• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: Describe the person who you most admire and look-up to

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I dont think this topic is about fictional characters from books :D
PSH, that would be God. For me, anyway.
I really do look up to him though, I think his teachings and personality are amazing. It's sad that Christians mostly concentrate on his death.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Probably my ENFJ sister, who has so much energy for actually doing stuff (as opposed to vaguely intending to) and the way she's constantly looking out for the people she cares about. And she's fun too.

In fact, from the two of them I know, ENFJs are just about my favourite type. The other is one of my best friends, and he's always the one initiating and organising things in our group (just as my sister is in my family).

To all you ENFJs out there, your efforts are truly appreciated.
:wubbie: Aw I can feel loved today. Perhaps one day I can become like one of these people in the thread, I aspire to be someone who doesn't voice their opinion right off... Who looks at people and instead of subconsciously judging their work to your values, they see the beauty and incredible potential of each person.

The first person that comes to mind is an ENFP woman who has kind of been a mentor. I am so inspired by her patience, her deep love and caring, and when she talks to you, she makes you feel like you're the most important thing in the world to her right then. I truly admire her for this gift, the ability to see good in each person and encourage them. She has many people who look up to her and feel particularly specially close to her, she is one of those people who makes you comfortable confiding your deepest secrets in her, or she'll just be there as a shoulder to cry on.

Then also my old boss. He believes in me and encourages me more than I even believe in myself. He thinks I can do anything. He has had such an impact on inspiring me to charge for my goals, and giving me confidence to do them.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
My ENTP husband.

I admire him so much because of how honest he is and how honest he makes other people be. He is willing to be honest even if it puts him at a disadvantage or is hard to say and could hurt people's feelings. It is actually a very vulnerable thing to be honest- perhaps nothing is more vulnerable then that- to say what you mean and mean what you say- to really truly be yourself- nothing is more soul exposing then to say what you are feeling and thinking no matter what.

I love how he can call people on their crap and expose and draw out in a compassionate way the true feelings and thoughts of others, things they might be too afraid or ashamed to say and admit or elaborate on and think about and analyze- the freedom he helps people embrace and the gift of being able to really be who you are- the way people are challenged to really own and look at themselves, I just admire the hell out of that.

I love how he is honest with himself.

He challenges ideas, actions, and beliefs but not your worth as a person-he is the most nonjudgmental person I have ever met and likes everyone and sees great potential in everyone and possibility.

I have never felt more understood and accepted because I have never been able to be more honest with anyone then him nor have I ever seen anyone more honest then he.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I need no one to look up to and never have. If there's anyone I would or admire it would be myself. Call me narcissistic or egotistic I dont care, I make my own path.

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I need no one to look up to and never have. If there's anyone I would or admire it would be myself. Call me narcissistic or egotistic I dont care, I make my own path.

Right. But there's never been anyone who particularly helped and encouraged you to become the person you are?

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Right. But there's never been anyone who particularly helped and encouraged you to become the person you are?

The person who speared me to become the person I am today? It would have to be my oldest friend. He was originally my cousins friend, both who were years older than me. Well me and him became closer than him and my cousin where, he showed me things like heavy metal, wicca (which I to this day think is stupid) and anti-conformity. I fell in love with...most of it.

I have no idea what type he was but id have to say ESTJ.

Danse_Macabre

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I had a teacher in high school that I had enormous respect for.
One was my Ancient History teacher. He'd frequently abandon the facts to instead compare how our civilization reflects 5th Century BC Athens and how the decline of our society is parallel to all the great societies in time. He was very strange and made a lot of sarcastic and cynical jokes that most people didn't get. He was obviously very offended and annoyed by "Stupid" people and had no mercy on any of the popular girls in his class that thought they could do what they liked.

At the end of the year, our small class loved him so much that we bought him an extremely rare and expensive book that he'd wanted all his life. He was very humbled and just said that he hoped we could continue learning about the past in order to understand our futures.

Cliche maybe, but it was a breathe of fresh air in a high school full of teachers who didn't care about their students or the subjects they taught. Not to mention, he was very strange and didn't really care, which was nice for me.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
My flute teacher. He's an NF, not sure which one exactly, ENFP maybe?

I consider him the best friend I have right now. I'm just reaching the end of high school, and I've always felt very isolated and lost- there are few Ns surrounding me, and even fewer NFs. I feel so lucky that he became my teacher last year- he seems to understand me better than anyone else I know. I can talk to him about all my problems in life and he'll tell me about the similar things he went through when he was my age, and since he has 17 more years life experience, he can give me fantastic advice.

I trust his opinion above anyone else's. Because I always lacked a decent father figure in my life, I crave another older male to take his place, to be the friendly, wise big brother, if you like. This is my flute teacher.

I like that he has very defined, individual opinions about everything, including music, politics, and complex moral issues. He won't ever choose to take the opinion that seems expected of him, but always looks at it critically before making a decision. His independent mind and courage in his opinions inspire me to aspire to this also.

He is brutally honest. He tells me if he thinks somebody is very ugly, but then goes on to explain that it doesn't matter, it doesn't change his opinion of the person.
This honesty is extended to positive things as well. For example, he has the confidence to say when something (a piece of music? a person dressed up for a special occasion? etc) is beautiful, and frequently does say so. For me, beautiful is such a big word, one I don't trust myself to have the right, or the understanding, to speak myself, to apply to something on my own accord. But I hope to be like him one day, to say 'That's beautiful' without self consiousness or shame! :)

Music is his thing. He works hard at it, practising his main instrument, piano, composing. He's excels at it.

