• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Females: Is this an Si/Fi loop thing? Or do other NFs experience this too...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've noticed that when I am hormonal right before my "moon time" I seem to get stuck very much in an Fi/Si loop. Of course Fi would be stereotypically associated with PMS symptoms like over-sensitivity, irritability, and crying ... but I've noticed that around this time of the month not only do I become more emotional, tired, and inward-focused, but I also tend to become nostalgic for my childhood, or things that comforted me during my childhood and early adolescence. It's like I literally go into my girlishness.

For example, I'll listen to old music more from when I was a little kid, think about my past and dead relatives, and/or watch the sort of dreamy/romanticized movies or read the sort of books I liked in my very early teens.

Is this weird? It seems like the Fi/Si loop to me, but do other NF women experience this? I made this NF private forum because I didn't want any sarcastic or hurtful replies to this sensitive topic.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Is this weird? It seems like the Fi/Si loop to me, but do other NF women experience this? I made this NF private forum because I didn't want any sarcastic or hurtful replies to this sensitive topic.

I can't really say I relate to your Si coming out (I think I practically have none) but maybe it's an infp thing - don't you guys have Si as your third function or something ? So when under an emotional distress you might use it to reduce the stress, kind of like how for example infj's might rely to their Se.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I've noticed that when I am hormonal right before my "moon time" I seem to get stuck very much in an Fi/Si loop. Of course Fi would be stereotypically associated with PMS symptoms like over-sensitivity, irritability, and crying ... but I've noticed that around this time of the month not only do I become more emotional, tired, and inward-focused, but I also tend to become nostalgic for my childhood, or things that comforted me during my childhood and early adolescence. It's like I literally go into my girlishness.

For example, I'll listen to old music more from when I was a little kid, think about my past and dead relatives, and/or watch the sort of dreamy/romanticized movies or read the sort of books I liked in my very early teens.

I totally relate to everything you said, except, maybe.. I tend to get this way every now and then, other than when I'm on my period.. I relish in reliving those sentimental moments when something reminds me of the past.. In a way, it prevents me from really living in the moment and enjoying what I have now.

Then I start questioning whether or not the 'now,' is so great. If it were, then I wouldn't reminisce so much? For instance, I think music nowadays sucks. I basically play music I used to listen to in my teens (what I consider the golden age of music :)), and I watch old shows I used to like to watch.

When I'm about to get my you know what.. the Fi can be pretty intense too.. :doh:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can somewhat relate to the Fi piece, but as you suggest most women would experience that element to some degree, based on the hormone changes. For myself, it isn't so much crying/sensitivity, but just feeling very lonely, and my desire to be in a relationship is much more poignant than usual (ha), and I tend to be a bit sad, but in more of a reflective way.

I definitely don't experience anything related to nostalgia as it relates to hormone cycles....so while that part from the OP is interesting, it isn't a factor at all for me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's interesting that other NFs relate to the emotional part, but so far the only one who relates to the nostalgia is another NFP. It very well be an Fi/Si loop, then, for comfort or self-protection.

nzAShadow

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well I know I'm not a woman, but I am INfP and I experience this Fi/Si loop. For example, every time I feel stressed, I'll go back to playing my favorite game I played when I was younger. I swear I've explored every corner of FF7-8 and Tactics.