• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Extroverts does this happen to you?

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
Aren't ENFP's supposed to be less social than the other E's? I don't know. Having to deal with a bunch of kids and constantly having to give someone attention will wear ANYONE out. I personally love to go out and socialize, but I consider myself more of an introverted extrovert.

To put simply, it's exhausting dealing with people you don't want to deal with. I have friends who come over sometime and I'm all happy and excited to see them and have a good time hanging out, but sometimes they overstay their welcome and at that point, I feel like their presence is draining me. I just want them to leave and feel annoyed and get even more angry thinking about how they can't pick up on the very obvious hints that I want them to leave.

Everyone needs a little time to recharge.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hahaha, Kyi, I feel you.

And, I used to drop the obvious hints, but now, I just flat out tell them,

"Yo, nothing personal, I need some space now, love ya, bye"

And, they've grown to accept this about me.

As I've gotten older and more mature I've been learning about how to maintain my own needs rather than constantly sacrificing them for the benefit of others.

It helps.

:)

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
enfps don't give good hints about being socially at their limits imo. someone said you should be direct about what you can handle and that may be the best way to deal with social maximus. are esfjs like this too? or any feeling type besides infp lol who might give the wrong impression about needing downtime? i'm always confused as to what you want in this regard. how much stimulation can you handle? for me it's determined beforehand that i can't give too much in terms of support. but for feelers in general and extraverted feelers specifically, how much is too much, and can ya tell us without ambiguity, please, the next time you are maxed out? what, do you thunk yourselves saviours of the world?

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah mother + kids is exhausting. Plus ENFP's like to be around new people more than just old friends- or at least for me I prefer to see my old friends in rotation or doing something new with them- I know, it's kind of a shame to say we get drained and bored even with our closest friends. I think boredom in the form of monotony, even with fun things, is the draining side of friendships or anything in general for ENFP's (ENFJ's too).

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
enfps don't give good hints about being socially at their limits imo. someone said you should be direct about what you can handle and that may be the best way to deal with social maximus. are esfjs like this too? or any feeling type besides infp lol who might give the wrong impression about needing downtime? i'm always confused as to what you want in this regard. how much stimulation can you handle? for me it's determined beforehand that i can't give too much in terms of support. but for feelers in general and extraverted feelers specifically, how much is too much, and can ya tell us without ambiguity, please, the next time you are maxed out? what, do you thunk yourselves saviours of the world?

I heart INFJ :hug:, first. Second! Most of us just move on regardless of what anybody asks of us- unless you really really need us (ie you just broke up w/ a gf/bf month +), if they are healthy extroverts that is, although a lot of us start edging away before hand and you can kinda tell even though we don't feel comfortable stating any direct requests- at least for ENFP's and J's. Since we're not so good at hiding emotion (we often have too dam much of it) it usually rears it's ugly head completely involuntarily on the ENF's part.

Lol "social maximus".

How good are INFJ's at reading people? I have read that they are very good. I have a huge crush on one right now and he seems really insanely insightful as well. I think it's something INFJ's pride themselves on, (rightly so?). I should think this would also really help with the whole IDing people's max-out point. Do you agree with this?

(Sorry for getting off topic BerberElla).

revolve

being an enfp, Fi is of super importance . . . in other words, without nourishing my Fi i am a hot mess. we REQUIRE time to use, develop, nurture, strengthen our Fi on a daily or weekly basis . . . it's something we have to accept about ourselves . . . so if you are "burning the candle at both ends" or whatever you won't be giving your Fi any time to itself & you will hate yourself & the world. personally i need a lot of down time . . . a lot. i could only handle 1 day with out of town guests at my home & i would be dying to have them leave after the first 5-6 hours. i'm a bastard like that & i don't feel bad at all for feeling that way or being like this.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I heart INFJ :hug:, first. Second! Most of us just move on regardless of what anybody asks of us- unless you really really need us (ie you just broke up w/ a gf/bf month +), if they are healthy extroverts that is, although a lot of us start edging away before hand and you can kinda tell even though we don't feel comfortable stating any direct requests- at least for ENFP's and J's. Since we're not so good at hiding emotion (we often have too dam much of it) it usually rears it's ugly head completely involuntarily on the ENF's part.

Lol "social maximus".

How good are INFJ's at reading people? I have read that they are very good. I have a huge crush on one right now and he seems really insanely insightful as well. I think it's something INFJ's pride themselves on, (rightly so?). I should think this would also really help with the whole IDing people's max-out point. Do you agree with this?

(Sorry for getting off topic BerberElla).

just wanted to thank you for the :hug: thinkinjazz that meant a lot to me! to tell you the truth i really don't know if how i read people is accurate. i tend to ignore typology when i'm interacting in the real world. i do sense when people are maxed out, call it empathy call it whatever, not too hard to discern for me. my question regarded why others do not specifically give signals when they are maxed out. heh are they just trying to be polite? if so, why?