• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] When an Fe user verbally rants....

sculpting

As I understand it Fe is marked by calmness and maintaining a happy outward, teamwork focused attitude with a minimum of negativity.

How stressed on a scale of 1 to 10 is an ESFJ who is outwardly ranting in the workplace? He is normally an awesome guy who is very dedicated and works very hard. Makes very good money and is executive level.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As I understand it Fe is marked by calmness and maintaining a happy outward, teamwork focused attitude with a minimum of negativity.
Hmmm? All the Fe users I know are far from calm.

Define what you mean by 'calm'.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Does his outward ranting effect productivity?

I love ranting but if someone is doing it at me while for example if I was working heavy machinery would punch them in the nose.

If its harmless, then let him rant...nothing quiet as relaxing as a good nonsensical rant every now and then, at least for my Fe. He can be shut up, but he will resent it and remember it.

A good rant, can feel like...freedom.

sculpting

I rant like crazy given the chance. I have Te!!! :)

However I was under the assumption that Fe users sort of frowned on this behavior as being impolite or disruptive.

He is not yelling, just being very vocally unhappy and showing how unhappy he is. I guess I thought Fe users didnt show unhappiness typically.

Not effecting productivity in any way as he is not letting his subordinates see it.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
If its harmless, then let him rant...nothing quiet as relaxing as a good nonsensical rant every now and then, at least for my Fe. He can be shut up, but he will resent it and remember it.

Fe users' ranting, when it's a really angry rant, is a nightmare for Fi doms. We absorb it all, so as the Fe user walk away feeling content after they've shot their load, our mood has been profoundly shattered. It stinks.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Fe users' ranting, when it's a really angry rant, is a nightmare for Fi doms. We absorb it all, so as the Fe user walk away feeling content after they've shot their load, our mood has been profoundly shattered. It stinks.

I sincerely understand that. In fact this is why on often on the relatively rare instances when I get in a bad mood I avoid loved ones and work sensitive scenarios (unless the emotion can be re channeled for good or even for harmless weirdness).

I don't know about ESFJs (in fact I tend t avoid that type socially), but INTPs such as myself do value harmony.

For example I think a lot of the INTPs at INTPc are a lot different in real life than they are there. The message board acts as a lightning rod for built up and withheld emotions for the sake of harmony. This may explain why a minority type is so heavly represented of all the MBTI message boards. Even I act different when I am there because it is as if one has a license to be unharmonious and I don't take the criticism as hard when I get it there because I too am dishing it out to a degree and it serves a need.

This cartoon is illustrative. ;)
YouTube - Harry Happy (1963)

Ben Dover

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
As an Fe, I find it comforting just to make my mood known to those around me. This does tend to be a happy, calm, teamwork oriented mood.

Does any other Fe's out there feel like sometimes other people read too much into the things we say and do?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, sometimes I do.
Often it feels as if it comes off a bit prudish.
However the above scenario with the ESFJ seems a bit extreme where an attitude seems to be spilling over into the workplace to the point of general substantial annoyance.
Feel Fe is nicely balanced when its combined with introversion, at least as to compatibility with coworker boundary issues.

sculpting

no annoyance. I really like this person. He is very good at what he does and a wonderful human being.

However I am very concerned that if he is expressing his frustration at all, that he may be at the point of leaving my workplace.

I am a huge fan of direct expression, so I in no way fault him for the expression of unhappiness. I am just concerned.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think your basic premise is wrong Happy Puppy. I don't think it is a characteristic of Fe that it is "marked by calmness and maintaining a happy outward, teamwork focused attitude with a minimum of negativity". That sounds much more like Fi to me. Fe is intrinsically more likely to make emotions known, whether positive or negative.

That's not to say that everything is fine and dandy with your colleague, and that you shouldn't be concerned about him. But if you're only basing this on him acting differently to how MBTI tells you he should, then I think you're making a mistake.

Spamter, I think it's really nice of you that you avoid loved ones when you're in a bad mood. Although I don't think expressing your moods, bad ones included, is necessarily a bad thing. My earlier comment was more about feeler types that habitually use you to dump their bad emotions so that they can feel better, rather than thinker types who blow off every once in a while.

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I would have to be extremely stressed to do that. I usually try to keep it inside, like you said, to avoid being impolite or inappropriate. It generally has to build up quite a bit before I let it all spill over. I would rant to people who are not part of my frustration (family, close friends), but I wouldn't be vocal with the people actually involved unless I was very stressed and at a breaking point. Hope that makes sense.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Does his outward ranting effect productivity?

I love ranting but if someone is doing it at me while for example if I was working heavy machinery would punch them in the nose.

:yes: