• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Are you always distracted?

enfp1091

MBTI Type
ENFP
The other day I went to a pre-halloween party and what I noticed is that everyone was dancing but I was watching everyone and everything and then I notice that I wasn't dancing at all. Friends usually told me to dance but it wasn't that I didn't want to dance, It was that I was checking the place, like if I were expecting someone or something to happen.

Have you ever had an experience like I had? if you want you can talk about anything similar, something funny, something scary, something sad, etc.

P

Phantonym

Well, I can't stop my brain from receiving signals from the outside world, my own reaction to these signals and then processing them over and over and over again...so...yes...I am always distracted. And as I mostly have my headphones on, it doesn't help either. Ooh...shinies...wait, what were we talking about again? :D

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeh, I'm often distracted watching everything on the dance floor. Dancing is sort of boring by comparison, unless it engages me somehow in romance or stupidity.

tsumatachi_san

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some stuff similar, not exactly the same.
I just seem to focus too much on things going on around me and then get tired and zone out. I guess it's pretty easy to get distracted when you look around yourself at other people, especially if they're active. I often find myself watching passersby and wondering what they're doing or going to do... it distracts me quite a bit.
However, my thoughts are the most distracting thing of all ^^" when someone says something and it reminds me of something, so I think of that then realise the conversations moved off that topic >>"

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
nah, i'd be dancing.

+1! :party2:

I'm the ADHD poster child. I have ZERO attention span. My brain is into so many things all the time, it is really nutty. I can't tuen my brain off. I am not kidding. :D

Poggle

MBTI Type
ENFP
No I'm never distr...

...oh look, a beer, I'll have that...

...where was I, oh yes, there's something on the telly about spoons.

Cheers

Poggle

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
I really can't figure out sky's Halloween avatar. What is going on with that bat? It's like boobs with bat ears and wings??? There's an obvious solution but I'm missing it somehow ... :confused: kind of funny though

P

Phantonym

I really can't figure out sky's Halloween avatar. What is going on with that bat? It's like boobs with bat ears and wings??? There's an obvious solution but I'm missing it somehow ... :confused: kind of funny though

Glad to help you with never finding a cure for your distractedness here. :laugh:

Ben Dover

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I was in the middle of typing a response to this thread, when I distracted myself with my cat, who's just sitting there doing nothing.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

eyes?

kafkacat

Enneagram
inxj
The other day I went to a pre-halloween party and what I noticed is that everyone was dancing but I was watching everyone and everything and then I notice that I wasn't dancing at all. Friends usually told me to dance but it wasn't that I didn't want to dance, It was that I was checking the place, like if I were expecting someone or something to happen.

Have you ever had an experience like I had? if you want you can talk about anything similar, something funny, something scary, something sad, etc.

Yes...sometimes i have this predictive quality, like a hunch that i know something big is going to happen. For example, i was walking down the street with someone, and had the hunch, and soon after met a famouse tv celebrity, this journalist i greatly admire. Anywho this hunch is like an expectation that i have which actually comes true, how odd is that. It happens rarely, but when it does, it's pretty amazing.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm the ADHD poster child. I have ZERO attention span. My brain is into so many things all the time, it is really nutty. I can't tuen my brain off. I am not kidding. :D

This. Actually I just went out for dinner with a few friends. Sometimes I was listening to someone talk while watching the hockey game from my peripheral vision. It's like I've multithreaded my brain like a computer processor.

And dancing rocks!

S

Sniffles

Well, I can't stop my brain from receiving signals from the outside world, my own reaction to these signals and then processing them over and over and over again...so...yes...I am always distracted. And as I mostly have my headphones on, it doesn't help either. Ooh...shinies...wait, what were we talking about again? :D

+1 Not only that, I'm constantly being interrupted by other inconsiderate people with their random insignificant bullshit. Pisses me off! :steam:

cfs1992

I'm so distracted that sometimes I think that I can't experience the reality...

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking about starting a similar thread, but once again I had some brilliant idea (I forgot which).

But seriously: It sometimes is a serious issue, the more as I'm supposed to write college papers. I really revel in research, but I'm frequently sidetracked by all the information that has nothing to do with the topic I have to write about. Thus I spend too much time on reading and too little on writing :(
I'm constantly afraid that I'm missing something important.

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I get really distracted with mental multi-tasking... and subconsciously "weed" out people who are talking to me or trying to get my attention. It really pisses some people off, but it bothers me more. I just automatically hear their words but they don't register. Sometimes I will even respond with "uh huh" or something similar. It makes me feel pretty bad when I realize I'm doing it. I can repeat the words they said aloud & then register them because I am giving them more attention, or perhaps because they are in my own voice. This really bothers me. It can be people who I care the most about. Usually the same people though, as if there is some "filter" they just don't get through. I live with a few introverts & when they talk, its important. But I drown them out because they are so soft spoken.

I have to tell them to call my name first, even if I'm right there, to make sure I am paying attention.