• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's are PARANOID! Hahahaha...um...

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
This is less the start of a thread (unless people want to roll with it) and more of apublic service announcement. I found this on another thread and more than finding it informative, it cracked me up.

Apparently, ENFP's are prone to paranoia? As in clnical paranoia?

In typical ENFP fashion I have yet to really study the site, but wanted to let you all know of another source to learn more about yourselves.

The first link is to the general site with ALL MBTI types listed, the second the link to the ENFP site.

PTypes - Correspondence of PTypes, Keirsey, Enneagram, Psychiatric, and Astrological Types
PTypes - Paranoid Personality Disorder Criteria

Paranoia seems on-point, though I'm almost disappointed our cousins the INFPs took 'histrionic'. I think I'm pretty histrionic.

I would laugh, but this is no laughing matter.

:nice:

What do you all think?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well that's the idea with ptypes, associating mental illnesses to neurotic unhealthy personality types. It does so with both the MBTI and the FFM. So no surprise in having a disorder associated with your type. The theory goes that the disorder in question is the one that is characteristically associated with the type, but does not mean that it is expressed in any particular person. Or so I remember. I didn't go to the web sites either, 'cos I've browsed them thru years ago.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
There is only one type that is particularly prone to paranoia, and I think we all know which one that is.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dominant N types are probably the most prone to paranoia, since their dominant function is irrational. NTs are probably paranoid types too, because the NT's functions combine to make them very skeptical...and let's face it, skepticism and paranoia are not too many blocks away from each other.

But as a function, Paranoia is Ne-based, since it consists of seeing possibilities in the outer world.

I don't agree with INFP and Histronic -- I think ExFJ belongs with Histrionic.

brazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah, I think that's more based on what occurs more often, which is different from typically. The only two definite ENFPs I know are Leos, not Scorpios, so I always associated ENFP-ness with Leos. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Brazz: are scorpio ENFPs supposed to be more paranoid?

... :whistling:

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
yeah, see I am not paranoid at all and never really have been. I guess that means I'm healthy and the rest of ya'll are sick! :p

edited to add - I think I am totally histrionic though!

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
My ENFP mother has not ever been diagnosed as paranoid, but she always fears that people she meets do not like her and she makes up wierd reasons why they don't/won't. (Imagine the inner turmoil she goes through when someone forgets to answer an e-mail to her!) I have a hard time convincing her otherwise, which is such a shame! She is a really great person.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
ok... i do get a little worked up when people don't respond to me...

yup that is paranoia and I am like that. Also if I just hide away for a while and people that I consider to be friends don't contact me then I get hurt and think why do I bother.

Usually it's in these moments that I drift away and people think it was I who chose to end the friendship when really they weren't there. It's an odd childish thing that I battle, after all it takes 2 to make a friendship

why I can reason it in my mind and still not have it make sense is well odd.

Usehername

On a mission
yup that is paranoia and I am like that. Also if I just hide away for a while and people that I consider to be friends don't contact me then I get hurt and think why do I bother.

Usually it's in these moments that I drift away and people think it was I who chose to end the friendship when really they weren't there. It's an odd childish thing that I battle, after all it takes 2 to make a friendship

why I can reason it in my mind and still not have it make sense is well odd.

what about the possibility that you hvae friends who recognize that people tend to gravitate to ENFPs and take up their time, and so, in the interest of allowing their ENFP friend better balance in life and not add to their stress of not accomplishing their commitments, they give them space and let the ENFP make contact? *now is paranoid about her ENFP friend*

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
that could be it but I think it has more to do with my own insecurities and becoming overwhelmed with it all and just needing a break

It's hard b/c as an enfp I find most ppl want advice or help from me and when I am literally crying in tears for help they back away and aren't there I am to be strong for them but don't seem to get it back in return. I am not saying it is reality but it's how it tends to look. See more paranoia

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
:cry:.....i becom 'noidlike when someone dont call me.....i tend to think ive done something terrible and they dont love me no more, and get dead sad because theres usually something i have done that i think ive done that i know ive done and....and it spirals to something beyond way past before i was born and and and .... i dont call and i get scared and think they hate me and i hibernate and dont walk past their house if the curtains are open.....oh god, then if i'm desperate because i miss i them i call and ask for a tin opener or something to see how bad it really is... targo.....i'm with ya hun:hug:

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
oh and it can go on for months if i tink it really bad.....if i think theyre going to laugh at me i emigrate or something....:blush:

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Yeah, I'm sort of with Shen and Targo on this. Recently I learned that a friend simply decided not to call or contact me if at all possible, to see how long it would take me to initiate contact myself. Which made me feel paranoid and unloved. Communication deadlock is probably a problem with ENFPs - I know the aforementioned friend is not the only one who refuses to initiate contact at every single occasion.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
:cry:.....i becom 'noidlike when someone dont call me.....i tend to think ive done something terrible and they dont love me no more, and get dead sad because theres usually something i have done that i think ive done that i know ive done and....and it spirals to something beyond way past before i was born and and and .... i dont call and i get scared and think they hate me and i hibernate and dont walk past their house if the curtains are open.....oh god, then if i'm desperate because i miss i them i call and ask for a tin opener or something to see how bad it really is... targo.....i'm with ya hun:hug:

:cry:

um yeah yeah that is really it

if life is bad and overwhelming it gets out of control..... yes extremely out of control b/c I am already taxed emotionally and I hurt and am very insecure and so I retreat and when I am retreating I hope that someone would see this and reach out and when they do. I thought my friends knew that when I am upset I hide away and i need support but for some reason they don't get this, they don't see that something is wrong and they don't reach out yet I get the feeling that I am suppose to extend that to them. Damn it hurts.....

damn emotions damn damn damn emotions...... :boohoo:

Usehername

On a mission
maybe we are just a bit more selfless than the rest?

i'd buy that, actually. but i do think people should consider those who are consciously avoiding contact with ENFxs simply because they are the types to get swarmed with people. I seriously have avoided ENFJs and ENFPs because all I can think of is "I know if I were in their shoes I would need a break by now. even if I was an extravert"

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
but you see if I have decided that you're my friend if I have decided that you're important to me then that's that you're important I would stop all for you

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My dear ENFP friend sometimes feels a little paranoid to me, but we all have our stuff, you know? She can't really help it. That reminds me. I was out the last couple of times she called. She is a busy lady and normally, if I call her she doesn't have time to talk. If she calls me, she can usually talk for an hour or so. She knows if I can't talk, I just don't answer the phone, so we are okay there, but if I miss too many of her calls, she starts to worry that something is wrong between us, so that means I have to call her back even though I know she probably won't be able to talk. It just reassures her that we are okay and she calls me back again when it's convenient. If I don't hear from her for a few weeks I worry about how she is doing, not how we are doing. The dynamic is a little weird, but feels balanced and it works for us.

But yeah, I need to call her tomorrow or she will probably worry.

We've been friends for . . . well, since my boy who is now ten was still nursing, but we haven't seen each other for six or seven years. :sad: