• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Female Signals

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
can't think of anything at the moment, but she's had bad past relationships which might mean something.

shadesofblue

MBTI Type
INFJ
other days she'll completely ignore me if I walk past her directly and say hi in college, or sometime she'll look really shy and uncomfortable around me when we're in the same room with other people but look at me every now and again with an embarrassed smile.

It sounds like she might like you (and a quite a bit at that). The whole attention/ignore dynamic is something I frequently find myself doing unintentionally when I like a guy. To a certain extent, I guess, there's always this fear that it's all in my head, so I ignore him so as not to make a fool of myself. Also, sometimes I just feel really shy and I don't know why, so I ignore the guy I have a mind-boggling crush on.:blushing: Needless to say, it's not a very effective wooing strategy.

If she's been ignoring you for a while, is it possible that she's started to give up that you could return her feelings? Have you specifically told her how you feel or made any open demonstrations of your affections?

decided

MBTI Type
INFJ
Haha @ two introverts interacting. So cute. One of you has got to get a little extrovert on here!

If you're brave enough, just start talking to her. Get her laughing and tell her some things about yourself. At the very least you can befriend her, no?

Oh, and INFJ friendships aren't casual. They tend to adore their closest friends, so be prepared for an intense-seeming relationship.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
She sent you what she probably regarded as clear signals of interest, and if you haven't reciprocated, she may have concluded that you aren't into her. The early ignoring could have just been shyness, not wanting to seem too forward, or trying not to scare you away, but now it's possible that her feelings are hurt or she's trying to move on.

Other explanations, too, but from the OP it really sounded like she liked you, so it would be strange for her to suddenly ignore you for no reason. Did you ever return the compliments, go out of your way to hang out or do nice things for her, find excuses to touch her hand, anything like that? Does she know you like her?

Also, everything decided wrote.

Last edited:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
infjs get confused very easily in these kinds of situations. unprocessed feelings with potential embarrassment or rejection are read into the world around us, especially people. sometimes infjs can avoid being direct so exaggeratedly, but crave a direct approach taken by someone else that will not allow the infj to get away.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I agree she's ignoring you because she gave you Go signals and you didn't make your move.

You could say "We haven't talked in awhile and I've missed you. Let's go ______ (fill in the blank, e.g. 'to a movie,' 'get a drink,' etc.)

FlusteredFeminist

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
IDK
I've been having a bit of the same thing actually. An INFJ girl I know, half the time, All I have to do is look at her and she is smiling so big and sometimes even looking down at her feet, but other times she deliberately ignores me, it's weird because she is my teacher, so it would be weird to think that she likes me but it's just weird. Please, I want to hear other people's thoughts on this. Every once in a while when I pass her in the hallway she will look at me for about a second, sometimes when there is no one else in the hallway, she will give me a "good morning" or a "hi, how are you". There was also one time she bailed me out of trouble from another teacher. I really want to hear other INFJ'S and people who have experience with INFJS or maybe even INTP thoughts on this.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How are people identifying all these INFJ's in their lives? It seems like everyone knows one and I don't. What am I missing?

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does it mean when an INFJ female always randomnly compliments me whenever we have a conversation and says things like I have the perfect face lol and that there's something cool about me which she can't put her finger on, then other days she'll completely ignore me if I walk past her directly and say hi in college, or sometime she'll look really shy and uncomfortable around me when we're in the same room with other people but look at me every now and again with an embarrassed smile. I've known for her a while and I'm and INTP male.

Ask her out before she mentally moves on.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you have Fi, it's like=none for you:(