• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs aren't funny

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've always thought that ENFPs were pretty funny.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
No- it stands for New Funny- NF's are putting the system on trial and are light years ahead of other comedians and humor- the rest of the world is having to catch up with us.

Exactly, and it's actually true. NF'S are the ones with the quick wit ! (Ingores NT's)

(I bet ST's spread all the rumors that NF's aren't funny because they don't want the truth to be revealed and us to steal their crowns. PffT).

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
An INTP said this to me, oh, about two years ago.

I didn't believe it then, but it's been in the back of my brain since... and it is correct.

NFs just aren't that funny. They can have a wonderful sense of humor, quick to laugh and appreciate jokes. A few are funny on occasion and they will play off another's humor as well.

They just are rarely the one who comes up and gets others to laugh on their own.

Agree or disagree?

I agree. Interesting observation, though, because when I reflect upon the NFs I've met, I find truth in your assertion. NFs are not very funny at all.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
disagree- I am an INFP and at the station and get togethers I am in the middle of everyone making people laugh and leading they way to funny little pranks. I dont think that its a "trait" of NF but I no that its not the case for everyone. there is no black or white, just grey.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
disagree- I am an INFP and at the station and get togethers I am in the middle of everyone making people laugh and leading they way to funny little pranks. I dont think that its a "trait" of NF but I no that its not the case for everyone. there is no black or white, just grey.

There is a black and white; the gray is the mutant hybrid that nobody wants.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Mac's attention getting worked again?

E

Epiphany

I haven't read this whole thread and I'm sure it has already been said, but humor is subjective. "Funny" is not definitive.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
There is a black and white; the gray is the mutant hybrid that nobody wants.

when dealing with one person and one way of thinking yes... but when you add others into the mix... gray is the only outcome

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This thread just got an INFJ doorslam! Woo!

I'm not funny because a few NTs said so. :cry:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can agree that NFs aren't any more funny than anyone else but there IS such a thing as different senses of humor. Some people worship Monty Python for example, and I never once laughed at any thing that I've seen in any of the movies. Then there is the issue of me tending to use dry humor for example and some people like it, but then dry humor usually has no effect on me. Slapstick neither. But then Jim Carrey will make the most ridiculous face and I'll crack up. It's all relative.

NF attempting to make excuses for his/her lack of comedic value. Hehehe...

Coming from an INTJ this IS quite the laugh :laugh:

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My humour is dry and witty and on accasion if I'm seriousely seething over something, it will be sarsastic.

Generally, I find Britcoms funnier that our more widely familiar North American slapstick sitcoms. (With the exception of Seinfeld). Gerry's humour is actually extremely similar to my own as I will be amused by random everyday things, and want to ponder my musings with those close to me. They may not be funny to NT's, but that ok (and a shame) ;)

the soulless one

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
agree or disagree

I tend to think funny people are funny. I don't think this MBTI stuff has much to do with it. Especially since different people have different tastes in humor, so somebody is bound to think they are funny as people are bound to think your sense of humor is more idiotic than funny, and so forth, vice-versa, whatever.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
It's really hard to deliver the joke as you're choking just trying to get it out of your system: "It's...MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. HIHAHAHHAAHAHA.. You know..MWHAHAHAHA" *makes hands gestures and can't finish before the person leaves shaking their head*.
Bad.

Usually the things I consider hilarious are useless to verbalize cause they're not funny really, hence me grinning/laughing/smiling like an idiot alone. Someone thinks I'm being sarcastic cause she can't say when I'm being serious and joking, they think I'm serious when I indeed am joking, and vice versa. I don't do it on purpose though. If anything I'm unintentionally funny. But, no, I'm not funny, but I find many things to be it.

INTJs do it too I've noticed, but they also got that sweet dryness.

The only person that I think has been amused with my erm... 'humor' like ever was I think an INTP.

ENFJs can be so sarcastic though.

NTs crack me up the most, yeap.

// oh yes. Generalizing.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An INTP said this to me, oh, about two years ago.

I didn't believe it then, but it's been in the back of my brain since... and it is correct.

NFs just aren't that funny. They can have a wonderful sense of humor, quick to laugh and appreciate jokes. A few are funny on occasion and they will play off another's humor as well.

They just are rarely the one who comes up and gets others to laugh on their own.

Agree or disagree?
Disagree, and take offense. I'm fucking hilarious, goddamnit. :steam: Now LAUGH

;)