User Tag List

First 456

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

My old headteacher.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Ginkgo

I've looked up to countless people; looking up to a person and looking down on a person are good ways to lose yourself. I'm currently shaping a perspective in which I deify and demonize nobody, and I hope to maintain this perspective as far as what I behold will take me. If I were to really narrow it down to a base trait I've admired, it would be purposefulness and diligence. This further narrows the list down to those I've understood the most; I come to realize they have been the most like me. Once I integrate what I've learned from them and see it through to the very end of my understanding, there is no turning back. What was once a preoccupation is now a reason to move forward and carry out the purpose. Every new challenge is a gift waiting to be given and to be grateful for. And I am grateful, even in feeling like I've made a roundabout around my Center of loyalty. Now that I'm on my Center, I will see everyone as an equal with equal merit to be respected and protected.

MBTI
    INFP

Nobody, really. At least, not as a hero. There have been individual events by people that I've admired, but honestly my standards seem to be too terribly high to actually have a hero.

The people whom I tend to have respect for are much more individuated than the average cat, while retaining a complex moral structure they adhere to.

They're almost always the type who would be labeled by society as being "personality disordered".