• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Dear INFJs: Do you love animals?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love my cat.. he's my buddy.
Actually all cats absolutely love me.
There is no rational line of reasoning for this.

Beyond that, I wouldn't say I have any great passion for animals. I appreciate them, and like having them around.. I don't hold them in any higher regard than humans, nor do I have less respect for them.. aside from the fact that I'll eat and wear some of them [animals, I mean]. :cheese:

P

Phantonym

Well, I do. They're so fluffy, if they are the fluffy kind. :wubbie: :laugh:

With pets, it's about knowing that no matter what, they'll always be there for you. It's actually a reciprocal relationship, you have the responsibility to take care of your pets but in turn you'll be greatly rewarded as well. Maybe it is only about "Feed me and I'll let you pet me" but it still feels nice, knowing that some being depends on you, no questions asked. Sometimes it feels good not questioning their love for you if you treat them well. You might not get that with human beings all the time.

With wild animals, I guess I sometimes envy their simplistic life. Feed yourself, keep warm, procreate and die. No existential crises, no need to want more than what you can have. Well, who knows what really goes on in the animal kingdom but still, it seems simplistic enough. :laugh:

Either way, what's not to love.

I don't hold them in any higher regard than humans, nor do I have less respect for them.. aside from the fact that I'll eat and wear some of them [animals, I mean]. :cheese:

+1 to that as well.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not particularly. Fluffy animals are cute, but I think people are more interesting.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I do not. Animal emotions (if present) don't work like people emotions, and that kind of messes with my head. :huh: I enjoy their presence somewhat if they don't stink, I'm not solely responsible for them, and they don't jump/claw/knead/bark/scratch/peck/scramble in my personal space. :blush:

I'm such a grinch!! :doh::cry:

That said, I do like birds quite a bit. :wubbie: (Wild. Outside.)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just wondering. Why does an ENTP care about what INFJs think about animals? Something smells quite fishy.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just wondering. Why does an ENTP care about what INFJs think about animals? Something seems quite fishy.

He's planning on surprising his INFJ love interest with a cute, fluffy animal?

He's wondering why all the INFJs he knows love animals?

I don't know.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
IME, animals as gifts are almost always a really bad idea. :ninja:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's planning on surprising his INFJ love interest with a cute, fluffy animal?

He's wondering why all the INFJs he knows love animals?

I don't know.
First one doesn't seem like something an ENTP would do.

Second one he could just ask them himself.

...I say he's probably planning something for revenge against an INFJ using animals.

P

Phantonym

IME, animals as gifts are almost always a really bad idea. :ninja:

I can second that. Unless the person explicitly expresses a wish to get an animal as a gift, never give people animals as gifts no matter how cute the idea sounds to you or how cute and fluffy the animal is.

...I say he's probably planning something for revenge against an INFJ using animals.

:laugh: Sounds intriguing. :popc1:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First one doesn't seem like something an ENTP would do.

Second one he could just ask them himself.

Why not? INFJs are ENTPs' kryptonite (and vice versa).

But it's more interesting and less invasive if he isn't sure about how to approach the INFJs, to just ask on a forum full of them.

Your Ni runneth amok, my friend.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why not? INFJs are ENTPs' kryptonite (and vice versa).

But it's more interesting and less invasive if he isn't sure about how to approach the INFJs, to just ask on a forum full of them.

Your Ni runneth amok, my friend.
For an introvert.

I'm sure there is something deeper here. Seriously wtf is an ENTP doing asking about whether INFJs love animals? Animals! All he'll gain here is why an INFJ would love animals. It's like, "hey, I love animals because they are cute"... I learnt some fascinating knowledge today! He'd do better making a general thread for all types and learning about why every type would like or hate an animal. Then that could be used more usefully towards life.

P

Phantonym

He'd do better making a general thread for all types and learning about why every type would like or hate an animal. Then that could be used more usefully towards life.

Give him some time. I'm sure he'll make 15 more threads. :devil:

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i like small animals

i'm scared of big dogs and horses off the top of my mind

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For an introvert.

For an extravert as well, but what I meant by that is he may not want to ask the INFJ questions that may seem like he is prying. Or he wants a wider, more diverse group of INFJs.

I'm sure there is something deeper here. Seriously wtf is an ENTP doing asking about whether INFJs love animals? Animals! All he'll gain here is why an INFJ would love animals. It's like, "hey, I love animals because they are cute"... I learnt some fascinating knowledge today! He'd do better making a general thread for all types and learning about why every type would like or hate an animal. Then that could be used more usefully towards life.
ENTPs don't generally strike me as the type that is particularly interested in doing the most "useful" thing...

Anyway, seems like a harmless question to me (I wouldn't read too much into this either way though). The OP has already confessed his love of INFJs a couple of times on this forum, so it would be odd if he were now planning a stealthy attack on them. Then again, supposedly there is a thin line between love and hate.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
If so, why? Thank you!

I love animals and all life in general. I usually have a dog that is well cared for and loved and trained. I also dont kill spiders or ants and such I just catch them and let them go outside, if its winter time I let them go in my cellar lol.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTPs don't generally strike me as the type that is particularly interested in doing the most "useful" thing...
Oh ENTPs love to gather useful knowledge so they can carry out their eccentric plans (which can be useless).
Anyway, seems like a harmless question to me (I wouldn't read too much into this either way though). The OP has already confessed his love of INFJs a couple of times on this forum, so it would be odd if he were now planning a stealthy attack on them. Then again, supposedly there is a thin line between love and hate.
An ENTP who expresses his love for INFJs so quickly when he has not gone over 20 posts?

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
He obviously is looking for an INFJ mate, probably because ENFP and ENTPs are supposed to be a match.