• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP are we annoying? Be honest. What do you really think?

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
Do you guys think that ENFP's are awkward or annoying or talk too much?
Are we boring? Do you think you can "spot someone who is extroverting Intuition?
What do you guys think?
ENFPs do you get hated on? Other types what do you think? chime in... I'm curious. Anything you can add is good.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Only annoying when your feelings are hurt over things don't matter and you get all defensive. And compared to ESFPs, you do not talk too much.

Have a hug :hug:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:hug:

ENFPs are flaky. That's my biggest complaint. But from the forums, I understand why they are flaky, and I totally love them anyway.

NFPs are like cats. You can't expect their affection. They don't come when called. They aren't going to follow your orders. But if they love you...they will come 'round every once and awhile and purr by your leg...even jump up on top of your shoulders if you're sitting and do the same...it's moments like that, that make me absoleutely love NFPs. Unconditionally. You guys rock!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only issue I have had persistently with ENFPs (and only with about 30-40% of them) is that they have been prone to ignore what I share and try to tell me what I'm "really" thinking and feeling, if they have strong beliefs on the matter that preclude my experience as being true to them. I have found there's no point in even talking to them.

Aside from an occasional run-in with an ornery INTJ, I've never found this with any other N types I'm friends with. I thought the ENFPs would flex a lot more, but the friendships actually have been irrevocably damaged by how they would just basically tell me my own feelings and thoughts couldn't be true because they couldn't accept they were true.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That's not really what you feel, Jennifer.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
The only issue I have had persistently with ENFPs (and only with about 30-40% of them) is that they have been prone to ignore what I share and try to tell me what I'm "really" thinking and feeling, if they have strong beliefs on the matter that preclude my experience as being true to them. I have found there's no point in even talking to them.

Aside from an occasional run-in with an ornery INTJ, I've never found this with any other N types I'm friends with. I thought the ENFPs would flex a lot more, but the friendships actually have been irrevocably damaged by how they would just basically tell me my own feelings and thoughts couldn't be true because they couldn't accept they were true.

that sucks!

btw, i don't think u really met those enfp's, they were just a figment of your.... ( IM JUST KIDDING HAHAHA)

Jaguar

I thought the ENFPs would flex a lot more, but the friendships actually have been irrevocably damaged by how they would just basically tell me my own feelings and thoughts couldn't be true because they couldn't accept they were true.

ENFP or no ENFP, how the hell do you have a conversation with someone like that? :huh:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

ENFPs are flaky. That's my biggest complaint. But from the forums, I understand why they are flaky, and I totally love them anyway.

I can't speak for all ENFPs since I only know one well enough. But he IS flaky as hell, yo. I've come to understand it is part of his nature but ENFPs need to be careful they do not neglect people and things after they seemed so excited and committed to them just a short time before. I do think it is an NFP thing, since I do it too, but ENFPs are more 'out there' dealing with external things so there is more chances for them to flake out of events or neglect people because their interests are always jumping around everywhere.

biggest advice for ENFPs: Don't make promises/commitments you can't keep.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I KNOW I can be annoying.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

NFPs are like cats. You can't expect their affection. They don't come when called. They aren't going to follow your orders. But if they love you...they will come 'round every once and awhile and purr by your leg...even jump up on top of your shoulders if you're sitting and do the same...it's moments like that, that make me absoleutely love NFPs. Unconditionally. You guys rock!

I think NFP love is very sincere, because of our Fi. You can at least count that as a plus. I actually have a Mandarin symbol tatooed on my left arm that means "sincere" - and it's kind of a joke because when I was younger I was so honest about how I felt about people, occasionally to the point of being rude.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I'd say with the ENFP's I know (and love) that they can disappoint me. They seem (well, the one's I know) to forget lots of important shit because they have other things on their minds, and it's frustrating. I wouldn't say they annoy me though, I find them way to hilarious to be annoying. I forgive almost everything for a good sense of humor.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Around my SJ family members.. I think they find me hella annoying, even when I'm trying my best to accommodate.

With others? I know when/when not to cross boundaries.

One thing that I have a major dislike for is forcing my opinions onto others. I see it as a form of self-projection. I still won't try to cram my views on others, especially when it concerns who they are, their choices, etc. I know how to separate my issues from their's.

If I'm strongly passionate about something, I get pretty passionate. In that regard? I think I can come off as a bit much..

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
go home, steve.

ENFPs have never been known to be annoying..

20080918114101-steve-urkel.jpg

Ever.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen 2 sides of ENFPs.
One side of them can get annoying.
The other side of them can be quite interesting.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Oh yeah.. 4getting things is something I need to learn not to do..

If someone's going to go into details and hit me with a bunch of info all at the same time.. it goes right out the other ear, with a few exceptions of listening to the major points of interest, and then everything else just feels like a blur..

Time management? Another one.

Must confess- even though these things annoy me about myself, in some ways, I kinda like the experience.. :)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
can be really annoying, mostly or allmoast never are tho. not because boring or talking too much. extraverted intuition is the easiest function to spot imo, usually i see it allmoast instantly

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you guys think that ENFP's are awkward or annoying or talk too much?
Are we boring? Do you think you can "spot someone who is extroverting Intuition?
What do you guys think?
ENFPs do you get hated on? Other types what do you think? chime in... I'm curious. Anything you can add is good.

I don't find ENFPs awkward. They seem pretty comfortable socially. I enjoy that in social situations they banish awkwardness but usually don't have to be in the spotlight. I have great ESFPs in my life, but they often need a spotlight on them...

ENFPs can be annoying in that they may have a constant stream of talk and most I've known are LOUD. Unlike most people, they seem to mellow with age and get less loud though. I also find they can be moody and temperamental, but so am I, so I cannot criticize that too much :tongue:.

I've had several close ENFP female friends throughout the years, and the most disturbing trends I've noticed is 1) a tendency to lie for attention or to have a very distorted view of things and 2) a tendency to become jealous of those they love/admire. I've known ENFPs who were NOT like that at all, and I don't think it's an ENFP trait so much as a common ways they go "bad".

I can spot extroverted intuition pretty well. Most of the time, it's a realization that we're communicating on a similar wavelength.

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
So far people have said from direct quotes taken from your comments:
the following about ENFP's

"Get hurt over things don't matter" and become "defensive"
"ENFPs are flaky."
"Ignore what I share and try to tell me what I'm "really" thinking and feeling."
Can be Dogmatic, when has "strong beliefs"
"Have trouble keeping promises"
Can "lie"
I hate it when they are "Absentminded"
"Doesn’t listen to what I say"
Can be "moody"
"Constantly talking"
"Loud"
Overly sensitive
"Distorted" view of reality

I think we have a working diagnosis for ADHD here guys. Break out the Adderall!
(ENFP's can use humor as a defense mechanism because they expect to be humiliated)