• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP are we annoying? Be honest. What do you really think?

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe that's it... But I've known some super aloof INTJ's I had to puzzle information out of, like they were making me work for the privilege of learning about them. Defense mechanism makes sense.

The thing is, because ENFP talks a lot more than me, I worry that they might spill all my secrets without realising.

On reflection, I guess that's a bit daft as reasoning goes, since trust is different from talkativeness. I didn't intend any insult, I was just trying to think what the reason was why I might not want to confide in one.
:hug:

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
The thing is, because ENFP talks a lot more than me, I worry that they might spill all my secrets without realising.

On reflection, I guess that's a bit daft as reasoning goes, since trust is different from talkativeness. I didn't intend any insult, I was just trying to think what the reason was why I might not want to confide in one.
:hug:

That's probably a fair concern, especially with less mature ENFP's. I used to get myself into a LOT if trouble by unwittingly telling secrets that I had no idea were secrets. We're just so open that we assume everyone else is the same way and honestly don't realize our mistake.

It was very difficult for me when I was younger to have people I cared for upset with me and not really understanding why. It was a process to learn what was OK to share abs what was off limits.

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's probably a fair concern, especially with less mature ENFP's. I used to get myself into a LOT if trouble by unwittingly telling secrets that I had no idea were secrets. We're just so open that we assume everyone else is the same way and honestly don't realize our mistake.

It was very difficult for me when I was younger to have people I cared for upset with me and not really understanding why. It was a process to learn what was OK to share abs what was off limits.

I'd have been in the category of those who got upset with you...although what might have happened would have been that I would back away quietly - I'd not have confronted nor mentioned it, so you'd never have found out why I'd backed off...

It's funny how it works, really. I'd have felt like I'd mucked up by not making it clear it wasn't for sharing, even if it was only what flavour crisps I liked the best, and the ENFP would perhaps wonder why anyone even cared about their privacy and feel they had mucked up without realising ...so easily as that, miscommunication happens. :mellow:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(1) ENFP's exaggerate everything. Sometimes, I am reasonable in stating that it is no more an exaggeration, but a lie. (3 dogs is not equal to 5 dogs)

False, don't confuse our enthusiasm for exaggeration, we have INTEGRITY, I tell it like it is, period.

(2) ENFP's flirt with everyone. They will flirt with you until they are bored, and then, move on to the next subject. Therfore, all of the promises they make are usually flaky.

I can see how people can perceive us to be this way, yes, we are flirtatious, yes, we can be very flaky, but we have good intentions, and how is it our fault that we are deeply interested in deep and interesting people!!!

(3) ENFP's will do almost anything (or say anything) to please others.

Kinda true, le sigh, this is somewhat of a flaw of mine, at least, if I care about you, I will most likely put your needs before mine, working on this though. :)

(4) ENFP's are so convinced about a certain "truth" that they will refuse to acknowledge that they are wrong. Thus, they are dogmatic in their beliefs.

I am dogmatic to an extent in some of my strong beliefs, but I will ALWAYS concede when I am, in fact, wrong, I never want to be "right" I just want to understand things, from all perspectives/sides/angles, I want to get as close as I can to ascertaining the Truth :)

(5) ENFP's think they know what's best for you.

Can be true, I think this, but I won't impose it, if that makes sense.

(6) ENFP's are always talking.

FALSE!!! UGH!!! BIGGEST FUCKING MISCONCEPTION!!!

I am a great listener, an active listener, I care to get to know you, and understand what you're thinking/feeling, and how do I accomplish this?

By listening, and asking pertinent questions.

In all of my close relationships, romantic and platonic, my partners do most of the talking.

This sounds like a cross between INFJ and ENFP. like both are merged into one entity.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys I can't stop talking halp

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maintains control and does cannonball into pool, splashing the hell out of you in my wake.

throws

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't mind ENFPs as long as they aren't the sort to push for a new "hostility" policy just because they're pissed at NTP family members/exes, and delight in manipulating INTJs. Jim Morrison was an ENFP, and he was kind of awesome.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you guys think that ENFP's are awkward or annoying or talk too much?
Are we boring? Do you think you can "spot someone who is extroverting Intuition?
What do you guys think?
ENFPs do you get hated on? Other types what do you think? chime in... I'm curious. Anything you can add is good.

^ Ne-HD.

(Extroverted Intuitive Hyperactivity Disorder)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't find the ENFPs I know to be loud. Or, at least that trait doesn't stand out as bothersome. I kind of like boisterous people.

I do find ENFPs moodiness difficult to maneuver sometimes.

Inability to "own your shit" would be top of my list. It's difficult to get an enfp to admit fault or they made a wrong choice. I think this is because if they think their intentions were good then the means justify the ends.

This can be a slippery slope to selfishness and "la-la-la. I'm not hearing you!" *fingers in ears* type behavior. I guess admitting fault can feel shame-inducing for the ENFP, which sends them into a weird pity party style moping.

This has been my experience with ENFP. I just think that part is too bad. I wish I could give them a thicker skin and/or give them a stronger ability to see shame or guilt doesn't have to come from inadvertently hurting someone.

Fault and blame don't taste the same.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No? ENFPs are cute :flirty:. Some of the most interesting people I've met have likely been ENFPs (I don't mean that in like a passive-aggressive way at all!).

Hell, I've met people who were probably IxTx's who I've had trouble being around because they grinder my gears. But is that to say all IxTx's are like that? You bet they're not.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I like ENFPs, but I've learned not to lend them any of my belongings, because they always forget to give them back. Always.

My ENFP best friend has even taken stuff I lent her to Goodwill. :fpalm:

hahaha omg that's SO sad! I'm sorry to hear that, but along with that image, I'm just cracking up. I'm actually pretty good about returning my friend's things, but if I ever lend stuff out or give money for friends to borrow, I forget that stuff almost immediately. The only reason I get it back most of the time is because other people aren't me.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well, this I guess explains why my supposed friends in middle school thought I was annoying cause I probably was :/ I've chilled down since then (having people tell you they were only your friend cause they felt sorry for you stings and at a young age kinda leaves a lasting effect). I'm probably still annoying as an adult though. I should ask people...

Wow, that's really messed up of your middle school friends to say. Well us ENFPs are pretty awesome and life is too short to be around those that don't appreciate our attributes.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm just going to say that something that irritates me about myself and is something I have no doubt, irritates my ENTJ brother and father is that I am often super indecisive with, anything! Politics, nope, I don't really have a strong stance on anything. Important decisions in life will take me FOREVER to decide on. And even when left to my own devices, I can never decide what to do with myself on my days off. There have been many times where I would decide what to do, then get on the subway towards that destination, then before even getting there, I'd lose interest in that thought and get off the train to go elsewhere! There have literally been days where I'd spend a good chunk of it riding the rails because I keep getting on and off, changing my mind about where to go and what to do. :doh:

This indecisiveness is what allows me to see multiple perspectives and a free-flowing creativity with ideas galore, but this very sporadic nature is also such a nuisance. I can only guess how annoying it can be for other people that know me. :(