• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Do any other INFP's feel like this?

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Whenever I take a personality test online, I always go into introverted, emotional mode because I am alone in my room and truly focused when answering the questions. I always comes out as INFP.

However, when I'm caught up in reality and never taking the time to truly sit down and think or create, or something then I feel like I am losing myself and becoming more of an INTJ (I become ocd-ish when I'm stressed and also controlling) ESFP (I sometimes become very aloof and unthoughtful of people's feelings. And sometimes crave attention when I feel I have been ignored). So, I'm just wondering if this logical/brash side of me is actually the real me and when I take the tests I am just forcing myself to answer them too emotionally? Sorry if this was confusing.:cry:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, when you know what the questions will produce as an outcome, you can influence the test easily. When you see yourself as "logical" you probably see yourself as having TJ traits, and testing like that.

B

brainheart

Yeah, this sounds about right for me. Introverted feeling is exactly that, so when I am having to deal with externals I tend to either go the ENFP route or the INTJ. I totally relate.

When I am by myself, doing anything creative or witnessing anything creative- or anything which triggers my emotions- and I feel safe to freely express myself, that's when I feel like I am fully able to be me. Otherwise, I'm kind of hiding or coping.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, this sounds about right for me. Introverted feeling is exactly that, so when I am having to deal with externals I tend to either go the ENFP route or the INTJ. I totally relate.

When I am by myself, doing anything creative or witnessing anything creative- or anything which triggers my emotions- and I feel safe to freely express myself, that's when I feel like I am fully able to be me. Otherwise, I'm kind of hiding or coping.

Yep....we extrovert through Ne or Te. Te is our inferior function, so it's better when we go the Ne route. However, because auxiliary Ne can come out a bit gurgled, there's temptation to use Te. It's not unusual at all for an INFP to come off aloof or a bit prickly on the outside. Our shadow is ESTJ, so that explains the TJ feeling you have when stressed.

Being introverts, we are often less concerned with others than ourselves....sure, INFPs can be very caring, but it stems from a self-absorption in our own ideals.

It's important for us to have a creative outlet for Fi, or we might go into zombie-mode, just to cope with everyday life.