• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs and Misanthropism

Liquid Swordz

MBTI Type
INFP
I thought we were supposed to be all empathetic and what not.

Why then do I have a streak of Misanthropy in my character?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Because you are not only, the character traits MBTI states INFPs are supposed to have.

And most people suck syphilitic donkey wangs.

Infidel

MBTI Type
INTP
hey, everyone's entitled to be bitter and misanthropic sometimes. ride it out.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
A lot of people are very difficult to like ..

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People...
They're the worst!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Misanthropy seems to be the result of a world that doesn't match the INFP's inner ideals. It seems fairly common for the type.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So nice and pleasant.... :tongue10:

I'm allowed to say that because I am one myself! :D

Perhaps I should clarify: A misanthropic stage is pretty common for the type. Most of us overcome it, though.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm allowed to say that because I am one myself! :D

Perhaps I should clarify: A misanthropic stage is pretty common for the type. Most of us overcome it, though.

It's no stage. It's a periodic disgust with all things human. :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this where we end up wanting to help the INTJs in taking over/destroying the world?

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, saving it. :D

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The world isn't very INFP user-friendly. The misanthropism is probably just a natural reaction to this.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
The world isn't very INFP user-friendly. The misanthropism is probably just a natural reaction to this.

:yes:

If we were all huggy, rainbows, and puppy dogs, and always believed the best in people, we would have died out long ago.

It's knowing when to let it out, and when to be all fluffy and huggy.

:thelook:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ironically, Fi and misanthropism go kinda hand in hand.

To love your brothers and sisters, and to be so saddened and disgusted with them as well.

A disappointed, or deeply hurt beautiful soul will often feel, at times, highly misanthropic!

:)

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Ironically, Fi and misanthropism go kinda hand in hand.

To love your brothers and sisters, and to be so saddened and disgusted with them as well.

A disappointed, or deeply hurt beautiful soul will often feel, at times, highly misanthropic!

:)

Hi there Hot Stuff. :smooch:

Those of us who survive to adulthood seem to develop some sort of coping mechanism. It could be a hard shell, or the ability to not give a damn what others think.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I kinda swing between extreme empathy and extreme misanthropy. I can be seriously cold, selfish and uncaring - but this doesn't necessarily reflect my behaviour. I can be really annoyed by someone and want nothing to do with them but still can manage to be nice and relatively civil.

Don't believe the INFP stereotypes. Nowhere in the type description does it say, "100% loving and considerate to all people, at all times"