• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] The ENFJ Thread

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I decided to be prolific and create an ENFJ thread. Thoughts, questions, comments, concerning ENFJs today? So tired of the lack of ENFJness today. :)

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*grumbles* I guess I'll go start a cult to lead or something....*grumble* *grumble*

g_vartan

MBTI Type
ENFJ
eh. i'm kinda just tired of being enfj, as of late. i wish i didn't care so much, and had an ability to just let go of folks that are not good for me. i hate seeing opportunities/potential in people and situations that normal folks would have normally walked away from.

frustrating that i know i have to take care of myself more, yet i also know that i derive the greatest joy by taking care of others.

i'm just over it. i wish i were an intp sometimes... :dry:

(sorry, i know its a debbie downer post, but that's what i was thinking/feeling today.)

Last edited:

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*pats vartan on shoulder* It's cool, and I know what you mean. I have a lot of friends without jobs right now, and I often wonder...are they going to abandon me after they get paid?

The sad thing is, I know a few of them probably would, so I've stopped talking to them for awhile. I've gotta make sure that I'm cared for, and part of that is making friends with people who actually don't depend on me for ANYTHING.

g_vartan

MBTI Type
ENFJ
^ oh totally. i get you. the thing i get frustrated by are some of my friends who when THEY need me, i'm supposed to drop everything/anything for them. but when I need them, they are MIA.

as i get older, i find myself flexing more of my INT....cause otherwise, i'll just keep getting hurt/disappointed. gotta make myself happy, and not base my happiness on others. :yes:

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I have been in a thinking mood recently and contemplated starting a thread asking a question... Do you go in waves, where you're outgoing/friendly, and then turned inward and overly thinking about your emotions and stuff going on in life? Ie happy extroverted wave, then very Ni/Ti/Fi wave where you go round and round in your head thinking and feeling inside about things you've done, want to do, impressions on others, etc etc? Can even get unhealthy if you don't pull yourself out back to the present. I'm talking, so caught up on your own thoughts that you can just get disconnected from what's going on around you at that moment (Se).

The other night I was feeling emotional, frustrated with my projects, and misunderstood. BF gave me a hug and asked me to "talk to me about it" but I couldn't think of anything much to talk about, he's not a deep thinker and prolly wouldn't understand this whole inner dialog I have with myself.

Should I start a thread on this? Can you relate at all? Hard to explain. I know I'm crazy. lol I want to learn some kind of zen focus or something. If I'm in one of those moods I just have to put on music and force myself to stop thinking and focus or something.

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Another debbie-downer...

eh. i'm kinda just tired of being enfj, as of late. i wish i didn't care so much, and had an ability to just let go of folks that are not good for me. i hate seeing opportunities/potential in people and situations that normal folks would have normally walked away from.

frustrating that i know i have to take care of myself more, yet i also know that i derive the greatest joy by taking care of others.

I've been feeling this a lot lately. I'm almost constantly frustrated with this "Cassandra" complex... seeing where things are heading in other people but feeling completely out of the power to do anything about it. I used to feel power in persuasion. The power to help others realize what I saw in them. I was completely unaware of how unintentionally manipulative I can be. My recent relationship has killed that ignorance. Now I feel like I'm always scrutinizing & second guessing my Ni. And I have so much trouble enjoying anything (Se) when I haven't "solved" the crisis of being sooo uncertain.

Do you go in waves, where you're outgoing/friendly, and then turned inward and overly thinking about your emotions and stuff going on in life? Ie happy extroverted wave, then very Ni/Ti/Fi wave where you go round and round in your head thinking and feeling inside about things you've done, want to do, impressions on others, etc etc? Can even get unhealthy if you don't pull yourself out back to the present. I'm talking, so caught up on your own thoughts that you can just get disconnected from what's going on around you at that moment (Se).

