...haven't dated any.

Ni - Can make for a really interesting person or someone who is pretentious & full of crap. I'm not crazy about INTJs to date.

Te - I like organization, I just don't want to do it, and I don't want it to steamroll me either. I think I'd like an ENTJ over INTJ though. Te humor can be funny.

:coffee: :

Si - I fear suffocation in a relationship. But it can make for good friends/family.

Se - Seems shallow to me, and I always get turned off by the hedonism, although at first I like the spontaneity/adventurous spirit. Plus, everyone has 5 senses, big deal :tongue: