• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How to hold an NF forever ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you dont know what love is

If you get frequently told "you only show me your love when doing that special activity xyz"

When you constantly feel like you have to be on the watchout for making no mistakes

When you have not a single clue why she wants you after 4 years

When you dont even know on her birthday if its was 25 or 24 years

When you are labeled to be someone without humor and if you make a joke you are labeled malign

When you sometimes feel like you would have to end your own whole life just to make things right for her

When you constantly say things the wrong way tho you didnt mean no harm at all

----------------

When she is the most important thing you ever achieved in your life and you'ld rather die alone and let vermin feast on your rugged body than to ever loose that person again that makes you happy by just ringing your doorbell ?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
To keep an NF all you need to do is be perfect to their ever changing ideas of perfection!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...you realize that she dates you for a reason. That she loves you for a reason. That you are entitled to make mistakes and she's entitled to bitch about them occasionally, and vice versa. And you let her know how you feel and ask her to do the same.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya but if she wouldnt speak spanish and I wouldnt speak canadian, it would prolly work better

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You underestimate the power of bodylanguage :devil:

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Somehow, for whatever reason, you are still together after 4 years. You have history in your favor. Do you have any idea what her (and your) love languages are? Make it a topic of conversation. ---Print what you posted and share it with her - though NF is still a broad category so... this INFP would be touched that her partner trusted her to help sort through some of this.

Just my 2c worth.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stop inhaling my fairy dust. *dainty glove slap to your chest* You big beastly NT man!

Ok. You can inhale some more of it. I know how much you love fairy dust. :hug: Just don't let it spoil your dinner this time!

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I'll bet your NF is able to see the fact that you care, despite your lack of faith in the way you show it. You'd be surprised how well some NFs are able to accept affection and translate it into their own language.

Do you know what means a lot to her? Even if you find it boring, can you make an effort in that direction a couple time a week? That's doable, and I bet the effort won't go unnoticed. If it does, point it out, and the fact that you're even trying will go a long, long way. :wubbie:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Try food and grooming, works just fine.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
To be honest with you, the greatest thing I'ld like to achieve would be that not I am the only one who always does things her way, but that she does start to understand my ways too.

For the sake of type definition, its so easy to say a NT could be viewen as an emotional retard but then again, there must be a common ground in any difference, therefore I can not accept this to be the sole truth.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vdwc1eKlpk"].[/YOUTUBE]

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Oh, yeah...didn't mean that. Actually, I suspect you are more emotionally intelligent than you let on sometimes. :hug: And I think recognizing that you need to be valued for who you are and that she needs to step into your world, too, is pretty self aware. Have you said that to her?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not yet, but I will any moment, that's why I am gaining strength here :)

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
You can totally do it. Commence heartfelt and corny display of emotion:

:hug::static::thumbup::hug:

FWIW, whenever someone points out that I need to pull more weight in a relationship (gently, of course), I'm initially indignant, and then have quite a bit more respect for them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Comence la fete :D

You know what she told me ? She said that I have my mind crowded with serious life issues at the moment, like finishing my University and getting on with my job and my ideas for an own business some day to get the money for family.

I told her that I am stuffed up and unrelaxed at the moment and dont know why and she not just only explained it to me, but gave me backup at the same time.

I know you are prolly waiting for a turning point right now cause I always have one at this point, but no there aint one.

I do love her very much. In our first year we quitted our relationship over 20 times and in the second year over 10 times. Now in the fourth year, we havent quited our relationship even once and I know in the fifth year we will be aiming towards minus 10 times.

I dont know, it's ultimatively hard for a critic to have nothing to critic about.

I never would have imagined that I can be that good with a girl.

But I bragged enough now, you got your own problems. Thanks for your backup here, everyone !

Without the experience I gained here over the past year, I think I'ld be someone else today. If that would be good or not, I like to subjectively comment with no, I'ld hate it, most probably.

Therefore you earned yourself a cheesy lovesong ( at least the most cheesy techno song I found :D ):

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KnuJZkBjg"].[/YOUTUBE]

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you're that tense and need her to understand you better, you're going to have to allow yourself to be very vulnerable to her and open up about it honestly. NFs love that kind of intimacy and she'll see that you're sincere.

Good luck.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those behavior patterns ("damned if I do, damned if I don't") really seem quite NFesque to me :)
I experience something similar all the time - I'm never really satisfied, always asking myself if things couldn't be different, but different in a way I couldn't describe if I had to.
It can be either thrilling, exasperating, annoying or inspiring, and sometimes all of them at the same time. Don't expect that this changes in a fundamental way, but try to find a way in which the two of you can deal with it.

To be honest with you, the greatest thing I'ld like to achieve would be that not I am the only one who always does things her way, but that she does start to understand my ways too.

Seems very reasonable to me. And as the others have said, opening yourself up in such an important matter can really be a plus. After all, making your relationship more successful and rewarding for the both of you is what it's all about. :)

And as the WoodsWoman has pointed out: You have history in your favor, and from your posts it seems that you share this opinion.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ent, that's pretty cool. I understand about arguing like crazy and it getting less and less. That's how it works for me too.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Entropie, you're so sweet in this thread. :wubbie: I wish you luck!

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
If you dont know what love is

If you get frequently told "you only show me your love when doing that special activity xyz"

When you constantly feel like you have to be on the watchout for making no mistakes

When you have not a single clue why she wants you after 4 years

When you dont even know on her birthday if its was 25 or 24 years

When you are labeled to be someone without humor and if you make a joke you are labeled malign

When you sometimes feel like you would have to end your own whole life just to make things right for her

When you constantly say things the wrong way tho you didnt mean no harm at all

----------------

When she is the most important thing you ever achieved in your life and you'ld rather die alone and let vermin feast on your rugged body than to ever loose that person again that makes you happy by just ringing your doorbell ?

Turn in your ENTP card.......I couldn't believe what I just read! :doh:

j/k.........sort of. ;)