He shares my weird sense of humour, acts really over the top, random and strange, which gives me permission to do so in his presence as well. He is someone I can talk about with about our favourite moments from The Simpsons and Futurama- it takes up a certain amount of our lesson time every week!

That will do for now. :)

Danse_Macabre

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My flute teacher. He's an NF, not sure which one exactly, ENFP maybe?

I consider him the best friend I have right now. I'm just reaching the end of high school, and I've always felt very isolated and lost- there are few Ns surrounding me, and even fewer NFs. I feel so lucky that he became my teacher last year- he seems to understand me better than anyone else I know. I can talk to him about all my problems in life and he'll tell me about the similar things he went through when he was my age, and since he has 17 more years life experience, he can give me fantastic advice.

I trust his opinion above anyone else's. Because I always lacked a decent father figure in my life, I crave another older male to take his place, to be the friendly, wise big brother, if you like. This is my flute teacher.

I like that he has very defined, individual opinions about everything, including music, politics, and complex moral issues. He won't ever choose to take the opinion that seems expected of him, but always looks at it critically before making a decision. His independent mind and courage in his opinions inspire me to aspire to this also.

He is brutally honest. He tells me if he thinks somebody is very ugly, but then goes on to explain that it doesn't matter, it doesn't change his opinion of the person.
This honesty is extended to positive things as well. For example, he has the confidence to say when something (a piece of music? a person dressed up for a special occasion? etc) is beautiful, and frequently does say so. For me, beautiful is such a big word, one I don't trust myself to have the right, or the understanding, to speak myself, to apply to something on my own accord. But I hope to be like him one day, to say 'That's beautiful' without self consiousness or shame! :)

Music is his thing. He works hard at it, practising his main instrument, piano, composing. He's excels at it.

He shares my weird sense of humour, acts really over the top, random and strange, which gives me permission to do so in his presence as well. He is someone I can talk about with about our favourite moments from The Simpsons and Futurama- it takes up a certain amount of our lesson time every week!

That will do for now. :)

^^ Reading that post, I actually thought you were a close friends of mine who I see almost every day. She's an INFP and we're in Western Australia, and she absolutely loves her flute teacher for the reasons you listed. She's always lacked a mother figure, and her flute teacher is female.

It is truly startling.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My brother. He helped contribute to my personality as it stands today. He's also an INFP I recently discovered (I always thought he was ISFP). Very kind, respectable, and open-minded.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
^^ Reading that post, I actually thought you were a close friends of mine who I see almost every day. She's an INFP and we're in Western Australia, and she absolutely loves her flute teacher for the reasons you listed. She's always lacked a mother figure, and her flute teacher is female.

It is truly startling.

That's... so awesome.

Hi there Danse_Macabre and friend! :hi:

It may be that we young INFP's look for similar things in role models. It may also be that INFP's frequently have rough upbringings- for example by lacking a parental figure. And I guess there'd be more than one confident,talented NF type who is drawn to a career in music, and puts bread on their table by being an instrumental teacher. And more than one young INFP who is also drawn to music and decides to have instrumental lessons. So maybe it's not so stange after all. Well, that's the best way I can rationalise it, anyway.

Danse_Macabre

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hey =D Yeah, that's the only way I can rationalize it too xD
Still, reading your post was really freaky seeing that I had just been talking to that friend, and she'd been telling me just the other day about her flute teacher.

And about lacking a parental figure - that does seem true, doesn't it? All the INFP's I know are like that... except for me o_O

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
As a child, I found Helen Keller and Harriet Tubman inspiring, because in my eyes, they were extremely resilient. Helen Keller, for being both blind/deaf, and Harriet Tubman, for having tremendous will-power/strength.

As an adult, I admire those who make the most out of their situations- those who have the least, yet, keep on trying. I admire those who work back-breaking jobs, but hardly complain, only to come home to be the best parents they can be.

I admire those who survive adversities. Despite circumstances, they remain open-minded, and only want to improve their lives. I admire those who do things with heart/integrity.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Overall, I admire bits and pieces here and there (lol, sounds like I'm talking about pieces of meat).

I admire people who stand on their own. I admire humanitarians. I admire idealists. I admire people with vision and willingness to see through. I admire nihilists. I even admire selfish, using others for their own devices-sort of bricks if I see the reasoning and integrity behind it. I admire people who live by their principles and ethics. I admire people who are their own people. I admire people who challenge most about anything and always, always question.

But most of all, I admire people who are honest to themselves and that way, to others. People with no ego on the way, and who feel no need to protect it. People who are, in this way, open and free and who realise that they can be anything. People that are bounded by and who function by nothing else than their integrity.

Actually I admire any person willing to grow and understand.

I've met one person in my lifetime that is about all of the above.

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
my boyfriend. :blush:

he's quiet, kind and hard working. nobody realizes how hard he works, or how kind and gentle he is, because he keeps to himself.
he is who i wish i was. :wubbie:
this post is awful :doh: lol.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I truly and deeply admire people who are geniunely generous/kind. It's a rare trait as most people just give to recieve, which isn't bad in itself but I can't respect people who do it and think they're being selfless

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I truly and deeply admire people who are geniunely generous/kind. It's a rare trait as most people just give to recieve, which isn't bad in itself but I can't respect people who do it and think they're being selfless

Quit buttering me up, and just ask already... :harhar:

qwertsquirt

MBTI Type
INFJ
Close friends on my level of thinking and can comfort me during the many times I'm feeling sad.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ENFP twin sister who makes me feel brave and helped me face the world when I was too afraid.

Joe Strummer, my hero. He kept me alive when it was easier to die.

A certain dead ENTP who I'd dig up and marry in a heart beat.