• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFs and reaping - Abstract cooperation

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I recently read this comment about NFPs on typology central, about how they always need to be reassured and told they are doing a good job, and all. My late father was an INFP, and my mother once said this about him. INFPs also get real mad at people's criticism or ingratitude when they have been working so hard and so creatively at something. :steam:

Being more on the INFJ side myself, I feel that I can go on for a long time without being reassured or seeing concrete results to my intense dedication in abstract cooperation, but at some point, I demand concrete results and get real depressed if I can't reap any fruits from my work.

I once got into a serious depression because of this.

I think the frustration lies within the fact that abstract cooperation has a subtle way of working into people's lives, and it often takes years before people understand how we have helped them or how much we cared. I was stunned at how many people came to see me at my father's funeral, feeling sorry that they had never thanked him for what he had done for them.

Last edited:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As much as I hate to admit it I need reassurance more than many people. Then I never believe them if they do reassure me because my own standards are the only ones that really matter. Its really idiotic :doh:

There's a saying though, "love is an action word". I try to remember this because it gives me solace. Words are easy and they cost you nothing. Words can be effortlessly distorted and exaggerated. If people really value you they show it every day in what they do. The only true measure of appreciation can be in actions.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
There's a saying though, "love is an action word". I try to remember this because it gives me solace. Words are easy and they cost you nothing. Words can be effortlessly distorted and exaggerated. If people really value you they show it every day in what they do. The only true measure of appreciation can be in actions.

Good piece of wisdom. Thank you :)