• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs aren't funny

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you kidding? ENFPs make me look like fucking Squidward.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think we can have great senses of humor, that we love to laugh, that we can be witty, but we, at least most of us, will not want to hurt someone's feelings for the sake of a laugh so I could see how NTs or STs, or Ts in general might be funnier than us.

I dunno, just some thoughts.

:)

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think we can have great senses of humor, that we love to laugh, that we can be witty, but we, at least most of us, will not want to hurt someone's feelings for the sake of a laugh so I could see how NTs or STs, or Ts in general might be funnier than us.

I dunno, just some thoughts.

You don't have to hurt someone's feelings to be funny though. It is kind of less funny if you do.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You don't have to hurt someone's feelings to be funny though. It is kind of less funny if you do.

I agree, but has a T ever made you laugh by being insensitive, but you still laughed, and felt guilty for it, because what they said, though mean, was kinda true?

I dunno, I'm very used to insensitive T humor, I would never crack these jokes myself, and they are mean, to an extent, but they're also sort of true, hence them being funny.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only way to not hurt someone's feelings to get a laugh is if they're not in the room. :jew:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The only way to not hurt someone's feelings to get a laugh is if they're not in the room. :jew:
That's so pussy. :sick:

Not to say making fun of a person to their face is that noble either.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I agree, but has a T ever made you laugh by being insensitive, but you still laughed, and felt guilty for it, because what they said, though mean, was kinda true?

I dunno, I'm very used to insensitive T humor, I would never crack these jokes myself, and they are mean, to an extent, but they're also sort of true, hence them being funny.

Kinda... but I'm usually laughing at the person for being such an obvious ass and I've been known to tell them that. I think it is kind of the situation you are talking about though... not sure.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
But, that's not really the point though if T's can be funny doing that stuff. They surely can. But that doesn't mean they are inherently funnier than someone who doesn't make those same kind of jokes.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No^ My ESTJ sister makes me laugh all the time and FEEL LIKE A MONSTER for doing so.

She's mean, and funny.

:horor:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
David Cross, I love him, I wonder what type he is.....

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I find it pretty easy to work people into a pretty good laugh, usually about almost nothing. And the longer I've been around them it just kind of builds throughout the evening or whatever. I just get more and more energy and just get funnier I guess.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know of people, who have the marked ability for making fun of people RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM, without them even knowing it.

I always feel dirty, just witnessing it.

:sad:

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I made a joke about 9/11. Six or seven years after the attack.

We made two cinnamon houses (skyscrapers). With jellomen hanging out of it, and on the ground around it. And something that looked like an airplane in one of the sides. And then we took pictures of it.

And when Christmas was over we did like any good Christian and broke it (and ate it). We took some more pictures. Posted it on a forum. And there it was.

"You people hate Americans! You're a Muslim Extremist! This is not funny!"

And I laughed.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I know of people, who have the marked ability for making fun of people RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM, without them even knowing it.

I always feel dirty, just witnessing it.

:sad:
I used to have a weird dynamic with one of my friends. I would be trying to tell him something that was really irritating me (about him) but he would assume I was joking. He would just laugh and joke about it and I never could get across to him that I was really being serious and wanted him to stop whatever it was that he had been doing in the first place. It got to a point where I could just blurt out anything I wanted around him and he took it as me just clowning around. :doh: