• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Dear INFJs: Do you love animals?

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I adore animals. I work with them actually, I'm into the whole animal care... thing. Ever since I was a kid I've been interested in all things animal related; I'd spend more time watching wildlife documentaries on TV than I would cartoons, heh. I find the natural world fascinating, but on a pet level I appreciate animals because they're less draining to be around than people and are very emotionally rewarding. That's not to say I don't like people of course, but there's not much that can make you feel more welcome than coming home to a dog who has been waiting for you.

S

Sniffles

Yes I love animals, but I find people more interesting as well.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes they do, without exception.

Brilliant thread, by the way. Very insightful.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes they do, without exception.

Brilliant thread, by the way. Very insightful.

Agreed. I'm going to go out and get my INFJ best friend a pet RIGHT NOW! Since he hates animals and all. :D

I suppose INFJs are immune to being allergic to animals as well.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If you're hot your husband would probably do the same.

Maybe, but I don't think there are many men who can successfully mimic the puppy-dog eyes. This puts dogs at a significant advantage. ;)

Hotherym

MBTI Type
INFU
I adore animals. I work with them actually, I'm into the whole animal care... thing. Ever since I was a kid I've been interested in all things animal related; I'd spend more time watching wildlife documentaries on TV than I would cartoons, heh. I find the natural world fascinating, but on a pet level I appreciate animals because they're less draining to be around than people and are very emotionally rewarding. That's not to say I don't like people of course, but there's not much that can make you feel more welcome than coming home to a dog who has been waiting for you.

Totally this.

I don't see a huge rift between other animals and humans; every single individual species is fascinating to me. Absolutely my biggest interest is the natural sciences and all that encompasses (including humans), so I don't really have a single focus, though I do have an affinity for the arthropods.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not a fan of people, so I like animals more. I can blame instinct and a lower IQ for their more selfish actions. I can't do that for people. Also, they don't talk. Conversation is overrated and trying, and I think just lying next to my cat that I can have a more meaningful moment than I have all day at work.

Also, I'm a vegetarian. It's sort of expected that most vegetarians care about animals. :p

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I love my cat.. he's my buddy.
Actually all cats absolutely love me.
There is no rational line of reasoning for this.

Beyond that, I wouldn't say I have any great passion for animals. I appreciate them, and like having them around.. I don't hold them in any higher regard than humans, nor do I have less respect for them.. aside from the fact that I'll eat and wear some of them [animals, I mean]. :cheese:

I love cat's as well, they are my favourite animal. So lithe and languid till they turn into little fluffy balls of action. I think cats are introverts.

I've always found animals easier to understand than people. Animals make sense. Within the confines of their limited intelligence, they seem to act quite logically. With time, communication becomes easier. If my cat is standing on the bed wowing at me, I know that it is because she wants the covers straightened out before she lies down. If she is wowing by her dish, which is mostly still full, it means she wants me to push the meat back into the centre so she can eat some more (she has few teeth, and finds it hard to eat if the food is around the edge of the dish). I wish I could get that sort of clear communication with human beings. I guess that's just an INTJ thing. Or maybe its just me.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love animals because they're so human but at the same time so easy to bond with. They have all the emotions we have. It's never-ending fascinating to learn their body language and how they express themselves, like certain postures of their ears and tails, or things they make up themselves that are individual to them. It delights me when they express their personalities.

WhereAreMyKeys

MBTI Type
infp
I love cat's as well, they are my favourite animal. So lithe and languid till they turn into little fluffy balls of action. I think cats are introverts.

I've always found animals easier to understand than people. Animals make sense. Within the confines of their limited intelligence, they seem to act quite logically. With time, communication becomes easier. If my cat is standing on the bed wowing at me, I know that it is because she wants the covers straightened out before she lies down. If she is wowing by her dish, which is mostly still full, it means she wants me to push the meat back into the centre so she can eat some more (she has few teeth, and finds it hard to eat if the food is around the edge of the dish). I wish I could get that sort of clear communication with human beings. I guess that's just an INTJ thing. Or maybe its just me.

Andy, WOW! It is interesting that you can ascertain her communications so exactly. I especially find that I communicate well with horses. I remember telling an acquaintance that I preferred horses to people because horses don't negate my observations with words. For instance, if a horse becomes frightened by a bag blowing around, the horse doesn't try to pretend that the bag didn't really frighten him. Horse gets frightened, I observe it and then go get the bag, show him it isn't scary. Problem solved! With humans, the situation many times ends like this: "What do you mean? I'm not scared of the bag. Why would you think I'm scared of a BAG? What do you think you are a mind reader or something...????":doh:

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram

**peers past the screen** Are you my husband? That's so much like him!

Edasich

Enneagram
4w5
I do not. Animal emotions (if present) don't work like people emotions
They may not be present to the same degree as in humans, but they definitely still 'work' and are present. Walk inside a factory farm where the majority of your meat and dairy come from, and tell me that the animals aren't depressed.

INFJ and animal lover

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
She hasn't met me. :devil:

:laugh: I am now quite scared...

They may not be present to the same degree as in humans, but they definitely still 'work' and are present. Walk inside a factory farm where the majority of your meat and dairy come from, and tell me that the animals aren't depressed.

*insert images here*

INFJ and animal lover

I support this here post 100%. Animal emotions are, at the core, the same as ours in my opinion. They just have much less complicated triggers.

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
I support this here post 100%. Animal emotions are, at the core, the same as ours in my opinion. They just have much less complicated triggers.

The dogs in my family have always been treated like human beings. For example, we talk to them like they were kids. Consequently, they have become extremely intelligent and capable of understanding sentences.

For example, just a while ago my mom told the dog: "I'm sorry, but you're not coming with us this time. We'll have to leave you alone for a while". The dog stared at my mom in complete shock and then left the room head down. Then we started to hear crying... The dog was at the other end of the house lying on a sofa, whimpering head down with wet eyes. It was a miserable sight. And all this *before* the dog was actually left alone. She understood what was coming and had an emotional reaction.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Andy, WOW! It is interesting that you can ascertain her communications so exactly. I especially find that I communicate well with horses. I remember telling an acquaintance that I preferred horses to people because horses don't negate my observations with words. For instance, if a horse becomes frightened by a bag blowing around, the horse doesn't try to pretend that the bag didn't really frighten him. Horse gets frightened, I observe it and then go get the bag, show him it isn't scary. Problem solved! With humans, the situation many times ends like this: "What do you mean? I'm not scared of the bag. Why would you think I'm scared of a BAG? What do you think you are a mind reader or something...????":doh:

Precisely. There is no deception with animals. The messages they send are genuine, it just a matter of interpretation. It helps that their motivations are simpler too.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
**peers past the screen** Are you my husband? That's so much like him!

I don't recall getting married, but then again , I have terrible memory for social events.