• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Building a Coffeehouse

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any other ideas anybody? :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's a way to have space while letting people feel like they have little corners to hide in. Half walls, neandering hallways, creating pocket alcoves through out the main space help.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, Please!

There's a way to have space while letting people feel like they have little corners to hide in. Half walls, neandering hallways, creating pocket alcoves through out the main space help.

Yeah, I'm going to need to figure out what the shape of the building will be...hallways can be a waste of space, but it's a great way to feel like you're in a private place.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I love local coffee houses because they don't serve Starbucks coffee. I like my coffee black and Starbucks coffee tastes burnt when it's served black. It only tastes decent after you've added a ton of cream, sugar, syrups, and whatever the heck it is people who don't actually like coffee add to coffee. I'm a coffee purist, you see.

My favorite coffee house in my area serves beignets. Of course, I'm in Louisiana, so beignets are expected.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:huh: What's a beignet Star?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
K, sounds exotic, I'll include it.

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
:huh: What's a beignet Star?

It's a type of fried dough. It's similar to those things you get in Mexican restaurants that are served with honey, only these are smaller and sprinkled with powdered sugar. They're always served right out of the fryer. Perfect with coffee.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yum! :tongue:

I'll do it! I think everyone else calls that fry-bread; on the west coast, we call those Cinnabons...either way, I'll do it! It's in the menu now!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We had a pretty long thread about hipsters over at the other forum.

Although I don't think you can classify everyone that dresses differently as a hipster. When I think hipster, I think of generic replication of style among the masses.

And tight pants. FUCK tight skinny pants. God damn those piss me off.

All that told me is that INTPs think they are really funny, but are not; half of the posters in the thread probably would be called hipsters, but have to make fun so as not to be called out; and the other half are jealous that they're just fat D&D nerds.

It's a type of fried dough. It's similar to those things you get in Mexican restaurants that are served with honey, only these are smaller and sprinkled with powdered sugar. They're always served right out of the fryer. Perfect with coffee.

That sounds like sopapillas. Those are served in the southwest, not really Mexican food. They are AWESOME. I'd die for a sopapilla right now, with honey, mmmm :drool:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Comfy earth-toned or pastel colored chairs and sofas
Classical music
Abstract art on the wall
Sufficient power outlets and wifi
'Ethical' awareness (fairtrade coffee, recycled paper, etc.) is a big plus, too

But most importantly, it has to be quiet and uncrowded :)

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like it 21! Tell me, do you mind quiet, and with a lot of people, but still spacey?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like it 21! Tell me, do you mind quiet, and with a lot of people, but still spacey?

Space is always good! :) I think I won't mind people so much as long as they're way out of my personal space, and especially if the tables are set in such a way that I won't have to look straight at other people all the time.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Huh. That's a good point. We specifically set up tables in a large group I'm a part of to avoid confrontational seating. Fascinating. I'll have to figure out (aside from triangular tables) how to work that out.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Weekend Bump

I've got friends that have suggested discounts (for students/professors/cops/fighterfighters, etc...).

They also mentioned that it has to be on the right side of the street...preferably on the side with the most morning traffic.

Any more thoughts? :D

Evi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Different sized rooms help with noise levels I think. Although part of the reason I go to coffee shops is for the gentle hum of voices. Oh and clean bathrooms that are not next to impossible to find. One note on chairs and couches: I find that if they are too soft/old/deep they can be difficult to get out of or shift around in while balancing a hot cup of coffee (because you've sunk to far to reach the table). I feel a bit like I'm being eaten by the couch and can't escape it's clutches.