I have been doing that for about a year now. I usually go through something similar every couple years. But its never this extreme, and it never lasts like this. It has gone on so long now that my "waves" can be measured during the course of an hr. - Extro happy, Se like an octopus trying to reach out & enjoy everything I can while I feel that way. Then as fast as it came, I'm doubting everything again. I feel like I'm in constant danger of losing "myself" because of it. I think its getting better though because I am much less anxious than I was when it really started getting bad.

Its quite possible that, because we are ENFJs, we will never be out of this loop while we aren't being reminded of our "worth" somehow. The "happy" part of the cycle seems to come after some affirmation of a relationship or my optimism or intuition. But in the past, the only times I actually got in this "rut" was when my environment made me question how "needed" I actually was to those I care for (for an extended period).

And I've become almost obsessed with doing things for me lately, or trying to "take care" of myself... but it still seems to fall short all the time.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm glad to be among you. I've been tired of being ENFJ for a while myself (even with a very low rock-bottom E, I'm still no "I"). I go through days where I'm okay with it, and then other days when I just can't deal with it anymore.

Engaging my tertiary Se seems to help. I've had an ongoing convo with Udog about using your third function naturally as a stress reliever (not a wallow, a help UP). I notice when I'm under high protracted stress, I exercise a lot, or fix up the state of the house, or try something new, like food. I posted in my blog today what a huge help it was to me to get out and manhandle a fast car for an hour. It helps to put me back in my body when I'm disconnecting from life and withdrawing.

I've been pulling back a lot lately. Been rather silent too.

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
I now TOTALLY understand why ENFJ + INFP = <3

We worry about the same things and want the same things.
You want to help people and be taken care of
We want to take care of and be helped.

It's insane..

You ENFJs are CRAZY loved,
people are just too selfish to realize it, but without you, most of them would probably fall, like a jenga building when you pull out the wrong block.
You guys are awesome.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
/me just wants to run up and give you a big hug.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I luv them, and I fear them. They read minds. But I get along with them wonderfully. We always seem to understand each other (even the one I've only known for five months), but we never agree with each other.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I luv them, and I fear them. They read minds. But I get along with them wonderfully. We always seem to understand each other (even the one I've only known for five months), but we never agree with each other.

They do read minds. I've never encountered a person who knew what I was thinking, not ever. I don't know that I fear them but I envy them in ways.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I have decided I want to meet (a mature) ENFJ dude. I don't know if I know any.

Edit: I don't know if I know any ENFJ dudes, not mature ones. :p

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have been in a thinking mood recently and contemplated starting a thread asking a question... Do you go in waves, where you're outgoing/friendly, and then turned inward and overly thinking about your emotions and stuff going on in life? Ie happy extroverted wave, then very Ni/Ti/Fi wave where you go round and round in your head thinking and feeling inside about things you've done, want to do, impressions on others, etc etc? Can even get unhealthy if you don't pull yourself out back to the present. I'm talking, so caught up on your own thoughts that you can just get disconnected from what's going on around you at that moment (Se).

I can totally relate to that. :yes:

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
i'm just over it. i wish i was an intp sometimes... :dry:

may i correct your grammer:
i wish i were an intp sometimes... :blush:

living as an INTP is an easy arrangement.
*puts vartan in dark cell with only a candle and a book of logical puzzles for company*
it can even be done at home.

I have decided I want to meet (a mature) ENFJ dude. I don't know if I know any.

Edit: I don't know if I know any ENFJ dudes, not mature ones. :p
looking for fashion tips are you?

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Sorry for the lack of questioning, but in ENFJs I know I see a mirror of myself, good and bad. Which made me realize how would ENFJs consider themselves different than INFJs? Obviously extrovert versus introvert differences, are there any other differences like priorities, how you feel about people, and so on?

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Me too. So far I less than three:blush: everyone on this thread.
So nice to know others who can relate. :smile:

Which made me realize how would ENFJs consider themselves different than INFJs? Obviously extrovert versus introvert differences, are there any other differences like priorities, how you feel about people, and so on?
Care to expand on the question? I don't know INFJs enough to know how I'm different. ;)