• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Functions that attract you

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think we have more NFs in the SP forum then we have SPs

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Utterly irresistable:

Ni: Love the visionary power and calm confidence that it comes forth. Like the bright North Star. I appreciate someone who knows the way, as it calms me.

Te: I suck at it...and I so admire/respect it in others, especially in combo with Ni..it makes me feel safe. Love the stuff they get done. The no nonsense. The confidence it exudes that it will be able to obliterate everything in it's path.

Se: There's no ignoring it, if it's targetting you. In your face, utterly fun and such a rush. Feels so very similar to Te, yet more physical still and a little bit more flexible. Shares that confidence in getting where it's going. Highly appreciated.

Familiar:

Ne: Love Ne gone wild. When I see others going nuts, like at an ENFP slumber party, it just makes me wanna go crazy and jump on a bed

Fi: Home. When someone shares their Fi with me, it feels like coming home. It feels like someone understands, someone sees the depth of the well, and I get to see theirs. It's unique. Special. Precious. It's seeing the colours of the wind.

Odd:

Ti: Recognize how it works and appreciate its razorsharp precision as long as they keep it pointed away from me

Si: Drives me bonkers. Think outside the box already *arghh* And yet..incredibly soothing, especially after getting burned by being too long out of the box. Safety, though I prefers Te. (exception of tertiary Si, love using that)

Fe: Can be beautiful when guided properly by Ni. Warm, passionate, just as forceful as Te but then without being so cold. Yet don't trust it for shit. Makes me paranoid. Feels like it's trying to suffocate me by lulling me into safety while wrapping blankets too tightly all over me..

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Te: I suck at it...and I so admire/respect it in others, especially in combo with Ni..it makes me feel safe. Love the stuff they get done. The no nonsense. The confidence it exudes that it will be able to obliterate everything in it's path.

Awesome, totally awesome.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm going to post this in the NF forum because I've mostly dated NF's.

Think about your past (and present) significant others and list the functions that you have really enjoyed or that attracted you to them, along with the functions that you had difficulties with (and maybe a short description of why you're attracted to it or why not).

I am usually attracted to/enjoy these functions:
1. Ne (insane connection, lots to talk about)
2. Ni (hard to put a finger on it, but there's still very good conversation)
3. Fe (as a primary function it can be a little overbearing at times - kind of like Te, but overall or as an auxiliary function it is kind of smooth, easy, open, and nice - makes things comfortable for me)

Neutral functions:
1. Ti (not really sure how this affects me in another person)
2. Si (not sure)

Functions that have been difficult for me in a significant other:
1. Te (I respect it in business settings, but would not want my g/f or wife bossing me around or trying to "organize" me).
2. Fi (like pulling teeth to have an intimate conversation)
3. Se (I don't usually know what to say to them other than "Oh, that's great.")

my list is pretty much the same, minus Te being in the difficult area. Hit the nail on the head with the Se response. It is often all I have to say too.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm attracted to the functions on my TI-85 scientific calculator, esp whatever the little blue button does. Hot.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ni because it's intriguing.

Fi because it's beautiful.

And Te, because, well, it's trustworthy, and damn near always spot on. ;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe is beautiful because... well, why don't YOU tell me a bit about why you think Fe is beautiful?

Ti = concise.

Ne is always brimming with the potential and excitement of new possibility. Shall we make the world a better place with a bit of wit, or shall we figure a way to move a mountain? Let's enter the refreshing, rejuvenating pool for a while.

Te because of its:
  • Bottom line efficiency
  • Step by step, replicable, instructions
  • Ability to accomplish the impossible via a relentless design and execution of divide and conquer strategies.

Se because it's fun, fun, fun! *

* This post was created from my iPhone**, while skydiving.

** Like I have an iPhone.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, yeah, how dare I forget about that awesomest function we call Ne... who wouldn't be attracted to it. :p

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ti = concise.

Ne is always brimming with the potential and excitement of new possibility. Shall we make the world a better with a bit of wit, or shall we figure a way to move a mountain? Let's enter the refreshing, rejuvenating pool for a while.

Se because it's fun, fun, fun! *

* This post was created from my iPhone**, while skydiving.

** Like I have an iPhone

:D

Ti = CONCISE?!?!?!

You smoking crack, mang?!?!?!

Ti is painstakingly, and arduously long-winded....

Kinda like the fart of Krakatoa.

Jaguar

Ti = CONCISE?!?!?!
You smoking crack, mang?!?!?!
Ti is painstakingly, and arduously long-winded....

Ti gone wild is what gives you those endless walls of text with no paragraph breaks.
You been hanging out with Tony Montana, mang? :D

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
This tread totally needs more Ti.

I think Fe can be cute, though :wubbie:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It puts the TI in TI-85. :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Seems like NFP's favor Te, while NFJ's might tend to enjoy Ti more.