• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] IFP and INJ children

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
As I was reading each one I realized that I must of been an INFJ all along. I assumed I was an INFP (or xSFP) all those years ago, but I was really an optimistic fairly outgoing INFJ kid. I wish I had kept some of that optimism..

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
IFP hit me spot-on. Go figure. :tongue:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am INTJ, so this may be a little OT, but I have known this INJ description for a long time, and I have often referred to it, because it was perfectly me as a kid.

Me too. Both INJ types should relate to this description, as it is only later that the auxiliary function starts to make its presence felt.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IFP Traits - I relate to most except the following:

7. Service-oriented, they want to please others - NO
8. They love animals and small babies - HATE BABIES

Potential Strengths
2. They're usually very kind and sweet - NO
5. They're usually relaxed, peaceful and unrushed - NO, I am/was super high-strung
9. They need harmony, and can be good peacemakers - erm, at times

Potential Weaknesses
2. They cannot use logic well at a young age - No, I was considered a very logical child...my family seems to have a lot of Fe and read me as a logical, thinking type.
4. May be reckless and irresponsible with money - always managed my money well, even childhood allowances
9. They are so internally focused that they are sometimes completely unaware of how anyone else is feeling - not really
10. They have difficulty expressing their deepest feelings, and are sometimes unaware of these feelings themselves - second part is not so true
15. They naturally move slowly doing things, which makes them sometimes appear lazy - I would tend to do stuff in a rush actually
16. They have trouble asserting themselves - as a child, yes, but not now

INJ Traits - The ones I don't relate to:

2. They're curious about everything, and are always asking "Why?" - Not really...I was too involved in my own little world
9. They like structure and are unsettled by chaos or unplanned events - Nope, I've always loved spontaneity

Potential Strengths
7. They're usually well-liked by their peers - As a child I connected well with some kids, but overall I've always felt disliked by people
8. They will completely master a subject that interests them - Nope, I've always been a jack of all trades, master of none
10. They are usually confident in their ideas, and know instinctively when they are right about something - I could be pretty insecure about my ideas

Potential Weaknesses
1. They have short attention spans - I'd say my attention was pretty long for a child
5. Once they have made up their mind about something, they can be very stubborn about it - I can be persuaded to change my mind
7. They are unsettled by change, and don't usually adapt well to new situations - Always did well with change
11. They can be controlling and bossy - Not really...I could be a leader as a child, but I didn't need to be

----------

I relate to a lot of both, basically. I relate overall most to IFP, but there are aspects that were not me as a child (or adult) at all. I've always done well in math and science and with logic, and I always finished my work (often early).

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could relate to the IFP child a lot, but even moreso with the INJ child.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
LOL, the INJ profile fits my childhood perfectly.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
IFP is very fitting for me indeed.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a lot in common with both INJ and ENP children, but mostly IFP. I'm realizing now that most of my ENP characteristics came about during high school like good communicating, confidence, humor and light heartedness. I will give myself credit in terms of logic tho, I was always an unusually reasonable child, even to the point of convincing teachers to not make me do things (although this does sound rather INJ as opposed to ENP). on the other hand, I have had a strong set of values, loved small animals and children and been a natural musician as long as I can remember. I was pretty much exactly like the Little Prince until I was about 11 and always wanted to go around on adventures saving people and fighting bad guys.they were never the stereotypical NTJ bad guys tho, I always thought they were cool and not particularly. most of the bad guys were ESP or ESJ types that were either extremely brutish or tried to control people. any hero character I thought up was usually INFP, INFJ or INTJ and always extremely sophisticated (for this reason, my favorite hero growing up was zorro).

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Reading that was extremely unsettling.

I was nothing like IFP child. and very very very much the INJ child.
The only thing that didn't fit was the team sports VS Individual sports.
Otherwise it was so spot on , I felt like I was sitting back in the room with my childhood counselor or my grade 4 teacher, who is perhaps the person who has still to this day, understood me more than anyone ever has. Sadly she died the next year.

like I said.. very unsettling.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow, this might be a good way to determine if you're an INFP or INFJ. I relate way more to the INJ description. My childhood seems to be mainly INJ with splashes of IFP moments when I was alone in the right sunlight.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
INJ definitely,.. I was a defiantly strong-willed, dedicated, and decisive child. Hmm. So it seems I went from INJ as a kid to INFP in my teens to INFJ (with strong as hell T) in my 20s.