• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: Describe the person who you most admire and look-up to

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I admire the only guy I ever fell in love with:

- Untypable (ENTP? ENFP? ISFP? INTP? INFJ? Who knows?)
- Gay (or pretends to be gay? Whatever, I still love him, he doesn't even have to be able to love me back.)
- Totally honest in what he thinks, but he never seems to hurt anyone with it
- Does whatever he wants to do
- Doesn't care about what others think of him
- Doesn't engage in social networks
- Says crazy stuff all the time
- Has lame hobbies
- Looks like an evil Tarzan with normal clothes on (but I still wish he'd just go shopping with his sister, she is so stylish!)
- Tought me to do everything I want to do and not to listen to others
- My biggest source of inspiration

P

Phantonym

I don't have any particular person I admire or look up to. Never had. But I admire people who exhibit kindness, honesty, consideration, honour, strength (both physical and psychological), willingness to admit defeat and the strength to step out of the situation, ability to overcome one's weaknesses.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I don't have any particular person I admire or look up to. Never had. But I admire people who exhibit kindness, honesty, consideration, honour, strength (both physical and psychological), willingness to admit defeat and the strength to step out of the situation, ability to overcome one's weaknesses.

Oh wow, that was really well put. +1

dmansi

MBTI Type
INFJ
ISTJ... was reliable and incredibly brave.... and honest... and the most unpretentious person... who loved being ordinary and was happy to be so and that's what made him truely extraordinary!!! Will love you forever! ....

:yes:

dmansi

MBTI Type
INFJ
What the thread title says :)

Also, why do you admire them?

Here is my other answer = the heroes in Rwanda.
There are many of them, but for a truly INFJ movie watch Hotel Rwanda
or the Frontline PBS special Ghosts of Rwanda.

I know there were other historical times when people were heroes but there
is something incredibly evil at a very personal level that happened in Rwanda.
And the world looked away but a few very courageous and good people
did what they could.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, this pretty much describes me.

It's why I've always hated icebreaker/'let's really get to know you' standard questions like "What historical figures do you most admire" or "Who would you most like to meet if given the chance".... I truly have no answer, my mind goes, :huh::shock:. There has never been anyone who's stood out, I've never had a role model...I might appreciate a handful of traits in one person, and another handful in another person. But in general...what you posted is quite true for me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dare mo arimasu... (No one)

A

A_priori

It varies but right now I would say that INTJs seem to be up there. Specifically a couple that I work with because of the qualities they posess and how they both seem to have good heads on thier shoulders. I also really admire anyone who doesn't stick to a certain set of rules or theories and challenges thier own thoughts and beliefs. In other words I dislike people who are overly textbook but don't really have the experience to back it up. Usually they stick out like sore thumbs lol

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never looked up to anyone, per se. Never had someone I aspired to be like, or anything like that. The closest thing I may have had to that, was my brother. I mean, I looked up to him in some sense, like any younger sibling may. I never aspired to be like him, as I was well aware we were very different people. But, as far as important figures in our lives go, people who helped shape who we are, who we want to grow into.. he played a significant role.

In a home where everything was a constant turbulent mess, with a mentally ill mother who built you up only to take it away in the next breath- really tear you down to the core of that small self struggling to grow- he was the one consistent person in my life who always accepted and encouraged me to be who I am, to remind me to remind myself- the world isn't like home, people mean to be good, and I am capable of taking part in that world. After his death, I had to reinforce that, in my mind- work harder at driving that concept deeper- to really accept myself on a very basic human level, a level most people appear to take for granted- perhaps because it is granted, for the most part. I had to just keep pushing. Keep reaching. Let go and not fall. Hold on, ever forward.

Only then did I know.. perhaps it's only then we can grasp it, some fragment of understanding.. how much of me died with him, and how much of himself he left behind. How much of my past, my identity was underlined and lifted up by his presence. I cannot imagine who I would have become- if I'd even be alive today- if he had never existed.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably my pops. He's an ENTP.

I admire him for being a truely great father in a situation where the majority of men would fall and crumble.

For owning up to his responsibilities and tackling them with the pure love for his children driving him.

For showing us and growing us and being the visionary talented man i adore.

G

Ginkgo

I've looked up to countless people; looking up to a person and looking down on a person are good ways to lose yourself. I'm currently shaping a perspective in which I deify and demonize nobody, and I hope to maintain this perspective as far as what I behold will take me. If I were to really narrow it down to a base trait I've admired, it would be purposefulness and diligence. This further narrows the list down to those I've understood the most; I come to realize they have been the most like me. Once I integrate what I've learned from them and see it through to the very end of my understanding, there is no turning back. What was once a preoccupation is now a reason to move forward and carry out the purpose. Every new challenge is a gift waiting to be given and to be grateful for. And I am grateful, even in feeling like I've made a roundabout around my Center of loyalty. Now that I'm on my Center, I will see everyone as an equal with equal merit to be respected and protected.

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
Nobody, really. At least, not as a hero. There have been individual events by people that I've admired, but honestly my standards seem to be too terribly high to actually have a hero.

The people whom I tend to have respect for are much more individuated than the average cat, while retaining a complex moral structure they adhere to.

They're almost always the type who would be labeled by society as being "personality disordered".