• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP are we annoying? Be honest. What do you really think?

sculpting

Oh, you guys know I do love to poke holes....Here are some external observation of how ENFPs can be annoying from an Fe observation point. Best to understand honestly how we can sometimes be seen, in order to decide if that is a characteristic we choose to modify. But yup, ouch.

"I find that ENFP's are confrontational and can be incredibly critical of others .. if someone dares to challenge their views in a constructive manner, they actually seem closed minded. Now just because i think this doesn't mean that the individual has not gone away and accessed this information and took it on board. You rarely get to see that though.

I do believe that some are projecting and making assumptions .. Noone seems to ask what you mean by that, just jump to whichever conclusion relates to their experience. Nothing is set in stone though.
Maybe that is the difference between literally and figuratively speaking.

The nastiness .. What a vicious tongue you lot can have ..

The superiority complex .. Where is the modesty? "

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quick question. When an ENFP is lost in thoughts, does it annoy them for someone to popup, distract them, say Hi, then just leave....Now that I think about it, even if it does annoy I might do it anyway...so maybe I should ask...How much does it annoy?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
um...i'm thinking yes.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Wouldnt that be annoying for anyone? You're working and someone says hi and then leaves?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wouldnt that be annoying for anyone? You're working and someone says hi and then leaves?

not for me, doesnt really distract me when someone gets my attention say hi and leaves. Ok, I wont do it.:blush: I get the impression it distracts them so I wasnt sure.

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
One young male ENFP needed constant reassurance that his acne problem was not that bad. That was a bit annoying. My saying that I had seen teenagers with worse skin than him, did not sound very encouraging and he slumped visibly! LOL. Don't think it's an ENFP problem specifically. I think it's more a teenager problem with image and trying to please the girls.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
not for me, doesnt really distract me when someone gets my attention say hi and leaves. Ok, I wont do it.:blush: I get the impression it distracts them so I wasnt sure.

Really *really* depends on what I'm working on. If it's nothing that needs to be finished any time now, or for work or what not, you'll get a befuddled look if you're lucky, otherwise I might not even register it. Hope that wouldn't offend you :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really *really* depends on what I'm working on. If it's nothing that needs to be finished any time now, or for work or what not, you'll get a befuddled look if you're lucky, otherwise I might not even register it. Hope that wouldn't offend you :D

Nah, just cause me to look for another way to befuddle you. Emotions are fun to play with:D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uh huh...do it when I am working on something important, you'll get ignored or shortly answered...keep bugging me (like two or three times after that) and prepare yourself to be snapped at and possibly yelled at if you then also dare to talk back at me :alttongue:

KDude

actually, i can feel that way too. i'd think many people like some space/privacy. it depends though. i generally close the door or something if i don't want to be bothered. or at least, get away if i need to do someone alone. problem solved.

not cool to fuck with people's emotions btw. i don't know about enfps, but there's no point in doing anything but fighting if that's the case. why would you intentionally want that?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
STPs tend to like pushing people's buttons. They don't automatically go for pissing you off though, though some do.

Most just enjoy getting a reaction out of people, and that includes emotions such as giddiness, awkwardness, snarkiness, competitiveness, etc etc. I just spent the entire day with my ISTP boss today and we did nothing but exchange verbal jabs and comments, something he *always* starts coz he somehow enjoys my reaction to what he does. It unnerved me at first, and sometimes still does, but it's also tons of fun :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
actually, i can feel that way too. i'd think many people like some space/privacy. it depends though. i generally close the door or something if i don't want to be bothered. or at least, get away if i need to do someone alone. problem solved.

not cool to fuck with people's emotions btw. i don't know about enfps, but there's no point in doing anything but fighting if that's the case. why would you intentionally want that?

I draw a line between confrontational and playing which is defined by the other person, not myself.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
STPs tend to like pushing people's buttons. They don't automatically go for pissing you off though, though some do.

Most just enjoy getting a reaction out of people, and that includes emotions such as giddiness, awkwardness, snarkiness, competitiveness, etc etc. I just spent the entire day with my ISTP boss the entire day today and we did nothing but exchange verbal jabs and comments, something he *always* starts coz he somehow enjoys my reaction to what he does. It unnerved me at first, and sometimes still does, but it's also tons of fun :D

Starting sht w/ an ENFP is always fun. =)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Starting sht w/ an ENFP is always fun. =)

Somehow I always end up telling him thigns I regret afterwards, and he teases me with for weeks :doh:
Then again, I get to tease him with the fact that he has yet to beat me on the workfloor result-wise. I love exploiting that competitive streak of his :devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

haha...well i'd hope so!! :cheese:

KDude

Somehow I always end up telling him thigns I regret afterwards, and he teases me with for weeks :doh:
Then again, I get to tease him with the fact that he has yet to beat me on the workfloor result-wise. I love exploiting that competitive streak of his :devil:

Hmm, I guess I know to never type myself as ENFP if I ever doubt my own again. :D They sound cool with this.

Then again, I'm OK if it's coming from a female. With guys, I've never understood where many are coming from. But that's probably for another thread, I guess.

haha...well i'd hope so!! :cheese:

lol freudian slip

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Most just enjoy getting a reaction out of people, and that includes emotions such as giddiness, awkwardness, snarkiness, competitiveness, etc etc. I just spent the entire day with my ISTP boss today and we did nothing but exchange verbal jabs and comments, something he *always* starts coz he somehow enjoys my reaction to what he does. It unnerved me at first, and sometimes still does, but it's also tons of fun :D

For me it's about finding limits. I like seeing where people's lines are drawn. It tells me a lot about their character real fast.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
ENFPs only annoy me when I already dislike them. My closest friend is an ENFP and she whines to me constantly and is quite the drama queen, but she never annoys me. I just steer her in a different direction when I get bored of the conversation and she's quite pliable.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me it's about finding limits. I like seeing where people's lines are drawn. It tells me a lot about their character real fast.

For me its about playing with lines. I learn about character over time.

Bassai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you guys think that ENFP's are awkward or annoying or talk too much? No, maybe awkard sometime cause of their lack of thinking and sometime selfish.

Are we boring?
No't really

Do you think you can "spot someone who is extroverting Intuition?
Yes, i love Ie. :hug:

What do you guys think?
ENFP can be very sweet when they are not immature.