• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs and Misanthropism

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm making a list, checking it twice. I don't give a damn who's naughty or nice.

Cause I am coming to put you down...

I see you when you're sleeping, I know when you're awake.

I know if you've been bad or good, don't make me break your face...

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
*snicker*

Suddenly no one is in a holiday mood? :coffee: :dry:

...sing the previous post, to the tune of 'Santa Claus is coming to town'... Or not. I was slightly tipsy.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You did it a bit early and some may not share the humour. ;)

=^.^=

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
You did it a bit early and some may not share the humour. ;)

=^.^=

...:coffee:

fork-small.jpg
'Em if they can't take a joke.

And according to all the major retail outlets. Christmas started in October. :rolli:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
... early in the morning, sorry.

chris09

MBTI Type
INfP
Okay... I am now the king hypocrite. Scratch everything I just said, my misanthropy is coming into full bloom lol

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol, welcome to the wonderful world of INFPs
I'm not misanthropic. I'm always surprised when a person or organisation turns out to have bad intentions. This thread (and perhaps this forum) is probably attracting the ones who are disproportionately.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not misanthropic. I'm always surprised when a person or organisation turns out to have bad intentions. This thread (and perhaps this forum) is probably attracting the ones who are disproportionately.

I was pointing out he was an INFP for changing his mind, not that INFPs are misanthropic. I'm certainly not :)

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
I must admit my misanthropy can overwhelm me at times. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to list all of my gripes.

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Being "misanthropic" and having bad intentions or even expecting people to have bad intentions are two very different things. Have you even read the whole thread?
Disproportionately what?

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Being "misanthropic" and having bad intentions or even expecting people to have bad intentions are two very different things.
Well, what other belief about people is likely eliciting feelings of 'disgust' and other such words used about them here by self-described misanthropes? I don't know, it's the only one I can conceive of making me personally feel that way.

Have you even read the whole thread?
Pfft. 10 pages? About something depressing? :rofl1:

I have to watch what I feed my mind, it's got sensitivities.

But I read enough, I believe.

Disproportionately what?
Misanthropic. Percentage-wise.

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well, what other belief about people is likely eliciting feelings of 'disgust' and other such words used about them here by self-described misanthropes? I don't know, it's the only one I can conceive of making me personally feel that way.

One can sometimes hate people without assuming they have bad intentions. I don't really know how to explain it so I'll just quote what I wrote previously in this thread:
my misanthropy is usually invoked not even by people who kill the innocent or something of the kind, not by individulals, but by realizing that there is an overwhelming amount of people that are stupid and callous and there's no way of changing them.
You just can't deny that not everybody is intelligent, kind and well-meaning.

Misanthropic. Percentage-wise.
Well, I think you're just misunderstanding what we mean by our "misanthropy" a little bit. I don't really consider myself a misanthrope, but I have my moments.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

It's not depressing, it's amusing.

And many people amuse me. In a sad, slapstick, kind of way. :D

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One can sometimes hate people without assuming they have bad intentions. I don't really know how to explain it so I'll just quote what I wrote previously in this thread:

You just can't deny that not everybody is intelligent, kind and well-meaning.
Oh, don't get me started on how stupid people are, lol. I just don't think people can help being stupid any more than any other species can. I don't hate my dog for running around my legs with her lead, or lying at the top of the stairs in the dark, as much as it frustrates me. I don't hate her for failing to see the discrepancy between the way she treats humans and other dogs and the fact that she has no problem crushing moles and rabbits to death in her mouth. It's the way she's wired and she can't reason powerfully enough to get around that wiring. My attitude towards humanity most would find patronising, but they ought to be grateful because it lets me forgive a lot. :D

Well, I think you're just misunderstanding what we mean by our "misanthropy" a little bit. I don't really consider myself a misanthrope, but I have my moments.
Sure, I think most people do.

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh, don't get me started on how stupid people are, lol. I just don't think people can help being stupid any more than any other species can. I don't hate my dog for running around my legs with her lead, or lying at the top of the stairs in the dark, as much as it frustrates me. I don't hate her for failing to see the discrepancy between the way she treats humans and other dogs and the fact that she has no problem crushing moles and rabbits to death in her mouth. It's the way she's wired and she can't reason powerfully enough to get around that wiring. My attitude towards humanity most would find patronising, but they ought to be grateful because it lets me forgive a lot. :D

Right, but sometimes you just can't help getting frustrated with their stupidity, and the fact that it's not even their fault is not much of a consolation. And that's what I think most of us were talking about.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

Oh, let's see. Too many examples...

Um...The way some people act so serious, even when it's supposed to be a lighthearted and fun event. They make me laugh.

The way many people get all worked up about their appearance, and spend hours in the bathroom making themselves look like caricatures of real human beings. This amuses me, and makes me sad.

The way some people turn the MBTI into the Bible of how to live their lives. And practically turn homicidal if someone disagrees. This makes me snicker.

And I am not immune. I laugh at myself, and find my occasional stupidity even more amusing than I find anyone else's.