• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP FORUM

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, you can buy a domain and space for many years at a time. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised for it to simply be gone one day, and sooner than later.

The fact of the matter is, the admin has been MIA for over a year and does not respond to any messages/emails.

SPOILER: Domain expires June 29th, 2010. However, I'm guessing at least one bill has been paid since the admin left early last year.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SPOILER: Domain expires June 29th, 2010. However, I'm guessing at least one bill has been paid since the admin left early last year.

We'll see if the hosting upkeep lasts so long.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's like knowing the date for the end of the world :cry:
:cheese:

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, you can buy a domain and space for many years at a time. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised for it to simply be gone one day, and sooner than later.

The fact of the matter is, the admin has been MIA for over a year and does not respond to any messages/emails.

Then my theory is that the admin has the domain and the hosting on automatic debit. It does sound INFPish to not notice an extra charge on the credit card month after month.:D

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Evil thoughts: Someone can file a domain-name dispute form and take control of the domain.:peepwall: It may wake the admin up.:D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFP, so hush. You can post on your boring INFJ forum, which seems to function fine, but probably induces more suicidal thoughts stemming sheerly from its dullness.

That forum was started by an ENTP with ulterior motives... he created a scheme to find a bride. He's like an Internet version of Don Corneo.

Besides, if I didn't post here, I'd most likely want to go over to INTJf and bug those guys. They seem to like me a lot better than INTPs or INFPs do.

INTJf is the best organized and administered forum I've ever been on, but the people here are more diverse and interesting. Getting my own paranoid thoughts and feelings thown back at me with more arrogance, bluntness, crudeness, passion, and less logic gets old after a while.

But I honestly don't think single-type forums are a good idea. It encourages the typological equivalent of racism. Typism. In fact, INTJs are the only ones that have been open-minded enough to let other types on their forum freely without harassment.

CrimsonMist

MBTI Type
Infp
It'd be interesting to see what happens when/if the site closes, and how Typology Central changes when we receive a lot of the siteless. And I prefer it here myself, A whole crew of people with different ideas and personalities tend to make for a more wholesome forum.

*Lol at Ozz's idea.*

Last edited:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Omg. Why is the INFP forum so big and confusing/detailed? There's so many different parts to it and there isn't even a place to check where I have posted to! Grrrrrrr
infp.globalchatter.com :: Index
I know how you feel. I experienced the same confusion myself. It's not a very easy program to use, and I had a hard time too... finding my past posts.

I really like the VBulletin forums like this one.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Surely if the owner abandoned it, the bill wouldn't be paid and the site would be shut down.
That's what I was thinking.

And who said INFJs were pushy? An unfair stereotype with no basis in fact! :newwink:

Seriously, though, I find it can be a nice change of pace from the chaotic free-for-all over here. I think this forum is busier and more fun, but the INFP-specific one sometimes has some thoughtful posts on it, too.
I tried it over there, but I had barely posted when I found myself at odds with someone who took offense at something I said to someone else!! Goodness gracious!! How in the world am I supposed to monitor that?!

Then my theory is that the admin has the domain and the hosting on automatic debit. It does sound INFPish to not notice an extra charge on the credit card month after month.:D
:smile: My sister is an INFP, and I can see that happening.

It'd be interesting to see what happens when/if the site closes, and how Typology Central changes when we receive a lot of the siteless.
Yes. That will be interesting... probably similar to the constant influx of INTPs here, but I wonder if they'll be able to tolerate us mean and nasty Ts.

And I prefer it here myself, A whole crew of people with different ideas and personalities tend to make for a more wholesome forum. ...
I agree. Though I've been on sites made for one type only, I prefer the variety available here.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think I'd go crazy posting in an INFP-only forum.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'd go crazy posting in an INFP-only forum.
One-type forums seem to be a bad idea in general. INFJc is supposed to be a snore fest; INTPc a free-for-all; INFPc a sea of tears and whine; and INTJc, Nazi Germany.

And yes, I'm aware I didn't use the right forum names. It's easier to read that way.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Still not getting all the "must be either/or" arguments. I find both the type-specific forums and more general ones (like this one) interesting. And seeing what interaction styles are like when a board is dominated by a single type is also illuminating on occasion.

Every forum is unique and has pluses and minuses in part because of the individuals that post to them. If you don't get anything out of a forum, no one is forcing you to post there. I find it odd that people feel the need to argue that one should ONLY post to a general forum.

Still, I'm entirely behind the decision to post only where you feel like.

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
Surely if the owner abandoned it, the bill wouldn't be paid and the site would be shut down.

You don't necessarily have to pay to have a forum. A lot of sites offer free forums now and some software is also free. The phpBB software used on infpgc is free. I'm not sure if they're on a free server or not.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
LOL, PeaceBaby adds another poor little abandoned website to her "To Buy" list ...

(So did Haight I think!)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFPgc to me is like a sponge cake, an angst ridden sponge cake with negative gearing. Which means the emotionality is rife with amplification of the stresses in their lives. Hence a kind of vortex of repressed issues that pour out of their selves until they progress to a sense of acceptance and move in the world.

INTPc has a sticky. NF forums should get a a sticky for the sub forums in other parts of the internet universe. Or at least I'd be fascinated to hear discussion on entp, intj, infj and what other highly active specific MBTI site is out there?

Last edited:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looks like the end came early....

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
At least now we can say that INFPgc doesn't suck anymore. :smile:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps it is just a server problem.

What do INFPs do when their forums disappear? Do they become sad and frustrated?

No, there's another INFP forum anyway :D
I suspect it may become more popular. Along with this forum, there's another MBTI forum I post on, so it's not a huge void to fill.

I don't think it's a server problem...yesterday, the board looked totally different and there were some odd posts. Who knows what is going on.

klangfarbe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I am (was?) a member there, though not very regular. My best guess is that the owner of the site noticed the strange activity, or someone was able to contact her, and she has taken the software offline. It's possible that she intends to clean it up, improve security and put it back online, but I think the more likely scenario is that she's decided it's more trouble than it's worth.

I might start posting here, but probably not; it feels like a crowded party. :p