• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP are we annoying? Be honest. What do you really think?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You went to great extents to compare what she said to other theories of how different people are. From my external view of the world Jeniffer was pretty spot on with her observations. If you take anything to deep theoretically you lose the theory with detail.

While it may not be a great combo, it is a balancing combo.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You went to great extents to compare what she said to other theories of how different people are. From my external view of the world Jeniffer was pretty spot on with her observations. If you take anything to deep theoretically you lose the theory with detail.

While it may not be a great combo, it is a balancing combo.

I didn't say that the observations were incorrect, just that the theoretical implications were off. Her point was that we see certain rigidity in unhealthy ENPs and that is due to the auxiliary function receiving autonomy. I mentioned that it is due to the auxiliary function becoming subservient to the dominant. In other words, the effect was correctly identified, yet the cause hasn't been.

Secondly, I mentioned that not all unhealthy ENPs are rigid as the circumstances of many of such people simply don't allow them to be. As a general note, just because somebody has a tendency to behave in a certain way does not mean that they will behave in such a way. Consider a businessman who fits the persona Jennifer describes. Assume that he has important duties to carry out for a fortune 500 company. Will he go on wild speculations and act like a mad scientist? I think not. In his free time he probably would however. Altogether, my point is that it is important to understand that people do not always behave as their type would lead them to as they often have responsibilities to behave in a way that is different from how they normally would.

All of this does not prove that Jennifer's conclusion was wrong, it only shows that a different justification is necessary.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you need convincing on the ENFP annoying front take a trip to a place called ENFP haven (Otherwise known as HELL) You will be thoroughly convinced!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't say that the observations were incorrect, just that the theoretical implications were off. Her point was that we see certain rigidity in unhealthy ENPs and that is due to the auxiliary function receiving autonomy. I mentioned that it is due to the auxiliary function becoming subservient to the dominant. In other words, the effect was correctly identified, yet the cause hasn't been.

Secondly, I mentioned that not all unhealthy ENPs are rigid as the circumstances of many of such people simply don't allow them to be. As a general note, just because somebody has a tendency to behave in a certain way does not mean that they will behave in such a way. Consider a businessman who fits the persona Jennifer describes. Assume that he has important duties to carry out for a fortune 500 company. Will he go on wild speculations and act like a mad scientist? I think not. In his free time he probably would however. Altogether, my point is that it is important to understand that people do not always behave as their type would lead them to as they often have responsibilities to behave in a way that is different from how they normally would.

All of this does not prove that Jennifer's conclusion was wrong, it only shows that a different justification is necessary.

taken to PM to not derail thread into personality theory:)

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
taken to PM to not derail thread into personality theory:)

I don't think that the matter we are discussing is personality theory at all. For personality theory, review Please Understand Me (Volumes I and II) and the numerous online websites on personality systems like Enneagram, MBTI, socionics and so on.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think that the matter we are discussing is personality theory at all. For personality theory, review Please Understand Me (Volumes I and II) and the numerous online websites on personality systems like Enneagram, MBTI, socionics and so on.

lol, you just like to argue the detail dont you.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
ENFP are just winners and some people just can't take it that we're better at everything.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol, you just like to argue the detail dont you.

I don't think its a matter of details. There is a big difference between MBTI online sources about typology and Jung's work on the subject. The former is personality theory, the latter is not. It would be a remiss on our part to assume that the two are similar enough to be placed in the same group.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I gotta say, with my limited experience, I'm a fan of ENFPs :)

You totally keep the conversation going, can talk about almost anything and you're generally awesome!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFPs can be annoying - making you enthousiastic about the next get-together and coming way too late... Quite annoying, especially if the event is a role-playing evening you are organizing with a lot of other people, too.
But, as forgetting about appointments is a sin I would commit too... let's call it even, okay?
Seriously, I know at least one ENFP in real life - and she totally rocks.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^ :rofl1: Guilty, so guilty of getting everyone riled up about something and then showing at least 30 minutes late for the start.

:doh: It's usually because:

1. Something equally or more awesome caught my attention and I got caught up in it, kay.
OR
2. I couldn't decide what to wear to this totally awesome role-playing exercise and you know how hard decision making is for ENFPS so that extra half hour was excruciating for me too, but necessary. :yes:

Sorry. Aren't we totally awesome once we're there? Also, don't we get some points for being the last to leave? I may be late but I'm always the last to leave and I always help clean up. :cheese:

alexshippee

MBTI Type
Infp
Enneagram
4w5
I'm a little late but, From the ENFPs i've met, It seems like they just wait to talk.. Like they don't actually listen to what I say. Also, the one's I've met, seem like even when they don't know what they're talking about, they pretend they do and when they're wrong about something, they don't like to admit it. The few that I know say some really embarrassing things out loud too.. Things I wouldn't even let myself say to my friends..

Obviously that's not all ENFPs, just the few that I know personally.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems like they just want to talk.. Like they don't actually listen to what I say.

I've noticed this myself. Despite of their people skills, they're egoists; which is quite a double standard, since they frequently label others as indifferent and stuck-up.
A lack of self-reflection: I guess it has a lot to do with maturity.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it tends to be overenthusiasm and Ne going overboard on the associations that they themselves trigger with what they're saying or that get triggered by what you're saying. It also tends to lead to overassociating with things they've experienced before and therefore can lead to jumping to conclusions.

Listening is something that ENFPs consciously have to learn how to do, coz they burst of enthusiasm to bond with you and share what's going on in their mind...which unfortunately is going a million ideas a minute :blush: :doh:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Haha, had a good laugh with this thread....

Flaky = not following through, missing things, forgetting things.

YES! Guilty!

I gotta say, with my limited experience, I'm a fan of ENFPs :)

You totally keep the conversation going, can talk about almost anything and you're generally awesome!

...and we talk and talk and talk and talk until we bore ourselves. At least I do. :laugh: :doh:

ENFPs can be annoying - making you enthousiastic about the next get-together and coming way too late... Quite annoying, especially if the event is a role-playing evening you are organizing with a lot of other people, too.
But, as forgetting about appointments is a sin I would commit too... let's call it even, okay?
Seriously, I know at least one ENFP in real life - and she totally rocks.

Lol, says the ENTP! :smile:

I'm a little late but, From the ENFPs i've met, It seems like they just wait to talk.. Like they don't actually listen to what I say. Also, the one's I've met, seem like even when they don't know what they're talking about, they pretend they do and when they're wrong about something, they don't like to admit it. The few that I know say some really embarrassing things out loud too.. Things I wouldn't even let myself say to my friends..

Obviously that's not all ENFPs, just the few that I know personally.

Yes, talking too much to too many people in every occasion until.... oh god. I even bore myself with my talking. But I cannot stop, I cannot stop, I'm totally addicted to talking. :horor:

:laugh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it tends to be overenthusiasm and Ne going overboard on the associations that they themselves trigger with what they're saying or that get triggered by what you're saying. It also tends to lead to overassociating with things they've experienced before and therefore can lead to jumping to conclusions.

Listening is something that ENFPs consciously have to learn how to do, coz they burst of enthusiasm to bond with you and share what's going on in their mind...which unfortunately is going a million ideas a minute :blush: :doh:

true...not that the reason justifies it but yeah it is that...just excited to share something you made us think of before we loose it or the topic gets changed...i think we like ping pong style conversation or something.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm pretty sure I annoy some people. And short attention span can be the bane of the existence of a type which generally wants to make others feel at least somewhat appreciated.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
true...not that the reason justifies it but yeah it is that...just excited to share something you made us think of before we loose it or the topic gets changed...
Yep.