• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs aren't funny

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, I'm dying on the floor with laughter.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol, there's a reason we're more rare, I guess...survival just aint our skill :D :blush:

Still, you have to admire all the beautiful metaphors and philophical realisations we come up with after being inspired by said fire :alttongue:

Yeah, I hear Nero played one hell of a violin. :)

me..wrikey NF's.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="YxVeMhI9Qo0"]Fire![/YOUTUBE]

Now, that was "mad" funny. :rofl1:

And a bit torcherous as well...explaining I kept wanting to grab the freaking fire extinguisher out of his hand and "put it out."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I hear Nero played one hell of a violin. :)

me..wrikey NF's.

stringtherry.jpg

We have our uses and you love us for it...right? *pouts*

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not funny. But I actively listen to what people say and have good timing. Thus, people don't necessarily laugh at the things I say. They're more amused that I build off a topic they started and turn it toward a humorous light -- as if, it was there joke to begin with, I just verbalized it.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't understand this thread. I say, in my not so modest opinion, that I'm pretty damn funny. I have excellent comic timing. And, I am capable of invigoratingly witty repartee.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh, not accounting for personal taste, you have to know funny INFs well before you get to see them in full flight. Otherwise, you get the humor-lite version. Funny INFs are funny in a personalized way, using the things they know about you once you have some comfortable history together.

I can't take the gloves off until I know a person well enough to know I won't go too far. I once told a morbid, offensive joke when I was 13 that cut too close to the bone for the recipient. Stuck with me for life.

My family and the men I have dated particularly mention that I am one of the funniest people they know. *shrugs* With anyone else and at TypeC I am typically more concerned with not being offensive/keeping my humor to myself. Irl I don't like playing to a crowd either, (too impersonal), so it's also more of a one-on-one thing.

I realize this post is old, but I missed it the first time around...
I am also reticent to joke around with people I do not know well for fear of sticking my foot in my mouth. I have done so in the past, and it does bother me still (stupid NF conscience!).

I once made a spontaneous quip to this guy at my church which amounted to me calling his kids dirty - it was not personal, more like a "kids are dirty" in general joke. However, I could see in his face that he took it seriously & it hurt his feelings. Later, I found out other people had previously made serious digs about his kids being unruly & messy; so my joke came out in that context for him - I felt like such a bitch!

Another time I was joking around with a newly made ExFP male friend, and he made some joke about me being a fat bald midget (which is clearly a joke) and I quipped back: "Is that your problem, too much fat & not enough hair?" and as soon as the words left my mouth I realized his hairline was just beginning to recede & he had some love handles/beginnings of a beer belly (although he was not fat). His face fell immediately and I realized I had hit a major sore spot. The new friendship dissolved rather quickly after that....

:doh:

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
This here, is precisely why the phrase,: "think before you speak" was invented. The quote is a genius wasted on the none; Instead, it is delivered solely to those deserving of it.

Har har.

[Insert dead baby joke here]+[Insert mother of a dead infant here]=([memories]•[regret]) =/= [laughter]

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hilarious.

Thanks for (not) laughing at my past social blunders. :rolli:

This here, is precisely why the phrase,: "think before you speak" was invented. The quote is a genius wasted on the none; Instead, it is delivered solely to those deserving of it.

Har har.

[Insert dead baby joke here]+[Insert mother of a dead infant here]=([memories]•[regret]) =/= [laughter]

NTs are in much greater need of that piece of advice than NFs when it comes to jokes ;).

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
NTs are in much greater need of that piece of advice than NFs when it comes to jokes ;).

Pffft! Girls love my puns.

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm, and he says to the bartender,: "I'll have a beer, and one for the road."

Har-har.

Have you heard about the blind prostitute? Yeah, you really gotta hand it to her.

Eat my comedic genius and weep.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
as long as i'm with people i'm comfortable around, a lot of them think i'm very funny. i can be really sarcastic.. kind of like some NT's i know. my humor is more stupidity than wit, but surprisingly enough "funny" is used to describe me more than almost anything else.

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Me: LOL, David Cooke's bro died of cancer

Friend: Why's that funny?

Me: 'Cause he was at some benefit function to help with research for a cure, and he made it about himself. LOL, he tried being "brave", but then his voice cracked

Friend of friend: *flat tone* Funny

Me: I know, right?

Friend of friend: *straight face* My mom died of cancer....

Me: Mine too! High Five *raises hand*

Friend : *facepalm*

Friend of Friend: .....

Me: .....high five? *thinking: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-*

clairebear8

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
i think NFs can be veryy funny, funnier than SJ's, maybe SF's. I think Tina Fey might be an ENFP.... I have an NT boyfriend who seems surprised whenever i'm funny, like he expects that he's the only one who makes jokes...it's annoying.

silentbeep

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm an INFJ and have been told many times that I'm funny but definitely more in a "dry wit" sort of way. One important thing though: I won't say "funny things" around people I don't know very well. I find that people have to know me to think I'm funny because my humor tends to be very dry and understated. But yeah, I make people laugh. ;)

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm an INFJ and have been told many times that I'm funny but definitely more in a "dry wit" sort of way. One important thing though: I won't say "funny things" around people I don't know very well. I find that people have to know me to think I'm funny because my humor tends to be very dry and understated. But yeah, I make people laugh. ;)

This is pretty much exactly the same for me.
Most of my jokes are internal; I don't share them with people until I'm close with them or I feel like we're on the same wave-length.